It's incredible really, - The lack of reaction on here.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:29 am

Amazing really when you think about it isn't it? We lose at Home in the fifth round of the FA Cup to Barnsley, and there is barely a wimper on the forum aside from the bleatings of a few wind-up merchants.

Had it been in the third round while we were going all out for the title and had just fielded a team of reserves, it might have been kind of OK. Had the draw still been full of Premiership teams, waiting to ambush us at the next stage it would have been slightly more bearable. But here we were, in one of the two competitions we could possibly win and in the one out of the two in which gave us easily the biggest opportunity, and we lost, at home, to Barnsley.

So why the under-reaction? Well there are a number of reasons. I guess the main one is that most of the arguments have been done to death already. I must say I can hardly be bothered coming on here and debating when you know that regardless of what has happened, irrespective of how low we have stumbled there is a faction on the forum who will stick to their guns on Rafa no matter what. It'll be our lack of funds, the fact we approached Klinnsman in November, the Americans, the players who aren't trying, the injuries, the refs, the strikers and a thousand other things but whatever it is, it won't be the mananger that's for sure. Give him more time, four more years, knee-jerkers, Ooters, disloyal and all that comes pouring out every time. Then there is "so who is the alternative?" argument, blurted out at every turn. Quite why people think that a manager who has presided over a shambolic campaign in the league, an FA Cup exit at Home to Barnsley, an early exit in the Carling Cup and a scrape through the group stages in the Champions League despite being in a p!ss easy group would be a hugely difficult act to follow right now is beyond me but they throw the question out there with gay abandon anyhow. It's a bit like the poster who asked (in all seriousness) a couple of months back, who on Earth would be a better bet than Dirk Kuyt? Once I started I couldn't stop. I think I got to Cameron Jerome at Birmingham and started getting blisters on my fingers.

"Let him finish what he's started". I ask you, in all seriousness where will we be once he's finished what he's started? We went behind to Luton and needed an equaliser to take them to a replay where we won through. We went behind to Havent and waterlooville twice, at Home, before we eventually prevailed. We got dumped out, at home, to Barnsley in the next round.

If (as I think we will) we get knocked out by Inter Milan in this next round of the Champions League, what will it take before the fan club finally, eventually accept that maybe, perhaps, Rafa's methods aren't working? Is there any point in the future, ever, where people will think, "you know what, I think it might be time for a change". I ask, because quite simply the debate is over. We are getting worse and worse, more and more embarassing and it's even get to the point where we can lose at Home to Barnsly in the fifth round of the FA Cup and to be absolutely truthful, none of us are even surprised. Surely that's the clearest indicator of all.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:47 am

Lack of reaction ? Have you seen the barnsley thread ?  :p  I try to put my opinions (which are quite harsh on rafa....i admit) and some member here asks me what kind of a fan am i for not following them live.....  :D  You have to laugh..when they run out of excuses, they start to attack you personally.... :lookaround

Just want to make it brief......

1)make a deal with mourinho now.... Let him know he can take over in the summer.
2)If we go out in the champions league, tell rafa he will be out at the end of the season (this is the most respectable way we can get rid of him). He can then go back to spain and do what he is good at over there.....
3)Bring in mourinho secretly and let me start his work now...(accessing the team and all and motivating the team to finish at least 4th).
4)Mourinho unvieled as LFC manager in the summer
5)Any players who b1tch about rafa not in charge anymore....kick them out....we want players to perform for LFC not rafa....
6)Bang.......we win the premier and champions league for 2008/2009  :buttrock
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:53 am

The_Rock wrote:3)Bring in mourinho secretly and let me start his work now...(accessing the team and all and motivating the team to

:no

Shocking. But I'm not surprised by this comment  either. This sort of thing is absolutely unacceptable at our football club. I'm amazed that you can have a dig at the Yanks back when it all came out that they did this, then suggest it yourself.

6)Bang.......we win the premier and champions league for 2008/2009 

This club is in the middle of a serious crisis right now. Jose Mourinho is not Jesus f*cking Christ. He cannot perform miracles and he certainly will not perform the one you have deluded yourself into thinking so within the space of a year. This club needs shock up, top-to-bottom. Christ, when are people going to wake up?!
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:58 am

It isnt really a surprise, someone mentioned a while back that we'll beat chelsea, barnsley and inter and I quoted then that barnsley could be were we trip up as rotation will play its part, and to an extent I was right, but I dont wholly blame rotation I blame the players for only taking one of the many chances we made, yes there keeper played a blinder but can it really be coincidence that all goalkeepers play like that when they come to anfield, or is it that our finishing is so poor we make them look good?

On the rafa out subject, what makes you think, regardless of what happens, the yanks will kick him out? they have to get the supporters back on there side after everything thats happened but will sacking rafa achieve that? not long ago there were online petitions giving support to rafa and at anfield, the entire crowd singing for rafa and showing there support so, put yourself in the position of the chairmen what would you do?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:11 am

Kharhaz wrote:so, put yourself in the position of the chairmen what would you do?

Sell up sharpish and f*ck off?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:12 am

The_Rock wrote:Lack of reaction ? Have you seen the barnsley thread ?  :p  I try to put my opinions (which are quite harsh on rafa....i admit) and some member here asks me what kind of a fan am i for not following them live.....  :D  You have to laugh..when they run out of excuses, they start to attack you personally.... :lookaround

It's why I don't bother coming on here much anymore, there is still a core who's opinion is honest and valid and put across with maturity but the forum is a victim of it's own success and with a membership this large the idiots soon appear and get a voice too.

Anyway, about Rafa....well I have been a pretty staunch supporter of the guy and am still a big fan of him as a man. I like him...but in terms of his role as our manager I think today was the straw that broke the camels back....if he loses over two legs to Inter Milan then as far as I am concerned his position is untenable. He might aswell see out the year but Mourinho needs to sign a pre-contract and take over come season end in my opinion.
Now.....cue the abuse. :p
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:25 am

Manhattan would like to point out his reaction on the Barnsley thread.

Manhattan thinks that the situation is so bad at LFC, that defeat in the Champions League tie with Inter should mean the end of the Rafa era at the end of this season.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:35 am

Emerald Red wrote:
The_Rock wrote:3)Bring in mourinho secretly and let me start his work now...(accessing the team and all and motivating the team to

:no

Shocking. But I'm not surprised by this comment  either. This sort of thing is absolutely unacceptable at our football club. I'm amazed that you can have a dig at the Yanks back when it all came out that they did this, then suggest it yourself.

6)Bang.......we win the premier and champions league for 2008/2009 

This club is in the middle of a serious crisis right now. Jose Mourinho is not Jesus f*cking Christ. He cannot perform miracles and he certainly will not perform the one you have deluded yourself into thinking so within the space of a year. This club needs shock up, top-to-bottom. Christ, when are people going to wake up?!

I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALY ON THIS POINT

There is no quick fix for LFC now it is total rebuild job we have to rebuild this team from ground up , top to bottom.

No one is safe no one is defo gonna stay might be such a shake up even golden boy gerrard might not stay.

In a way this might have been best thing that happen yesterday cos things will be looked at closely now and change is bound to happen all we can hope for is the 3 stooges get bought outa the club and we can hope it be done right this time.

Cos lets face it this isnt the first time we heard "things have gotta change around here " comments before and its failed.

I fear if it isnt done right this time we might never be the club we love so much .

Well ignor that last bit as long as we stay united as a fan base and as loyal fans we do it come on the reds !!!!!

YNWA  :buttrock
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:37 am

RedorDead wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Lack of reaction ? Have you seen the barnsley thread ?  :p  I try to put my opinions (which are quite harsh on rafa....i admit) and some member here asks me what kind of a fan am i for not following them live.....  :D  You have to laugh..when they run out of excuses, they start to attack you personally.... :lookaround

It's why I don't bother coming on here much anymore, there is still a core who's opinion is honest and valid and put across with maturity but the forum is a victim of it's own success and with a membership this large the idiots soon appear and get a voice too.

Anyway, about Rafa....well I have been a pretty staunch supporter of the guy and am still a big fan of him as a man. I like him...but in terms of his role as our manager I think today was the straw that broke the camels back....if he loses over two legs to Inter Milan then as far as I am concerned his position is untenable. He might aswell see out the year but Mourinho needs to sign a pre-contract and take over come season end in my opinion.
Now.....cue the abuse. :p

no abuse from me good points.

But do you think jose is only man for the job if not who else ?
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:00 am

whats incredible ??
yes im devastated
but if i dont express my sorrow here im not a fan ??
fu.ck off
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:02 am

If we loose to Inter he will be on his way out. Nothing strange with that. I like that man but as a manager you have to be held responsible for the results.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:07 am

Kukilon wrote:If we loose to Inter he will be on his way out. Nothing strange with that. I like that man but as a manager you have to be held responsible for the results.

not when half your club's management is conspiring against you..........
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:08 am

well Mick I have hardly hidden my feelings. 

:D

Now to the people being hypcritical, at one turn you are telling the games moved on and the next breath you are telling us we don't do these things at our club, well let me tell you that I agree we have moved but then trying to suggest we are still a club that does things the right way and behind closed doors is just laughable,

Get him out now
112-1077774096

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:10 am

peewee wrote:well Mick I have hardly hidden my feelings. 

:D

Now to the people being hypcritical, at one turn you are telling the games moved on and the next breath you are telling us we don't do these things at our club, well let me tell you that I agree we have moved but then trying to suggest we are still a club that does things the right way and behind closed doors is just laughable,

Get him out now

why get him out .... if u got the fu.ckin guts ..get the fu.ckin owners out ... who started this mess in the first place ..
and ruined our fu.ckin season !
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:35 am

It was pretty unbelievable that we lost. I couldn't believe that we didn't score more than 1 goal, it should have been 5 or 6.  And the way in which they won was so stunning, it just doesn't seem real. And there was so little build up to the game it seemed, I guess I didn't realize how big of an upset it was.

I don't think that Jose would take the job if we offered it, I could see him at Barca or in Italy, but why would he want to manage under G&H?

I think if you bring Rafa back, it would improve the confidence in the team because it would show that the ownership has confidence in the manager, because he wasn't sacked despite such a dreadful season.  Then it can be another summer of retooling instead of restarting the rebuilding process over again.  I certainly would not take any action until after the season, and until after I have done some post season interviews with Rafa analysing the season as a whole and to see what his plans were to fix the team going forward, who did he plan to sell and buy, did he plan on changing his tactics or strategy in anyway, does he plan on bringing in an assistant.  I think we can all agree that Rafa is not a stupid person, he must know in his heart that he is doing something on his part of the job that has not been up to snuff.  Then depending on how convinving his post season interviews are and the availibility of other top managers, I would make a decision.
JoeTerp

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion