Harry kewell vs. u r gay - Thoughts about the game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:43 am

Starbridge42 wrote:yes there is... its called Queensland vs New South Wales - State of Origin and I've been to a number of State of origins and could say that Jihads have been conducted with less hostility.

To compare State of Origin to one of the biggest footballing derbies in the World (River Plate vs Boca Juniors) is laughable.

If it was that hostile they would segregate the fans, but that doesn't happen.

Nothing in Australia or NZ compares to the passion/hostility of the biggest footballing derbies like River/Boca, Celtic/Rangers, Galatasaray/Fenerbahce, Liverpool/Everton, Liverpool/Manure, Olympiakos/Panathinaikos, Vasco da Gama/Flamengo, AC Milan/Inter, Real/Barca, and I could go on and on.

This is defintley one thing Kid A was dead right about.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:51 am

LFC #1 wrote:
Starbridge42 wrote:yes there is... its called Queensland vs New South Wales - State of Origin and I've been to a number of State of origins and could say that Jihads have been conducted with less hostility.

To compare State of Origin to one of the biggest footballing derbies in the World (River Plate vs Boca Juniors) is laughable.

Nothing in Australia or NZ compares to the passion/hostility of the biggest footballing derbies like River/Boca, Celtic/Rangers, Galatasaray/Fenerbahce, Liverpool/Everton, Liverpool/Manure, Olympiakos/Panathinaikos, Vasco da Gama/Flamengo, AC Milan/Inter, Real/Barca, and I could go on and on.

The thing you are forgetting is that Australians by nature are very reserved and can control their actions, while still being passionate.

Being passionate does not mean it has to translate into violence.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:57 am

AussieKopite wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

The thing you are forgetting is that Australians by nature are very reserved and can control their actions, while still being passionate.

Thats a fair point and one I probably should have included.
I like the fact that as a Kiwi I can go to a Bledisloe Cup match do the haka with my brother in pack of aussies and not get into a fight. Yo udon't feel intimiadated at all, cos generally it's just good natured banter between the two sets of teams.

Saying that though, the atmosphere, singing etc at the major football derbies far surpasses State of origin, and this was the main point I was trying to make.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:20 am

LFC #1 wrote:
AussieKopite wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

Thats a fair point and one I probably should have included.
I like the fact that as a Kiwi I can go to a Bledisloe Cup match do the haka with my brother in pack of aussies and not get into a fight. Yo udon't feel intimiadated at all, cos generally it's just good natured banter between the two sets of teams.

Saying that though, the atmosphere, singing etc at the major football derbies far surpasses State of origin, and this was the main point I was trying to make.

I think you're right there, but I think that Aussies are too lazy to be that well organised.

The QLD Roar matches have a fair bit of atmosphere, but all the other codes don't have that level of organisation.

There is always a lot of banter with Australians.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:20 am

P.S. Don't forget about Ford vs Holden.

Now, that can get vitriolic.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gordy_123 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:44 am

We can all agree on one thing here...............................................Kid A is ugly[B]
gordy_123

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:24 am

gordy_123 wrote:We can all agree on one thing here...............................................Kid A is ugly[B]

and so are Tasmanians.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:00 am

AussieKopite wrote:
gordy_123 wrote:We can all agree on one thing here...............................................Kid A is ugly[B]

and so are Tasmanians.

Ahem!!! Excuse me gentlemen...

I live in Tasmania...although strictly speaking, I'm not a Tasmanian being born in Newcastle (who just happened to have knocked over the Roar yesterday!!!) and moved here 11 years ago. And to qualify as a Tasmanian you have to have direct link back to a convict or governmentman...which I don't.  :(

And that's OK by me!!!

:D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:54 am

Lionheart wrote:
AussieKopite wrote:

and so are Tasmanians.

Ahem!!! Excuse me gentlemen...

I live in Tasmania...although strictly speaking, I'm not a Tasmanian being born in Newcastle (who just happened to have knocked over the Roar yesterday!!!) and moved here 11 years ago. And to qualify as a Tasmanian you have to have direct link back to a convict or governmentman...which I don't.  :(

And that's OK by me!!!

Nicely done.  :D

They are getting so frustrating. Its like all the stikers have modelled themselves on Peter Crouch.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:41 pm

i'm calling the coppers :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:54 pm

New banner Judge?
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:55 pm

not quite, gerrard has been incorporated into it, by you know who
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:05 pm

Yeahy, I noticed that, looks really good. He's an artist isn't he?
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:10 am

el_stinger wrote:
Kid a wrote:
el_stinger wrote:
Kid a wrote:The average Australian football fan knows nothing of passion or history. 

You are a fu.ckhead. Typical Urgayan arrogant, pigheaded mierda. Concha su Madre hijo de puta. Guevon!

I'm American, my father is Uruguayan. I've only lived in Uruguay for a year when like 7. Insult me in English, if you want. I won't have toruble understanding, as I'm judging that I'm probably more highly educated than you by reading your posts.  :D

If you want another sweeping generalization, from reading most posts directed at me here - it seems alot of you Aussies have trouble understanding things. I've rambled, but anything people wanted to know is there. Instead of wasting your time typing things out to me that aren't necessary, you should have wasted it reading my rambles and avoided unnecessary comments.

Those comments are necessary, and long overdue!

If the United States had played England in a match, where the US won and an American came around commenting about the "Average American fan" when someone made a crack about buying an England shirt - I bet no one would of had a problem with comments such as mine coming from a Brit. Exchange Australia with the US. Everyone would of had a laugh probably, probably including some Australians. Why is it apparently "okay" to insult Americans when it comes to football/soccer?? I see it all the time. They're a developing football country. Fastest growing sport in America. I'm sure the MLS has their classic games. They also have players in the Premiership and Europe. People still take the pis.s out of  them. No one seems to mind. I, personally,  don't see much difference between the United States and Australia in terms of football. Just my opinion. You might feel there's a difference, but it isn't THAT much. Saying that with all due respect. I defended myself from what I thought was a personal insult calling me a sad supporter. I think I'm right with the basis of what I said, overblown perhaps due to me being a bit annoyed. Basis-wise, I wouldn't take anything back...
Kid a

Postby Kid a » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:19 am

Lionheart wrote:
Kid a wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Kid A...you are hilarious!!! My family has just come running into the study to see what I was laughing at. I literally have tears streaming down my face...and my gut aches. Seriously I haven't laughed so much in ages.

But I also want to apologise for being such a bully and making you respond to my comments. I thought I was a bit more reserved than that. I'll take myself out into the back yard and teach myself a lesson!!

I think we had better stop corresponding thought...my lungs can't stand that much exercise. Now you run out and organise a a street game in your obviously far superior footballing nation, so that you will be ready for 2010.

Me?? I'm just going to go and organise my schedule for Germany 2006...I'll be travelling over to watch my footballing nobody countrymen play in the world cup. We made it to the cup...anything from here is just a bonus!!

What?? Yes, you're right, that was extremely arrogant of me to say things like that. :wwww

BTW...I couldn't see the smilies you included to annoy me because of the tears in my eyes!!!!!  (you should be on the stage lad, or writting funny books)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

psst....somebody get this bloke some  :help

What's hilarious is that I called you on your stupidity. Laugh at it all you want, I think you look stupid. That's all that matters to me, not your opinion on me or any Aussies. I put just as much thought into my long reply, and you did with yours. I'll save you a seat in the wagon. You know I'm right also. You called me on on my credibility as a football fan, saying that I was a sad supporter for making fun of the fact that I bought a jersey and that I wouldn't be able to wear it for the near future...and that an Australian football fan would never say such because they were proud or what not. Atleast that's what I interpreted it as. I told you the difference between me and an Australian football fan, didn't I?? I told it like it is. And I showed your debating skills for what most of it is and was...tripe. You commenting on non-issues mostly and trying to manipulate my words, so as to try and get what little point across you want to make. And I didn't call you arrogant because you were gloating, I called you such because you are thick-head and persisted with "demands of the modern game" garbage and excuses and failed to admit the fact that your team played dirty. That's the bottomline.

And, I don't play on the street. Why would I?? I was letting you know the scenes of a true footballing nation, not one who's team in nicknamed the Socceroos and people start to support and put the spotlight on because they qualified. Don't comment on me as a fan, you have no room.

Kid a, I won't continue this discussion in this public forum for fear that you are making yourself look a tad silly. I have written you a personal message in the hope you might see the light. One can but hope...

And as I have said when responding to your message, why play the nice guy in private and call me silly on here?? My conversation with you through PM was civil, and it would have been such in this thread as well. You even insulted me in your first message, and I didn't respond to any of that. I thought we talked things out fine..
Kid a

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion