JOSE ENRIQUE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Good signing for a good price, just need a centre back and a striker now then were looking competetive
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:52 pm

only me wrote:
aCe' wrote:Good signing...

Would i get shot if i suggested we start Aurelio ahead of him until Aurelio gets injured...
Aurelio and Downing with their respective abilities can form one of the strongest left sides in the league with Aurelio's passing giving Downing the freedom to pick harder runs down the flank or towards the middle... The game against Valencia showed what they (as a partnership down the left) can do and I'd hate to see it limited to that game...

Theres every chance the same could happen with a Downing-Enrique partnership but I'm not Enrique is as technically gifted as Aurelio..

Regardless, good signing for a position we've struggled to fill in recent times... Hopefully he steps up and becomes a reliable member of the first team..

What Valencia game? have you forget the past years of Aurellio performance? His injury track record has become at some stage just pathetic ,and it's not the players fault it's the manager fault for keeping a chronic injured player in the team. As to his natural abilites oh well....LB should be able to support the attack and track back just as quickly - Aurellio has never had speed and i really can't understand this wave of discovered admiration of the Guy.

Enrique as far as i remember has the pace and speed to give us more attacking options and at least just as well defending. Really no contest.

:wwww
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:39 pm

Has he signed.. if not I am not going to start celebrating. If it comes off could be a steal if the price is correct, but at the same time could easily be hijacked.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:50 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Has he signed.. if not I am not going to start celebrating. If it comes off could be a steal if the price is correct, but at the same time could easily be hijacked.

He completed his medical today, he is signed.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:55 pm

Good enough for me!!!!!  :p
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:11 am

aCe' wrote:
only me wrote:
aCe' wrote:Good signing...

Would i get shot if i suggested we start Aurelio ahead of him until Aurelio gets injured...
Aurelio and Downing with their respective abilities can form one of the strongest left sides in the league with Aurelio's passing giving Downing the freedom to pick harder runs down the flank or towards the middle... The game against Valencia showed what they (as a partnership down the left) can do and I'd hate to see it limited to that game...

Theres every chance the same could happen with a Downing-Enrique partnership but I'm not Enrique is as technically gifted as Aurelio..

Regardless, good signing for a position we've struggled to fill in recent times... Hopefully he steps up and becomes a reliable member of the first team..

What Valencia game? have you forget the past years of Aurellio performance? His injury track record has become at some stage just pathetic ,and it's not the players fault it's the manager fault for keeping a chronic injured player in the team. As to his natural abilites oh well....LB should be able to support the attack and track back just as quickly - Aurellio has never had speed and i really can't understand this wave of discovered admiration of the Guy.

Enrique as far as i remember has the pace and speed to give us more attacking options and at least just as well defending. Really no contest.

:wwww

I disagree with you Ace.  Clearly Koncheskey and Insua are miles ahead of Aurelio.  The fact that Koncheskey was manhandled by CCC clubs last year just shows his class....

All joking aside, I still believe Aurelio is a great player.  If he wasn't injured all the time, I've no doubt he'd be one of the top LB's in the league.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Scottbot » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 am

Really good piece of business. Evidentally we've been chasing this lad all summer and it's good to see the club playing hard ball over the price. The last few years I've felt that we haven't really boxed all that clever with transfers. We often seemed to go after players like Keane and Johnson right after they had just had the best season and with long contracts but with Charlie Adam and now Enrique we've got ourselves a couple of players who would (had their contracts had longer to run) have usually cost £10-12 million.

I think he'll do well, he's a good ball player and has had a few years experience in England including a season in the Championship which will have toughened him up. In some ways he reminds of Stevie Finnan except he's better going forward and perhaps not quite as solid from a defensive point of view. Our left side looking VERY solid now with two players who can dribble and cross the ball. No doubt big Andy Carroll is rubbing his hands together at the prospect.

Right, all we need now is a centre-half and I will be well and truly happy with what we've got!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:02 am

I wonder if he will start for Sunderland? :)
killerp

Postby Zidane » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:15 am

What a bargain, great signing I think he could be the league's top LB for years to come.
Zidane

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:26 am

killerp wrote:I wonder if he will start for Sunderland? :)

Since he's a Liverpool player, I highly doubt he'll be starting for Sunderland.  Just a hunch.  :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:35 am

The Good Yank wrote:
killerp wrote:I wonder if he will start for Sunderland? :)

Since he's a Liverpool player, I highly doubt he'll be starting for Sunderland.  Just a hunch.  :p

you crack me up... :glare:
killerp

Postby TheLad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:23 am

Good buy. Are the toons offically our feeding club now? :-)
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:40 am

TheLad wrote:Good buy. Are the toons offically our feeding club now? :-)

They are officially a feeding club in general.  My bros furious with Ashley as it's obvious this is what it's coming too.  Ashley gladly sells as soon as he can turn a profit, tho there was no profit on Nolan and Enrique, and Barton if he goes like this... Sometimes his personal vendettas get in the way of his business of owning a feeder club.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:00 am

For the people asking, Im 95% sure he wont be playing tomorrow.  Id say there is still lots of paperwork to be completed and he hasn't even trained with the lads :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:35 am

stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion