Latest aimer news... - From skysports.com

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:42 pm

Ade wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:I agree Andy. I thought it was crazy two weeks ago when some people said we sign both players but from what I've heard, thats what the club is looking at.

if that happens Baros will be out the door by the end of the season.

That's what i was thinking. For some reason, I get the feeling Baros, for all his effort and his goals, his face just doesn't fit in our side. Benitez is very much a team ethic coach, and with Baros's ego and wanting to join Barca just as Rafa signs, i get the feeling he could be on the way out.

think also how Rafa picked his Valencia team: didn't he have Aimar playing behind tall, English-style centre forwards - Carew, then Mista? That suggests Morientes, with a split stiker and wide players.

i wouldn't go for both Anelka and Morientes. How will we keep those 2 and Baros happy, and then with Cisse coming back (hopefully)? The problem is though, top teams tend to have great strikers in depth, whereas you only really manage to keep 2 top-class centre backs at any one club. They have to play week in week out to get an understanding, and they're not usually rotated. This means most top teams have locked up the limited number of top-class CBs and they don't really have any spare, agitating for a move in the transfer window.

So yes, we need a top-drawer CB, but where are any available?

Cos of this, Rafa seems to be building from the front.

yeh it could look like we are getting one for free from valencia
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion