Joel Matip Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:28 am

“The financial doping of clubs like City and PSG is so grotesque that it has turned Football fans and experts into dumb zombies who now judge the players based on transfer cost rather than actual skill and performances.
Free agent Matip is a far better defender than Maguire and Ruben Dias. Matip is a Champions League, Premier League, Super cup and Club World Cup winner. Got a clean sheet to win the semi final against Barca and did it again in the final. What trophies have Maguire and Dias' won? What did they do in their respective European finals? And yet if you read the news, no "expert" is talking about Matip. It's all about Dias and Mcguire. Why? Because they have a big price tag. And on top of that, they will compare these 2 with Van Dijk while they can't even lace Matip's shoes. Stupid..so stupid. Corruption in the game is now corrupting the minds.”
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:24 pm

Having such a good season isn't he? Been really consistent and his runs forward are really useful in opening things up. Nice pass to Firmino for the 1st goal yesterday.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:50 am

Looks like he may have a season ending ACL injury which means he may never play again for us and we need a defender this Jan rather than in the summer.

Feel bad for him, will find his chances of moving to another club when his contract runs out reduced. Not a nice way to end it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:03 am

Awful news for Joel but I did read comments from Klopp saying the club would show its class and offer him a new contract.
I get the sentiment but not sure its the wisest move considering the injury and the age of the player.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:05 am

Just insane to
1. offer a new contract after ACL inujury and 33 years old
2. take in no  replacement in January
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:38 pm

He's been a great servant, but his best days are behind him.

I respect Klopp for showing loyalty with a new contract. But Matip and Gomez aren't good enough to start. And Konate is too clumsy for my liking.

We need a new central defender. And quickly.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion