Goalscoring - Or lack off

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:11 pm

It seems after our first two games in the premiership,we are making a host of chances but not putting them away.Take a look at our strike force and are we really that bad up front.In the champions league we have been scoring goals for fun,yes i agree against lower class opposition but neverless we have been scoring home and away.Personally i dont think Rafa has found the right balance yet to play the system he has set in stone and over the next 3 months with 2 more additions i,m pretty sure we will be hammering teams from a score sheet point of view,instead of hammering teams with very little to show for it.Is micheal owen the answer or do we go out and sell cisse and baros and spend 20m plus on a crespo.
Its too early to judge yet....
Give Rafa time,all said and done WE ARE THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:18 pm

.. I was listening to the game on the radio, sounds like we had plenty of chances, but Cisse more than Mmorientes was missing easy chances. It's worrying because you become anxious towards the end. I think we will be ok, once we start sticking them away, lets see what happens when Crouch comes bak and if , if Miky does venture back to the Colloseum.. This could easily have been a 0-0 or 1-1, it wasn't and that is the important thing, we won, and Now for defending our European Crown :)
Last edited by zarababe on Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:23 pm

I Agree.......theres alot of work to be done yet and for the time being i will take 1..0...wins instead of draws and losses anytime.The only concern i have with the forwards to be honest is Nando.....
i hoped i,m proved wrong  but he either isnt fit,or our league is to quick and physical for him
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Luis Garcia » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:29 pm

I blame Cisse. I heard he missed loadsa of chances.

20 goals this season? my ar*e ! He aint no better from Baros from what I've seen of him. He snatches at his chances and he kicks wildy and often over the bar or off target.
Pacey, Yes, but his touch aint perfect.

Although we aint gonna sign owen, I'll give him his due in that he is clinical usually when he gets the ball to feet.

Cisse's starting to irritate a little, and this is not the french league!

We need to start relying on other people other than Steven Gerrard to score goals.
Luis Garcia

Postby KeepTheFaith » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:30 pm

Cisse missed a few chances, but you picked up 3 points...whats wrong with that?
KeepTheFaith

Postby drummerphil » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:32 pm

i have no qualms about Cisse,the injury he had....its a wonder hes playing again.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:36 pm

Luis Garcia wrote:I blame Cisse. I heard he missed loadsa of chances.

Nice to see your criticisms are still based on meticulous research and are as well informed as ever Hus'.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:36 pm

I watched the game on RTE and was dissapointed with Cisse!!I aint moaning though,but he  should have had 3 goals!!Ah well it just was'nt his day i guess!!Not a classic home performance by any means but no need to panic as its early in the season!!Main thing is 3 points in the bag!!
66-1120597113

Postby Luis Garcia » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:40 pm

Nothing wrong with the 3 points, and it has nothing to do with Cisse's injury. if he wasnt physically fit, Rafa wouldnt pick him. hes over that.

Its just we look to struggle to score thats all. only time will tell.

its ok when your playing FC kaunas and TNS to bang in three with all the time and space you get at that level. its playing agains the quicker prem teams, that will show who are best strikers are. prob stevie!
Luis Garcia

Postby Luis Garcia » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:42 pm

bigmick wrote:
Luis Garcia wrote:I blame Cisse. I heard he missed loadsa of chances.

Nice to see your criticisms are still based on meticulous research and are as well informed as ever Hus'.

So thats untrue is it?

I was listening to century FM 105.4 , and Alan Kennedys asessment of the Match. He said cisse missed easy chances.

So ill take his word for it Mick
Luis Garcia

Postby oakton » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:43 pm

I am starting to have real doubts about Cisse, I have yet to see him display any good skills.
oakton

Postby drummerphil » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:46 pm

so its  lets have a go at Cisse weekend is it......makes a change from Nando i suppose.:D
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:56 pm

So thats untrue is it?

I was listening to century FM 105.4 , and Alan Kennedys asessment of the Match. He said cisse missed easy chances.

So ill take his word for it Mick

Did Alan Kennedy mention the fact that Gerrard hit the post and that Morientes had two chances to score?

He may be physically fit but he may not be mentally fit, and by that I mean is he confident of himself and his abilities when it comes to scoring goals after the injury he had? It's going to take time for him to get into his rhythm.

We need to start relying on other people other than Steven Gerrard to score goals

I believe Alonso scored today not Gerrard.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Luis Garcia » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:59 pm

Dont contradict me boy!

Owen still coming is he? watch Rafa's tv interview yesterday??

boo Hoo  :D  :D
Luis Garcia

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:07 pm

Dont contradict me boy!

Owen still coming is he? watch Rafa's tv interview yesterday??

boo Hoo

As far as I know the transfer window is open until August 30th. Once again I point out that no where in any articles has Benitez said "I do not want Owen". We haven't made any bids on him but nobody has stated that we aren't interested in signing him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion