Kewell conundrum

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedorDead » Thu May 26, 2005 8:50 am

OK, he has a Champions League winner's medal now but Harry Kewell is probably the one player who didn't deserve it. What do people think of his "injury"? To me it is all in his head, he saw us getting a pounding for 20 minutes and he just didn't fancy it. He said a couple of months ago that his season was over despite physio's at Anfield saying he was fit. He has something up in his head I think and if it doesn't get fixed he is never going to be any sort of player for us again.
He has huge talent and if he played like he used to for Leeds he'd be a crucial part of our team but someting has to happen now, his below par performance and attitude has gone on too long.

Am I the first person to get all serious after winnig the European Cup? Hahaha!!! Sorry!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu May 26, 2005 9:10 am

I don't really care about Kewell, it sumed his season up when he went off injured, just a case of will Rafa bin him off now?
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu May 26, 2005 4:08 pm

i dont think that you can blame Kewell for Rafa starting him......... it didnt work out and he got injured, you cannot really blame him for that either. Kewell will still be around for at least the first half of next season unless we do some serious midfield aquisition between now and the start of the next season.
He is a great player and Liverpool dont have anyone else that gets to the by-line and puts in the crosses (i know, i know that was a long time age when he was at Leeds) but i still have faith in him

though i may be bias, i AM Australian
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu May 26, 2005 4:11 pm

I am aussie too, and I thought that the reason he got injured was all mental. He is not worth giving a second chance, we could get more for him now that he has a winner's medal around his neck, its gonna be a loss, but then again, we could get a young lad who will WANT to play for the club and not feign injury at the perchance that he might be in a losing side. Good Riddance.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 26, 2005 4:14 pm

He doesnt deserve the medal at all.
I was made up when we signed him, for leeds he was brilliant but his attitude has been poor, to say against the managers wishes that he cant play was a disgrace.
The worrying thing for me is that Rafa seems to like him, he's picked him to start in both finals.
Kewell is on silly money and not earning it...simple as that.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu May 26, 2005 4:28 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:He doesnt deserve the medal at all.

i still think that that is harsh, i hear it time and time again "in Rafa we trust",im not promoting blind faith but perhaps a little belief in our manager
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 26, 2005 4:43 pm

Maybe I'm feeling generous today , I say wait and see what the medical report has to say . I am disappointed that he seemed so keen to leave the field ,made no attempt to carry on (unlike Carra later in the game who seemed prepared to play on even if they cut his legs off) , perhaps ,whatever injury he suffered made it impossible for him to continue and he knew it .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu May 26, 2005 5:14 pm

Injured?

Was he :censored:. He's a :censored: and a disgrace.
115-1073096938

Postby andy_g » Thu May 26, 2005 5:31 pm

didn't look to me like he was too keen to come off. the look on his face suggested to that he was completely fukkin gutted. maybe he knew it may be his last chance, maybe he fears his plague of injuries is never going to completely go away. dunno why, but i can't stop feeling generous towards kewell - i just can't beleive that a seriously talented player will suddenly decide to stop trying or wanting to play. its a ridiculous idea if you think about it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu May 26, 2005 6:56 pm

The touch line report said that he told the physio at the pitch side that "something snapped", now if that's true, you can't expect him to play on, but this is going on too long. We need rid of Harry now, he doesn't show any determination or willingness to get stuck in, hes on rediculous wages to top the bill - at least TRY and f*cking earn it Harry.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Thu May 26, 2005 7:51 pm

The only thing that snapped was his attitude.  Did you see him sprinting towards Dudek after the shoot out ?.......didn't seem to be injured to me.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby stapo1000 » Thu May 26, 2005 8:43 pm

rafa put too much faith in kewell. i think this is the last straw
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri May 27, 2005 5:34 am

please.. who doesn't want to play in the champions league final.. can u guys stop acting a a fool? u want him to carry on with that injury and perform badly thru out the game, or u want to sub him..
i think if i were him.. i know i have an injury and will not be able to perform to my maximum.. i will rather the manager sub mi for a fitter player.. if i dun do it.. than i am just harming the team as a whole..
Alonso_Rulz

Postby Espionage » Fri May 27, 2005 5:41 am

Alonso_Rulz wrote:please.. who doesn't want to play in the champions league final.. can u guys stop acting a a fool? u want him to carry on with that injury and perform badly thru out the game, or u want to sub him..
i think if i were him.. i know i have an injury and will not be able to perform to my maximum.. i will rather the manager sub mi for a fitter player.. if i dun do it.. than i am just harming the team as a whole..

Amen
i think that the whole concept of not wanting to play is bullsh;t
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri May 27, 2005 5:43 am

Espionage wrote:
Alonso_Rulz wrote:please.. who doesn't want to play in the champions league final.. can u guys stop acting a a fool? u want him to carry on with that injury and perform badly thru out the game, or u want to sub him..

Amen
i think that the whole concept of not wanting to play is bullsh;t

can u rephase your words.. dun understand a single word in your sentence
Alonso_Rulz

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion