JOSE ENRIQUE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Jeez and they say Cole's one of the best :O
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:09 pm

IS JOSE ENRIQUE A GOOD PLAYER OR NOT?

Can somebody give me a 'bigmick-ish' write up on him so I can get some kind of understanding regarding the type of player he is, please, with a cherry on top.

Whoops, just seen Mike's Owzat-ish stat up of him, pretty good stats. Although for a defender only made 61 tackles in comparison to other LB's who made triple figured and higher double digit figured tackles could tell us something ominous about his defending or *cough* lack of.   ???
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:IS JOSE ENRIQUE A GOOD PLAYER OR NOT?

Can somebody give me a 'bigmickish' write up on him so I can get some kind of understanding regarding the type of player he is, please, with a cherry on top.

well I can't do a bigmick analysis but I'll tell you this from the Newcastle performances that he is agile, very quick, hard to beat, solid defensively and solid going forward. A lot criticize his defensive abilities but I've been reading some stats (St.Mick just posted them up) he looks excellent defensively. I also read somewhere that he almost represented the sprinting team when he was young, so basically he is the quickest player in our squad.

very good signing

and thank you MH for the exclusive and getting the Enrique story right :;):
Last edited by metalhead on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:19 pm

metalhead wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:IS JOSE ENRIQUE A GOOD PLAYER OR NOT?

Can somebody give me a 'bigmickish' write up on him so I can get some kind of understanding regarding the type of player he is, please, with a cherry on top.

well I can't do a bigmick analysis but I'll tell you this from the Newcastle performances that he is agile, very quick, hard to beat, solid defensively and solid going forward. A lot criticize his defensive abilities but I've been reading some stats (St.Mick just posted them up) he looks excellent defensively. I also read somewhere that he almost represented the sprinting team when he was young, so basically he is the quickest player in our squad.

very good signing

and thank you MH for the exclusive and getting the Enrique story right :;):

And thank you MH for your brief but succinct write up on him.   :)

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:Whoops, just seen Mike's Owzat-ish stat up of him, pretty good stats. Although for a defender only made 61 tackles in comparison to other LB's who made triple figured and higher double digit figured tackles could tell us something ominous about his defending or *cough* lack of.   ???

Well maybe his positioning is good that he doesn't need to do too many tackles...

also is nicking the ball off an opponent considered tackling? in FIFA it's called a standing tackle...  :eyebrow
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:26 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:Whoops, just seen Mike's Owzat-ish stat up of him, pretty good stats. Although for a defender only made 61 tackles in comparison to other LB's who made triple figured and higher double digit figured tackles could tell us something ominous about his defending or *cough* lack of.   ???

Well maybe his positioning is good that he doesn't need to do too many tackles...

also is nicking the ball off an opponent considered tackling? in FIFA it's called a standing tackle...  :eyebrow

Hmmmm. smarty pants.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:27 pm

As I said in another thread, this notion that he can't defend is completely overexaggerated. At Newcastle he had Guitierrez playing infront of him who had no positional discipline and didn't play for the team at all. He was left exposed a lot of the time. If there's one thing Downing is above anything else, it's disciplined. I don't see our left side as having any major weaknesses now which is great to say.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:29 pm

stmichael wrote:As I said in another thread, this notion that he can't defend is completely overexaggerated. At Newcastle he had Guitierrez playing infront of him who had no positional discipline and didn't play for the team at all. He was left exposed a lot of the time. If there's one thing Downing is above anything else, it's disciplined. I don't see our left side as having any major weaknesses now which is great to say.

Have you seen much of him up in Geordie land, you are up that way aren't you?

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
stmichael wrote:As I said in another thread, this notion that he can't defend is completely overexaggerated. At Newcastle he had Guitierrez playing infront of him who had no positional discipline and didn't play for the team at all. He was left exposed a lot of the time. If there's one thing Downing is above anything else, it's disciplined. I don't see our left side as having any major weaknesses now which is great to say.

I've got a few friends who are season ticket holders at the toon and they all rave about him. I was at St James' last season when they tonked us 3-1 and I was really impressed I have to say. I think it's fair to say that it took him a year to get used to the League but now you'll struggle to find many more consistent left backs around.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:40 pm

got him. Welcome to Liverpool Enrique and may you have a great career here.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Don't know too much about him to be honest.... but glad we've got a LB as we needed that fairly badly. Most people think he's a handy player but I'll reserve judgement till I've seen in the red shirt myself. Welcome lad.... make us proud!
ConnO'var

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:59 pm

SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:03 pm

stmichael wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

I've got a few friends who are season ticket holders at the toon and they all rave about him. I was at St James' last season when they tonked us 3-1 and I was really impressed I have to say. I think it's fair to say that it took him a year to get used to the League but now you'll struggle to find many more consistent left backs around.

The Toon fans I know up here say he's their best player. Got their player of the year as well. They've sold him for less than what they bought him for as well, more plaudits for Mike Ashley  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maximus » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:06 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Image

The only thing that chart tells me is that I am gutted we missed out on Clichy!!  :laugh:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Know a couple of Newcastle fans who rate him highly, great signing and long overdue a quality player in that position.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion