Dudek or kirkland?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby joependo » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:16 pm

Keep Dudek an excellent keeper when he wants too.Leave Kirkland in the surgery :D .See the battle Dudek vs Reina
joependo

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:25 pm

If people think Dudek should stay then fair enough but to think that one month ago he wasn't up to it and now, after a good penalty shoot out, he is good enough is just ridiculous and shows how the average fan has a short memory.

I don't think he is good enough and should go while his stock is high. Know nothing about Reina but hope he isn't like the previous Spaniards (bar Alonso) Rafa bought as we can't give a goalie time to adjust, their errors lose games.

Kirkland is an injury :censored: up but we'd get nothing for him. loan him out for a season with the other club paying his wages and see how he does. Carson should then have a season in reserves to progress more.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:33 pm

neither........I thank Dudek for his services and his champions league final antics,but he is like a vampire and is scared of crosses,and generally makes too many mistakes.......as for kirkland he should sign for general hospital rovers.....with the likes of Kewell,anderton and woodgate etc
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:33 pm

the problem as i see it is that if, say, we have reina, dudek and carson none of them is easy to pick as the out and out number one. i haven't seen reina and reports i've heard have varied. i believe that 'keeper is one position you don't really f*ck about with, you pick your number one and you keep him there unless injury dictates othwerwise.

people have said that dudek's CL final performance have made us forget he's a dodgy keeper and we have short memories. its actually the other way around... its reminded us he's a good keeper, and those who can't remember when he was in tremendous form for us have the memory problem. his confidence is sky high after winning the cup for us (for it was he that won it. don't forget that.) i say we keep him as number one and make the most of it. let the newcomer earn the position not just be given it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:09 pm

andy_g wrote:people have said that dudek's CL final performance have made us forget he's a dodgy keeper and we have short memories. its actually the other way around... its reminded us he's a good keeper, and those who can't remember when he was in tremendous form for us have the memory problem.

Very true

But if Rafa's gonna spend 6-8 mil on reina, its not gonna be to sit him on the bench, he'll be first choice.  Also, isn't our goalkeeping coach otchoterrena (or however u spell it) reina's coach at international level also?  Or maybe it was when he was in the under-21s.  But anyway, you don't get a better opportunity to properly scout someone than that. 

I'd get rid of kirkland, far too many injuries.  Even despite that, he's not even that good a keeper, poor reflexes and prone to the odd blunder himself.  At least loan him out if we can't find a buyer
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1892 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:31 pm

in one of the scottish papers is sais that kirkland might be away to the likes of celtic or WBA
LFC1892

Postby joependo » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:46 pm

in one of the scottish papers is sais that kirkland might be away to the likes of celtic or WBA
Ld i am glad not bein nasty or nein.but he is always in surgery or out on pitch conce=din goal.i would rather him gon
joependo

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:58 pm

paaaaardn?
115-1073096938

Postby joependo » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:24 pm

Lad i am glad.Not being nasty or anythin.But he is always in surgery or out on pitch concedin goals.i would rather him gon
joependo

Postby Espionage » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:00 am

andy_g wrote:people have said that dudek's CL final performance have made us forget he's a dodgy keeper and we have short memories. its actually the other way around... its reminded us he's a good keeper, and those who can't remember when he was in tremendous form for us have the memory problem.

:bowdown
brilliant, i want to see the old Dudek. I would rather keep him then get someone else but i think that this is his last chance if things go wrong next season
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:38 am

If you watched that match again, he did make several errors. Made a great save and had a good shoot out but he did lose positioning, fail to command his defence (remember JC screaming at him) and drop some easy crosses.

He is NOT good enough, thanks for the memories (he'll always be a legend for the shoot out) but he will cost us more points next season that a really good goalie would.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muttleyp » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am

Rafa is obviously buying Reina to be the number 1 keeper, I like Dudek and at one point he was prob joint best keeper in the league along with Cudicini, but since then he has been very inconsistent and made far to many howlers this season to even be considered for first choice, or even second choice. Being the hero in one match cant make up for the amount of dropped points that he has cost us this season (Man U and Portsmouth spring to mind).
Kirkland should be loaned out to one of the bottom placed teams so his shot stopping abilites can be assesed properly as i think thats the weakest part of his game (other than being injury prone) and see how his body holds up for a season.

Reina for number 1 and Carson for number 2, loan out Kirkland and cash in on Dudek unless hes happy bench warming.
muttleyp

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:14 pm

See the baggies want Kirky?
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:31 pm

so is Dudek really going? Seems like there's no news that Rafa's selling him or other clubs wants to buy him?
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby rinoayuna » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:12 am

john craig wrote:I'd get rid of kirkland, far too many injuries.  Even despite that, he's not even that good a keeper, poor reflexes and prone to the odd blunder himself.  At least loan him out if we can't find a buyer

so what you are saying is that keepers must never make mistakes. even the great Dane (Schmeichel) made the occassional blunder sometimes. also, i feel that we should loan him out and not sell him. we dont know what he can do for us because of his injuries but even so i feel we shud give him a chance to prove himself first. just the one season on loan and if things dun work out, sell him.
rinoayuna

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion