Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:09 pm

5 to one all english teams to qualify.
20/1 all british teams to qualfy... that was quicker than i thought lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:10 pm

Yesterday during the Spurs V Wigan game the cameras went over to Stamford Beach, it was teaming out the heavens and they had the water sprinklers on  :Oo:
And they are saying they arnt using this to their advantage?
That pitch has to be the worst in England at the moment.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:10 pm

The only British team to go through will be US :cool:
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:12 pm

Ciggy wrote:Yesterday during the Spurs V Wigan game the cameras went over to Stamford Beach, it was teaming out the heavens and they had the water sprinklers on  :Oo:

Disgusting isn't it.....

All of that money and they don't even have a decent pitch.... :laugh: There's really no excuse for it.

Stamford bridge is a rubbish ground anyway, I've been there before and I don't like it at all.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:57 pm

Ciggy wrote:Yesterday during the Spurs V Wigan game the cameras went over to Stamford Beach, it was teaming out the heavens and they had the water sprinklers on  :Oo:

It was absolutely outrageous. Seriously, there are council pitches near me in better nick than that. they'd do better playing the rest of the season on Hackney Marshes.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:01 pm

how come the second leg of the chelsea barca game is being played in the bernabeu, st mick? are barca lending real madrid the nou camp for their game then? :p

but seriously i fancy barca to get through this time round. barca haven't been the best in the last couple of games but the return of ronaldinho has given them back the winning spark, they also have eto'o back and will be as potent an attacking force as ever. the defence isn't actually as bad as people are making out to be, though there is a whiff of the keegan style newcastle about them.

lfc v benfica? it'll be us.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:20 pm

My 5 cents

Real Madrid - Arsenal. Fav: Real Madrid, despite de 6-1 against Zaragoza, they've improved a lot with the new unknown coach.

Villareal - Ranges: Fav: Villareal. Despite what Pablinho says, I respect a lot Villareal

Benfica - Liverpool: Fav: Liverpool. We're strong.

Chelsea - Barcelona: Fav: Barcelona. May seem they have a blip, but Rijkaard has been doing lots of rotations to have the players rested...

It seems a little bit country biased my opinion, but it's not. some months ago, I'd put Arsenal as fav against Madrid.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:45 pm

pablinho wrote:I m agreeing you  all except the match  villareal-glasgow

Villareal is having the worst moment on the season,  riquelme is injuried and the players are not being serius. Just one example i saw Forlan  and some of his mates at 5 am in a famous disco last saturday. My surprise was yesterday when i saw on tv they had training at 10 am . My  2 cents goes with  GR

Didn't do him any harm as Villa won 4-0 at the weekend and he scored!  :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby red_guy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:58 pm

Sabre wrote:Chelsea - Barcelona: Fav: Barcelona. May seem they have a blip, but Rijkaard has been doing lots of rotations to have the players rested...

I hope so. Anyway, look at the pitch at s.bridge..how can barcelona play on a pitch like that? Cheatski would do anything to beat barca. Barca would be very lucky if they somehow managed to get a draw.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:03 pm

Although i'd rather Barca went through i think Chelsea will do it. I didn't think they were fortunate against Barca last year either, like alot have suggested.
Chelsea have players that can score goals and are better organised and better defensively than Barcelona.
I hope i am wrong because the arrogance of virtually everyone connected with Chelsea really winds me up, but i really think they will defend and hit Barca on the break like last season.
Real Madrid should have too much for Arsenal imo, Arsenal's midfield at the moment is just not good enough. Also they are not strong enough at the back, the fact the second leg is at highbury gives them a slim chance, but i would be very surprised if they make it through.
The Benfica game for us should be ideal, we are away first and have the personnel to go there and shut up shop with players who can break quickly and sneak an away goal in Gerrard & Kewell. I really cant see past us winning both games. I am not underestimating Benfica...anyone who makes it to this stage can be dangerous, but we are playing with such a confidence in Europe now that i cant see us being beaten.
The Rangers one is a little more difficult to call imo, if they can pick up a decent win in the first leg then they have a chance, but Villareal should be good enough to draw at Ibrox and then finish of the job at home.
Milan and Bayern is an interesting one also, i hope that Bayern can knock them out and think they have a realistic chance.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_red_alonso » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:05 pm

What would be the Barca midfield like?
Ronaldinho,Xavi,Deco,Iniesta,Edmilson(does he play),Messi,Bommel etc..
Man they have a great squad,even better than Chelsea i think.
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:39 pm

You're telling me!!!!!!!!!

Moris seems impressed with the quality of the Shatford Bridge pitch ahead of their showdown with Barcalona:

:no
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:43 pm

BTW - can anyone believe that Arsenal are actually talking about winning the CL!?!

They must be f*cking DRUNK!!!!!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:47 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:

You're telling me!!!!!!!!!

Moris seems impressed with the quality of the Shatford Bridge pitch ahead of their showdown with Barcalona:

:no

i think its great lando, that youve used your pc to airbrush the stands out and create that lovely mountain range in the background   :laugh:  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Red Tom » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:47 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:BTW - can anyone believe that Arsenal are actually talking about winning the CL!?!

They must be f*cking DRUNK!!!!!!!! :D

One of my Arsenal fan friends explained the 'logic' behind their belief that they will win the CL this year, and it is a parallel with us.  Stuggling for 4th place against local rivals, who for the first time in over a decade have turned up this year - Henry being linked with a move away all year, just like Stevie, and the fact that both Henry and Gerrard were first year captains (Henry obviously still is).

Anyway, they see history repeating, and us being them this season.

Delusional, but there you go.
Red Red Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion