Latest aimer news... - From skysports.com

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:28 pm

Claudio Ranieri insists he wants to keep Pablo Aimar, after Liverpool enquired about his availability.

The Argentine star was signed by Reds boss Rafael Benitez during his time with Los Ches.

Now it is understood that Benitez would like to sign Aimar once again. 

Aimar is not considered a certain starter for Valencia, having made several appearances from the bench already this season and he is becoming increasingly unsettled. 

The Argentine is an undoubted talent and, like so many before him, and no doubt many who will follow, was heralded as the new 'Diego Maradona' upon his arrival in Europe.

He has not fulfilled his full potential so far, but he is still regarded as one of the most dangerous players in the world.

Aimar would no doubt relish the chance to link up with Benitez at Anfield, but even the interest in the Argentine would lead to suggestions about the future of some of Benitez's current squad - particularly captain Steven Gerrard.

However, Ranieri has issued a swift rebuttal of the rumours - insisting he wants Aimar to stay.

"Aimar is a very important player for us and I do not believe that there is a desire to leave Valencia," said Ranieri.

Aimar's representatives, including Gustavo Mascardi, are planning a visit to Valencia to meet with the club's president Juan Bautista Soler.

It is thought that if no assurances are given that Aimar will feature more prominently in the starting XI, then the player will look for a summer move.

not sure what i think about this to be honest, any thoughts from anyone else?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:49 pm

unbelievable player. he gave one of the best performances i've ever seen by an opposing player at anfield in the champions league a few seasons back. we couldn't get anywhere near him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:50 pm

i don't see how he'd fit in right now. but if gerrard was to leave at whatever time i'd be very happy to see Aimar coming in to fill that gap.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:19 pm

If Rafa wants to get Aimar, then he obviously has his doubts over Stevie pledging his future with us, I like his style if hes just trying to get stevie to come out and say hes staying for another few seasons instead of holding the club to ransom.
With Hamman wanting a new contract and Xabis not goin anywhere, its only Stevies future is in doubt and will bring more speculation, if the Aimar rumours start flying around.
On another note Stevie in the Trafford centre answer to some scum fans :laugh:. Scouse humour at its best nice one stevie lad

:;):
Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has announced that he is signing for bitter rivals Manchester United once the transfer window re-opens.

But don't worry. The public admission was made by the England international while on a shopping trip in Manchester and not on Sky Sports or the BBC.

Asked by a couple of cocky kids when he'd be signing for Fergie, Gerrard replied: "Next week and I can't wait."

The incident was picked up by one of today's national newspapers so be warned if the Gerrard to Old Trafford rumours suddenly appear. Fortunately the newspaper in question made sure that Gerrard's words were reported in the manner that they should be, in that they weren't to be taken seriously!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:58 pm

he could play as a support striker just behind milan baros
coolsobs

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:06 pm

Why does he obviously have doubts if we sign Aimar?

He's not a central midfielder.

He plays in the same position as Luis Garcia, just off the front man.
115-1073096938

Postby anchor man » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:37 pm

Signing aimar would have absouletly no reflection on whether steve stays or goes as he plays as a link between midfield and strikers sitting in the hole behind a main striker. The only implication as i see it would be positive, showing stevie the quality rafa is able to attract and the respect he has from some of the worlds best players and showing steve he has to stay to prove his ambition is as high for liverpool as rafas is.
anchor man

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:08 pm

The authenticity of this report is borne out by the fact it says that Rafa signed him for Valencia.

Both reports are total rubbish.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:47 am

I second that. As far as I am aware Valencia and Benitez are no friends and I doubt that Valencia will let Benitez sign one of their best players.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby cheesecrackernuts » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:45 am

Liverpool have made enquiries about Argentinian midfielder Pablo Aimar, according to reports.

Aimar has become unsettled at Valencia and would relish the opportunity to link up with his former boss Rafael Benitez at Liverpool.

However, Valencia manager Claudio Ranieri insists there is no truth to the latest rumour.

"Aimar is a very important player for us and I do not believe that there is a desire to leave Valencia," he said
cheesecrackernuts

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:46 am

That's a good news for the club if we manage to sign him ... but bad news for smicer ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby tel » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:39 am

stu_the_red wrote:Why does he obviously have doubts if we sign Aimar?

He's not a central midfielder.

He plays in the same position as Luis Garcia, just off the front man.

Exactly. He's one more option to unlock a defence, rather than a central midfielder in the Gerrard mould. And Benitez was the one that taught him to play versatile. Until then he was very much a left sided midfielder.

Ever since maradona said aimar is the only player these days I'd pay money to see, I've paid attention to the boy. He is clearly one of the few exceptional talents going around. Only problem is he is a bit lite bodied for the premier league.
tel

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:07 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:The authenticity of this report is borne out by the fact it says that Rafa signed him for Valencia.

Both reports are total rubbish.

i wouldnt say total rubbish Leon:

heres the latest on Aimer courtesy of bbcsport

Valencia midfielder Pablo Aimar wants to move to England and join former boss Rafael Benitez at Liverpool.
Argentine international Aimar, 25, is not a regular in the Valencia side under Claudio Ranieri, the former Chelsea manager.

The midfielder told the Daily Star: "This season I'm not happy at Valencia.

"Rafa Benitez is an excellent coach who knows me very well and Liverpool would be an ideal place to go if I cannot sort out my future here."

Last season Aimar was part of the Valencia side that won both the Spanish league title and the Uefa Cup.

The Argentine added: "I do not understand why I have not been playing. Ranieri has not told me the reasons but I am obviously not part of his plans.

"From what I can see, English football is the best in Europe next to Spain and I do not think I would have a problem adapting to the Premiership."

so maybe there is something to it after all?
and looking a bit deeper into it i cant see why he cant be a class signing for us
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:07 pm

Any time a f@ckin rumour start's it's total rubbish what the f@ck is up with this place? where as once we could happily just talk abot the love of football and debate about signing rumours TRUE/FALSE this seems like it is a no go subject now.

So what should we be talking about then? If the subjects have something to do with LFC we should discuss and disect it then answer yay or nay and then move on.

IF that is the case with Aimer i am for it,end of.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:12 pm

im with u mistyred
the poiont of a discussion board is to discuss, not just dismiss
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion