Its time for the autopsy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:02 am

I think its clear that we have just seen the managers resignation letter with that performance and even though we got through on pens it was a shambles from start to finish.
So lets go through from start to finish: what went wrong?
Thommo's perm

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:24 am

I think we've got a good squad with a p!ss poor manager at the helm.

Never won a bean at anywhere near high enough level.

There have been countless rumbles of discontent in the dressing room and amongst the players in recent years.  The departures of Agger and Reina who we're big influences in the dressing room was concerning.

Pains me to see the likes of Aspas, Alberto and Balotelli playing well.

#RodgersOUT
Kopite-Jud

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:25 am

Start off with many of the players and the manager have no idea of the privilege coming with playing for Liverpool

The players have no belief or respect in Rodgers. They have no fear of not performing well.

There was no reason for Sakho not to play yesterday he hasnt had much game time so he didnt need a rest.

Milner and co has no creativity and with out players like Suarez  who can make something out of nothing we will struggle.

There goal shows how poor Lovren is he actually looked baffled what went on leaving Skrtel with two attackers

Through all our dominance we had a maximum of 3 crosses ( apart from corners) and we scored from one

We arent a good side

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:19 am

Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:02 am wrote:So lets go through from start to finish: what went wrong?

From start: FSG should have never appointed an inexperienced coach to do the job of an experienced manager.
To finish: FSG should have never appointed an inexperienced coach to do the job of an experienced manager.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:30 am

As much as I want him gone, It doesnt really make sense for them to fire him so soon after they backed him to the hilt during the summer.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:50 am

BR is just one aspect of a whole host of errors that have hung over our club since G&H were owners.

Crapola club management (Purslow, Parry, etc...), crapola scouts, idiots like Comolli, the sacking of KD, the appointment of Woy, his disasterous tenure, the bringing in of BR without the correct structure to provide him with the back ground support (transfer committee, DoF, scouts, advisors etc..) leaving BR to do everything and allow his inexperience to bring about his downfall.

The clubs at fault, the manager's at fault, its a sad mess and will still need fixing whether BR stays or goes.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Reg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:50 am wrote:BR is just one aspect of a whole host of errors that have hung over our club since G&H were owners.

Crapola club management (Purslow, Parry, etc...), crapola scouts, idiots like Comolli, the sacking of KD, the appointment of Woy, his disasterous tenure, the bringing in of BR without the correct structure to provide him with the back ground support (transfer committee, DoF, scouts, advisors etc..) leaving BR to do everything and allow his inexperience to bring about his downfall.

The clubs at fault, the manager's at fault, its a sad mess and will still need fixing whether BR stays or goes.

You're absolutely right. Brendan took the job. Can't blame him for that. I'd do it too if I was offered it, but neither i, nor Brendan are good enough.
How much has FSG done wrong though? They thought BR was the right man. They've backed him to the hilt so far. Given him loads of money. But they have it in their minds that Brendan will come good. For some reason they believe that Brendan's potential that may or may not come good in a few years time is worth sacrificing 3 or 4 seasons when we should be competing. What can he eventually achieve that would make the sacrifice worthwhile? We've seen quadruples won. Are there trophies we don't know of? Will Brendan win 8 trophies in a season?
I'd prefer we returned to Fort Anfield and aggressively went after trophies. We're all cute and soft waiting for our players and manager to mature whilst our rivals are playing the real game.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby number 8 ynwa » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:00 pm

I think there are lots of things wrong and a lot of them BR cannot affect.

Yes - FSG have given him a lot of money to spend, but they have also put a wage cap on which has meant Brendan (or any other manager we may have had) has not been able to attract some of the top players he wanted.  If (or when) Brendan is sacked, who will want the job?  Klopp?  Carlo?  I dont reckon as they know that the top players want a guaranteed wage, not related to win bonuses

The Liverpool managers job is hard, we are not the best club in the world anymore, we are not even the best club in England anymore!  and as for having the best fans.. lol?? no chance!

I've been a fan for 40 years, it was easy in the 70s and 80s when we were winning everything, there are too many people now "supporting" the club that think we should just be winning stuff every year, get real.. why would top players want to come here now.. we've not been successful in most of their lives.

I have never asked for a manager to go, I've always supported them, even Rafa had his faults (some really bad buys and some really poor tactics in the league) so I am going to stay behind Brendan Rogers and hope that this team starts to click, after all that's my job as a supporter.
number 8 ynwa
LFC Basic Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:22 pm

number 8 ynwa » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:00 pm wrote:I think there are lots of things wrong and a lot of them BR cannot affect.

Yes - FSG have given him a lot of money to spend, but they have also put a wage cap on which has meant Brendan (or any other manager we may have had) has not been able to attract some of the top players he wanted.  If (or when) Brendan is sacked, who will want the job?  Klopp?  Carlo?  I dont reckon as they know that the top players want a guaranteed wage, not related to win bonuses

The Liverpool managers job is hard, we are not the best club in the world anymore, we are not even the best club in England anymore!  and as for having the best fans.. lol?? no chance!

I've been a fan for 40 years, it was easy in the 70s and 80s when we were winning everything, there are too many people now "supporting" the club that think we should just be winning stuff every year, get real.. why would top players want to come here now.. we've not been successful in most of their lives.

I have never asked for a manager to go, I've always supported them, even Rafa had his faults (some really bad buys and some really poor tactics in the league) so I am going to stay behind Brendan Rogers and hope that this team starts to click, after all that's my job as a supporter.

That last part is just your perception though. It's been argued on here before that people might see the term "support" differently. Some see an umbrella that covers anything and everything with a liverbird on it. I suppose they high five people in the street just because they're wearing red. Or they stand behind a man who five years ago had a swan on his chest and only switched because it was a promotion.
Personally I believe it's less superficial than that. Where in from people generally wear red because they like the colour. They buy Guns n Roses tee shirts from Primark because it's three quid and has a gun on it.
I loved Liverpool long before Brendan came along. I can't wait for him to go. He's nothing like a Liverpool manager. He could win the treble and I'd cheer the team, the badge and everything else. I might even say "well done Bodge".
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:56 pm

Reg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:50 am wrote:BR is just one aspect of a whole host of errors that have hung over our club since G&H were owners.

The owners after KD's reign decided they would go in a different route and got rid of comoli and the scouts that were there at the time. They wanted to hire a young manager to work under a DOF but rodgers didn't want that and so came about this committee. Most of the changes that came about the club since 2012 have been influenced by him and he only has himself to blame for his downfall. Sooner or later his inexperience was going to show and he could of having the comfort of working with someone like van gaal but he didn't need it as he is his own mentor.

Since FSG took over the common denominator in all of this is Ian Ayre. He is totally out of his depth as MD and needs to go as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:21 pm

I've never had a good feeling about Ian Ayre to be honest, he was the marketing manager brought in by H&G before getting the MD job.
Get a better man and yes, he can happily go.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:35 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:56 pm wrote:
Reg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:50 am wrote:BR is just one aspect of a whole host of errors that have hung over our club since G&H were owners.

The owners after KD's reign decided they would go in a different route and got rid of comoli and the scouts that were there at the time. They wanted to hire a young manager to work under a DOF but rodgers didn't want that and so came about this committee. Most of the changes that came about the club since 2012 have been influenced by him and he only has himself to blame for his downfall. Sooner or later his inexperience was going to show and he could of having the comfort of working with someone like van gaal but he didn't need it as he is his own mentor.

Since FSG took over the common denominator in all of this is Ian Ayre. He is totally out of his depth as MD and needs to go as well.

I think it was probably for the best that Van Gaal didn't come here as a DoF, he doesn't seem the easiest going fella you'd ever meet and I imagine he could be quite hard work to get on with if you were a manager under him.
I think one of the biggest problems we have had is that behind the scene's everyone seems to be pulling in different directions, this squabble between Brendan and the TC being the obvious example.
Everyone has got to be singing from the same hymn sheet if we are to have any chance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:02 pm

All this FSG, H&G fiasco wouldn't  have happened had we opted for DIC.

Anyhow like many said its gone wrong in many angles and their is not 1 man to blame.
A main criterion would be FSG inability to understand how soccer, i mean football works here.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:41 pm

Im not really interested in woulda shoulda coulda to be honest. I believe his position is untenable and its when rather than if he goes now.
I am really disappointed as I had a lot of faith in him and I honestly thought he had the nerve, the balls and the knowledge to be successful here. If its the committees fault that we bought the players we did for the price we paid, then surely that needs looking at? Also the set up of coaching, including the academy needs more scrutiny.
Ian Ayre doesnt inspire me either as I always feel he has the sound and the look of a con man who seized the opportunity when foreign owners came in.
I have always remained loyal to any manager as long as they were doing things that were beneficial for LFC, when they dont, then I'll call for a replacement. With that in mind, its time for B-Rod to move on and although he seems to have become a weak substitute for the man he used to be, I will always remember his as the manager of the side that played fantastic attacking football and nearly brought the holy grail back home.

:sniffle
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:39 am

If BR gets the push, regardless of failings of Ayres, the coaches and scouts or BR's teeth and suits, the reason he got the chop is because we didn't replace Torres, Suarez and Gerrard.  We let them go one by one and have been on the slide every since, if you don't have that crucial backbone of class players then every match is a lottery.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion