If he comes back as a blue ? - Sg back at anfielf as a blue

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fingaz007 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:56 pm

how should we treat him?

How will we treat him

That is the Question !!!!!!!!!
For years now he has been one of the players thats u could of said was liverpool 2 the death!!!!

Now according 2 the papers he WANTS 2 leave us and we all know where 2!!! but when we play them
January 1st Chelsea (H)
How should we the liverpool fans treat him
(I dont know what i think about booing a player or teem is i feel that we sould always try and get behind our boys or whatever but we should b able 2 show our feelings also)

he has given us a number of lovely years as a red and he got us in the CL for nx season BUT If and ONLY if he moves i dont know how i well react when i see him at anfielfd  as a blue ........
Fingaz007

Postby Santa » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:18 pm

Should be treated just like another opposition...with certain amount of respect. If he wants to leave, so be it. It is up to us to move on and in days to come, make him regret leaving. We can't compete financially against the big or rich clubs much more caused by years of big spending without success (esp. Souness and Houllier's era). Now we have a great coach who firmly put team above individuals and if we have 11 fighters on the field who will show intensity in their game, come May 2005, we will definately finished above Chelsea and be challanging for the title sooner rather than later. Have faith fellow fans! :;):
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:21 pm

It will be very strange,if he goes.Dont no how i would react if he plays with the same grit and detrmination as what he does at liverpool,i think i will hate him.
jack66

Postby jack66 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:26 pm

Nothing personal ...If i met him in the street, i wouldnt give him any grief,i would have to get his autograph for my lad as he has said he will always be his favourite player,whoever he plays for.
jack66

Postby kenco » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:52 pm

great players who returned to anfield have always been given a good reception from the crowd,but that was because usually the had been good servents to club.but when you sell your soul for money thats a different matter.:angry: :angry:
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:17 pm

Well if Past experiences of Jan 1st Games played at Anfield are anything tio go by we probably won't raise a whimper which is about 10 decibels less than we normally sound !!!!! ???

Can't speak for anyone else but if he does indeed go to Chelsea and returns to Anfield in a blue shirt I will welcome him back and applaud him. NOT because i believe that he has made the right move but because he gave me loads of pleasure watching him play for the Reds.

Its the Liverpol Way, we always welcome back old players (except Souness) who burned his own bridges with his appallling attitude and chip on the shoulder  mentality ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:24 pm

I think if he leaves I will be very bitter. If I was as talented as him and in his position I would stick to LFC through thick and thin.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:32 pm

But thats the point XSD, your NOT him. Loyalty in football is exclusive to the FANS only these days , the days of a player staying at ONE club throughout his career are over. Matt Le Tissier was probabbly the last player of real class who did that. I'm not necassarily saying that it not a good thing but in these days of agents and multi millionaire chairman, MONEY talks ! :(
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:38 pm

Yeah I realize this, but it's very dissapointing that a lad raised in Liverpool supposedly embodying our club might be leaving at such a pivotal point in Liverpool's history.
His remaining for one more season, trying to work with Benitez, could make a huge difference to the course of Liverpool's history. If he leaves it really gives the message that he doesn't care, he will leave Liverpool even though there is real potential for him to achieve all his aims with us..when has our best player ever done this before?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:48 pm

I totally agree with you mate and maybe it's best to discuss this further IF he leaves rather than believing he is as good as gone. I was of the opinion it was a done deal a week ago but received information that he may have had a change of heart after talks with Benitez, Owen and Carragher so lets wait and see .....and PRAY !!!! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:13 am

I also heard that rumour.

Wouldn't it hilarious if Gerrard joined the growing legions of top players to turn Chelsea down and so leave them forced to offer Everton 36m for Kevin Kilbane?  :D  :laugh:  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:03 am

i find it odd that so shortly after Gerrard signed a new contract and pledged his future to the club, he would pack up and leave.  ???
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:17 am

If Stevie decides to go and pull on the blue shirt of Chelsea there will be no doubt in my mind that on his return he would receive a hostile reception! I believe talking as a scouser also that we would not forgive him because he has had the chance to play for the club that he loves so the thought of him leaving for a club that is not as rich as us in terms of history and trophy's but purely to put more money in his bank is hard to take? But hopefully this is still speculation and Stevie remains at the bigger club! I must admit that if i witness Stevie playing in a Chelsea shirt i would never attempt to shout anything abusive at him whatsoever! But there would be plenty of venom going on in my mind like everyother Liverpool fan!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:08 am

If Sg comes back here as a blue, we will beat the blues he is in.
The reds will overcome the blues.
Am very sure he will win nothing as a blue next season.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:30 am

I remember laughing me ****** off while we beat two faced Keegans krauts 6-0.

If they go because WE sell them that's one thing but if they go because they want to - it's a different matter.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion