La Tallec coming back to England - But back to us?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:55 am

the great one wrote:
ivor_the_injun wrote:Le Tallec urged to take his chance Jan 28 2005

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ today urged Anthony Le Tallec to make the most of his return to Anfield after ending the youngster's loan spell in France.

Le Tallec's time at St Etienne has ended in time for him to rejoin the Liverpool squad for next Tuesday's trip to Charlton.

Benitez says he was willing to bring Le Tallec (right) back to Merseyside before the injury to

Florent Sinama-Pongolle, but the striker's serious knock increased the urgency to recall players.

"Le Tallec wanted to come back and we've been thinking about it for some time," said Benitez, after both clubs confirmed the 20-year-old's comeback.

"We think it's better for him to be here now. With Flo injured, it makes it even more important for him to return, but we were thinking about this even before he was injured.

"Le Tallec wants to work hard for us, whether he's in the first team or reserves. We don't have a lot of strikers fit so he will have a chance."

After successfully altering his tactics against Watford, Benitez says he'll need another rethink next week due to a one-match suspension to Didi Hamann.

"We decided to use the system against Watford because I knew their left full-back was a very offensive player," explained Benitez.

"By using Milan Baros as an attacking winger we widened the pitch and pushed their defender back.

"It worked in that game, but we may have to reconsider what to do in the next match because we won't have Hamann. He is suspended.

"There is a good opportunity for Igor Biscan. He played well against Watford and he knows he's important because we don't have Xabi Alonso.

"His contract is finished at the end of the season and there are clubs interested in him.

"We've made no promises to him about the future, but we're happy he decided to stay with us because we need him.

"After winning, it's better to have some rest. We have time to enjoy the victory. We have an important game at Charlton on Tuesday.

"We have the same points and know a win will have an impact on the future. We need to do the same as we did at Watford."

The seriousness of Florent Sinama-Pongolle's injury was confirmed today when he was ruled out until August.

Sinama will undergo reconstructive surgery to repair his cruciate ligaments.

After more bad news, there is some light at the end of the tunnel for other players.

"Smicer will play for the reserves on Saturday," confirmed Benitez.

"Josemi should be involved too. I'm not sure if they will be in the squad for Tuesday, but they are getting closer.

"When you have so many long-term injuries it makes it a lot harder to be consistent in your form and that's been a problem."

Should of left him to rot there  :angry:  :angry: he requested to go out on loan when Benitzes like Murphy couldn't gurantee him to be in the first 11.Now everythink isn't goin well for him him he wants to come back should of left him in France to rot it exzacly wat he deserves.He could of taken a leaf out of his cousin Sinama pongolle books and waited for his chance but he throught he deserved to start every game .Not a wise descion by  Rafa brining him back should of brough El hadji diouf before him at least his playing well and scoring goals not struggling like he is not impressed at all  :angry:  :angry:

Muppet alert.

Should we also bring Heskey back to the club because he's scoring goals for Birmingham as well.

Players like Heskey and Diouf can score for sides like Bolton and Birmingham but they can't do it for us. You think Diouf would be any better if he came back? Diouf is playing well because he's playing in his natural position, and I doubt that he would be ahead of Baros and Morientes.

ALT was injured for six weeks while he was on loan, when he gained fitness the manager StE didn't give him a chance to prove himself.

Benitez wanted to sign ALT when he was at Valencia.

You ought to get you facts straight.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:57 am

the great one wrote:How long before he demands to be in the first 11 ?

He's still a young player and he will make mistakes. He made a mistake by demanding to be in the starting 11 and was sent off, I doubt he would make the same mistake again.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:58 pm

Might aswell give him a chance anyways here his goal when he played in the under 16 world cup for France at St.james park Le Tallec :)
Last edited by the great one on Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:43 pm

Yep, | have to admit that was a first rate strike.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby y cymro » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:56 pm

SERIOUSLY Le Tallec is a young lad with some promise but not my choice for the immediate need. Nontheless i wish him well and hope the crowd (ie you and me) give him a chance.... On a lighter note..Looking through some past posts on this thread its interesting to reflect that...."le tallec could be a bellamy in yhe making" Might he link up with Heskey and Diou at Birmingham in 12 months time.
By the way did anyone see the reserve game. I note that LFC said,
"On the plus side Le Tallec was back after cutting short a loan spell with St Etienne and showing a good attitude to come back and help the Liverpool squad." Merci monsieur - after failing to be a regular with mid to lower 1st div team St Ettienne! However they also continue...
"Goalkeeper Scott Carson can not be faulted with any of the goals and in fairness to our recent signing he kept the scoreline down to 4-0 and had a brilliant match." So only 4 -0 then with the bonus that Vlad Smicer is back- who needs Alonso then. 
:blues:
y cymro

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion