Dudek or kirkland?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mike72 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:05 pm

Assuming we sign Reina, and Carson is our young keeper for the future, do we keep Dudek or Kirkland, or neither?  I think we probably need to keep one because Reina is not guaranteed to acclimatise to English football and all the crosses and extra physical pressure put on keepers.  I like what I've seen of Carson, but he doesn't have the experience to be put in as no.1 yet in case of problems/injury to Reina. 

I say we keep Dudek...he has made the occasional howler, but he is a great keeper when his confidence is high...I remember him practically winning the League Cup final against Man United single handed.  Plus I've been really impressed with his attitude towards the probable signing of Reina...he wants to stay on compete for the jersey, rather than go somewhere else and be undisputed no.1

Kirkland has done pretty well when he has played without looking out of this world, but his constant injuries have hindered his progress.  So I say keep Dudek and let Kirkland go.
mike72

Postby A.B. » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:08 pm

I say loan Kirkland to the likes of West Brom and keep Dudek for the meantime.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul_Poland » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:04 am

Leave alone WBA. There plays Kuszczak great goalkeeper :D  did You see match wba against man u?
Dudek is the best goalkeeper of may in Europe by Kicker (ger) A Bola (port) Don Balon (spain)  Fanatik (tur) Gazzetta dello Sport (itl) Sport Express (ros) Tipsbladet (den) Voetbal International  (ned) World Soccer (Eng) I think he deserve to get chance to prove his skills....
Image There`s only one Jerzy Dudek and one Anfield Road!!!
Paul_Poland

Postby Paul C » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:59 am

I'd keep Dudek, I've slated him in the past but hopefully the finalc will have given him a lot of confidence which he was lacking in as his mistakes this season, Kirkland is a great keeper but he's never available cos of his injuries  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:27 am

So we keep all four?Thats a good idea. ???

Dudek should leave while he is still a hero.That way,we have 3 goalies.One for the lineup,one for the subs bench and the last one will play for the reserves.Of course,all 3 of them wouldn't want to be in the reserves.That should..be a good thing because of competition.
116-1104673748

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:41 am

Dudek. If we keep Kirkland, we may as well say we've got 2 keepers.(Reina(?) and Carson). Kirky never stays free of injury long enough to eat a fry up. Whats the frickin' point in that!?!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:55 am

Dudek has gone and complicated things with his final performance. Not many of us would have wanted to keep him up to then. But the way he played in that game(although he did make 2 bad errors as well) has made him want to stay. So, make him 2nd to Reina, send Kirkland on loan to prove his fitness, and we'll see at the end of the season................
neilE

Postby red_guy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:09 am

Keep Dudek!!!  Let him compete with reina.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:35 am

dudek has proved he can play well wen he stays off the drugs. a 'high' goalkeeper is an erratic goalkeeper.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby LiverpoolThroughAndThrough » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:40 am

I would actually loan Kirkland out like A.B said and then he can have a chance to prove that he is a good keeper and that he is not going to get injured nearly every game he plays in!
Born a Red, Live a Red, Die a Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

European champions 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LiverpoolThroughAndThrough

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:10 pm

Kirkland just got loadned out to WBA for a season. Hope he'll show that he's able to play a couple of games without injury :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mike72 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:33 pm

Rafa's probably took a 'wait and see' approach.  All of our keepers have potential, but they are either inconsistent, injured or very young.  Next season we'll see if Dudek find more consistency, if Kirkland can progress if he can play an injury free season, and if Carson can develop into the keeper Rafa believes he can be.  Missing out on a transfer free for Kirkland or Dudek now probably hurts our transfer funds right now, but it's probably the best decision.
mike72

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:14 pm

i thikn loaning out Kirkland would be a good move...the lad needs a full season of Premiership football and probably won't get it here next season.  Loan him out to the likes of WBA or West ham and then we can see how he does.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:24 pm

Dudek is the most likely to leave IMO, people seem to have a lot of sympathy him after the champions league final, but lets not forget the countless times he has let us down in the past few years.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul_Poland » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:09 pm

And what about Dudek vs. Reina ??? Both are good players and It`ll be unfair for both of them if they will sit on a bench ...
Image There`s only one Jerzy Dudek and one Anfield Road!!!
Paul_Poland

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion