Kewell will have to raise his game - He could soon be our weakest midfielder

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:23 pm

I'm wondering how Kewell's going to react to the new arrivals. For the last season, he's been referred to as one of our three star players alongside Gerrard and Owen, but now I think he's arguably the weakest of our first choice midfield 4.

Will he raise his game, or could the presence of players that are doing the business around him while he's not make him even more disillusioned with his own form?
ivor_the_injun

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:46 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:I'm wondering how Kewell's going to react to the new arrivals. For the last season, he's been referred to as one of our three star players alongside Gerrard and Owen, but now I think he's arguably the weakest of our first choice midfield 4.

Will he raise his game, or could the presence of players that are doing the business around him while he's not make him even more disillusioned with his own form?

Garcia is also a lefty and is described as a player who can play both right and left winger, so he could cover for Kewell in case of both injury when his out of shape. I believe that a bit of competiton will do Kewell some good.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiunn » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:01 pm

i think kewell isnt playing to his 100% due to his knee...i notice that he is holding back when being confronted by defenders..it may be the pysco thing that is bothering his play!

I broke my arm before..even the doctor told me that i can go straight back to karatae after 4 weeks but i just couldnt get over it even after years...i just used the other arm more...it is subconscious and u may not even notice it urself!

Hope kewell wll get over it soon..and show us his old formidable form!
chiunn

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:43 pm

Kewell should be up to the challenge but the question could well be, how well can Garcia play on the right?  Then it may be a battle between Nunez and Garcia for the right hand-side with Gerrard and Alonslo in the centre.  Of course I don't know but that would be a pretty powerful midfield.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:53 pm

i was on this forum towards the end of last season having a go at harry kewell. ok he was supposedly playing with an ankle injury but after christmas he was nothing short of poor. hopefully this season he will regain some of the form he showed at leeds. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:02 pm

Maybe kewell should just go for OP to get his knees repaired once & for all.......... It is getting painful to see him play like this. I believe on his day, kewell is one of the best left wingers in the world.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion