KEVIN STEWART - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:49 pm

What I always liked about Hamann in CM is that he focused on doing the simple things really well and consistently. I’m not comparing Stewart to Hamann but he has shown this same quality in the games he has played. By the end of the cup run he looked the most at home in senior football of all the players who normally play for the U21s. Ultimately I don’t think he’ll make any significant impact here but based on form he probably should start on Sunday. It’s amazing what a couple of hungry players can do for your side.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:36 pm

Let's face it, the league is lost, we probably won't be anywhere near top 4 come May. So what Klopp needs to do now is give the youngsters a chance in league games. I don't mean like playing our entire second team, but give one or two youngsters a go with the seniors in each game. For example we play Brannagan and Smith in one game and then we play Stewart and Ilori in another. The kids that we should concentrate on are: Ilori, Smith, Brannagan, Stewart, Chirivella, Texeria and of course Flanagan (hope I haven't missed anyone worth mentioning). These lads have some potential and IMO this is the perfect time to give them a chance to show us what they've got. I hope Klopp realizes this. Who knows, we might just pick out a gem or two.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby the return of HAS » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Not exactly a kid (4 months older than Emre Can!). I don't think he'll stay with us very long but I hope this little run in the FA Cup will raise his profile and get him a good move. He was originally bought in simply to bolster the numbers in the U21. He was older than much of that group when we signed.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:42 pm

So pleased for him that he made his EPL debut today, he certainly didn't look out of place, he looked better than Hendo (who hasn't looked right since coming back from his injury)

He kept everything simple, he looked solid and robust and that one chipped pass to the right of their box for Clyne was top draw

I hope he proves the doubters wrong and forces himself into the team with some really good performances, to be fair competition wise he could compete with Lucas, Allen and Hendo, why not??

Take your chance lad
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:27 am

JK has said that Kevin Stewart was involved in a training ground injury, after blocking a shot, they fear he could be out for a while with ankle ligaments
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:23 am

Too bad for the kid (though I think he's a bit too old to be classified as "kid" already). But sad to say, it's one that will not have any impact to us now we have all the key guys coming back. He would have struggled to get much game time anyway. Personally though, I am more for others like Brad Smith, Teixeira (the one who's already with us) and Rossiter to get more games. Stewart never really impressed me much in the games I've seen him. Though Klopp's no fool. If he's playing then he must be be doing something right in training
alxy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:35 am

alxy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:23 am wrote:Too bad for the kid (though I think he's a bit too old to be classified as "kid" already). But sad to say, it's one that will not have any impact to us now we have all the key guys coming back. He would have struggled to get much game time anyway. Personally though, I am more for others like Brad Smith, Teixeira (the one who's already with us) and Rossiter to get more games. Stewart never really impressed me much in the games I've seen him. Though Klopp's no fool. If he's playing then he must be be doing something right in training

To be fair to Stewart he gets through a hell of a lot of work, maybe even more than Henderson (which takes some doing).
They'd be a decent CM pairing if you wanted to press the f**k out of some team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:57 pm

He has today signed a long term 4 year contract with the option of a 5th

All the details here...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... eves-in-me
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:56 am

Squad player, one less problem.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:50 am

Kevin Stewart: "I didn't expect it to get better so quick but I've been out on the pitch for about a week now doing some running & passing."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion