Is the league title over (no f-ing way) - But just hear me out please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Hotrod » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:09 pm

I know some of you lot are going to slate me for putting this thread in but its been on my mind and I thought I could share my views on this if I :censored: anyone of sorry

If we look at the start to the season so far we can all agree it is kinda below par. As many of us and the players have mentioned a god start is vital for a title challenge. The opening day fixture against Sheffield Utd for me was very dissapointing. We did'nt play like a side who looked to be going for the title. The second half was a great improvment and a draw was proberly a fair result. I understand people sayin Bramle Lane is a difficult place to go and a newly promted side like Sheffield Utd were well up for it as well as the injuries to two of our defenders. But my arguement here is that Chelsea or Man Utd proberly would have got the win there had the same thing happened to them. Thats not so say there is'nt the quality in our squad beacuase we have the scond best squad in the leauge in all honesty. But we should have grafted out a result. The West Ham game was a great improvment and we scored two worldies but if you were being really critical then you could say Bowyer should have scored near the end. Again I would have realy liked to see us kill the game off at 2-1 West Ham are a class team I agree but when we were ahead we could'nt realy finish it off despite the Brilliant efforts of Kuyt. But what concerend me regarding this game was the amount of chances we gave away but we got the win and we al hoped we would kick off from there. But the loss to Everton was a real kick in the teeth they played well and we shoud have had 2 maybe 3 pens in that game but if you but Chelsea against that Everton side not many would bet on the bitters I certinaly would'nt. We made a couple of indivial errors which cannot be caluculated tactically but I failed to see any sort of co-hesion between Alonso, Sissoko and Gerrard that was so evident the previous season with Stevie Bangin in the goals. I am also aware Alonso has'nt started the season as well as we would have liked, for me the thing to do would maybe be to give Gerrard and Momo a couple of games togther or just find 2 and stick to that as that would help all 3 players. The PSV game was very good and I completly understand the reason for resting Gerrard but on the same merit Sissoko should be rested occansionaly too I know his stamina is amazing but he looked tired to me in the last 2 games and was'nt his usual Brill best. I think Alonso should have started against a fairly weak PSV team and a good preformance may have helped him get back on track. I know this aint the league but I wanted to add it in anyway lol, however the defense was amazing that night. The Chelsea game was maybe our bestpreformance so far and with a bit of luck we may have put away some of the chances Gerrard was maybe unlucky though I would have expected alot of player to finish his 1-1 chance but hey.

After all this baballing the question presents itself are we too far off the leaders to challenge I still dont think so I think the league is still atainable but we have to start winning soon and after the Newcastle game on Wednesday we can no longer sya the season starts here beacuse a win is vital not only for confidance but to show the rest of the Prem we really mean Bussiness also I would like us to win the league just to shove it in that stupid Andy Gray's face what a TW@t he needs a kick in his fat Bluenose. A little easin up on the rotation may also stregthen out title challenge.

YNWA Come on You red men make us proud like we know you can

Hotrod
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:33 pm

Exactly.

Nothing is over yet.

We had a tricky opening match against Sheffield United away. A new promoted team trying to prove themselves, so naturally they would be up for it.

We beat West Ham and got a decent away draw in Eindhoven.

Then a match against a hyped up Everscum. Hey it's their cup final so they play harder in that match than any other, although Andy Johnson is a good player. We should have bought him. But we also had about a million chances. On any other day, we could have mullered them.

Then a very close match against Chavsea away. It took one moment of brilliance to beat us. We had a few good chances and really had the opportunity to beat them. Sometimes lady luck is on your side, sometimes, she leaves you, has an affair with a midget and gets pregnant.

Onwards and upwards. We need to start picking it up right now, but it's ludicrous for the media in particular to start talking about anything being "over" after only four games.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby naza » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:56 pm

hi
im new here but i couldnt agree more! we need a bit of look and we can be back up year to end 16 years of hurt
naza

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:35 pm

Granted, the title is vital to us, but the sixteen years without the title haven't been so bad.

1992- FA Cup.
1995- League Cup
2001- UEFA Cup, Super Cup, Community Shield, League Cup, FA Cup
2003- League Cup
2005- Champions League
2006- Super Cup, FA Cup, Community Shield.

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:40 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Granted, the title is vital to us, but the sixteen years without the title haven't been so bad.

1992- FA Cup.
1995- League Cup
2001- UEFA Cup, Super Cup, Community Shield, League Cup, FA Cup
2003- League Cup
2005- Champions League
2006- Super Cup, FA Cup, Community Shield.

:laugh:

Hell yeah,

Still the greatest and thats why we love em so, we have waited this long for the holy grail, it will come give Rafa and the team support they deserve.

:hearts
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby eds » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:27 am

NO, the title challenge is definately not over. Despite the results all the true fans can slowly start to see what sort of a team Rafa is putting together.

I am still in shock that we did not get anything from the Neverton and Cheatski games. We had the opportunities, we played the better football and got zilch. But hey thats football!

I personally can't wait for the Newcastle game because I know the boys will run out and murder the barcodes.

One more thing.................

RAFA bring back Gonzalez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :p
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby naza » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:40 pm

Against newcastle we should win along as we drop Zenden! he is the worst thing since kromkamp:p
naza

Postby onizukaeikichi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:46 pm

i agree, we are gonna kick newscastle's :censored: and spurs next
onizukaeikichi

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:52 pm

I fully agree that the titla challenge isn't over yet, but it's plaine to see that if the current form (results) does continue the challenge will be over sooner rather than later. There are quite alot of regular posters on here being a bit defeatist and pessamistic about our chances and it does disappoint to see people being like that so early in the season but they shouldn't be condemned. After the last couple of results it is disappointing to suffer this blip but we have to be positive. Chel$ki aren't looking like they're gonna blow the league away this year, the scum have had a fairly easy start and when they come up against the first team of real note - arsholenal - they've lost and as for the arse well they look well short of pushing the front two spots so far this season. I'd say that if we pick up 6 points in the next 2 games things may start to look a bit rosier.

COME ON YOU RED MEN!!!  :buttrock
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby naza » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:56 pm

does anybody agree though that bolo zenden or what ever he calls him self has lost it! he is not a centre mid and if we want to see the best out of steven gerrard he needs to be in the centre! however i trust rafa and hope he can take us all the way!
naza

Postby Hotrod » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:06 pm

Totally agree Rushie we have made life difficult 4 our self with the stuttering start but the winner medals are handed out in May not September
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby Mannyk » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:27 am

Realsitically from the first four games we are not going to win the title. Can see us finishing third or fourth.Hopefully picking up a cup on the way.

Hope I am wrong. ???
Mannyk

Postby Blue_Heart » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:12 am

of course it's over, portsmouth have it :laugh: :D
Last edited by Blue_Heart on Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue_Heart

Postby eds » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:37 am

naza wrote:does anybody agree though that bolo zenden or what ever he calls him self has lost it! he is not a centre mid and if we want to see the best out of steven gerrard he needs to be in the centre! however i trust rafa and hope he can take us all the way!

Zenden never impressed me as a player, sure he came as a free transfer, but in my eyes his wages could have been spent on a better player.

I remember Bolo (in his younger dayz) playing as a sub for Barcelona a few years back, he scored a cracker of a goal in one of the games I saw. He looked very impressive with his clever runs and shooting, but I can honestly say he just doesn't cut the mustard in the premiership, never has and never will.

For the life of me I can't explain why Rafa chooses him over Gonzalez. Sure Gonzalez will need time to adjust, but I can honestly see him getting better and becoming an awesome player whereas Zenden has spent half of his career in the premiership and still looks average at best.   :Oo:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:35 pm

I have read in Marca yesterday that Benitez has said that saying that LFC is out of the title race is nosense, and that this is a long race.

He reminded How in the first Rijkaard league title, Barcelona was as much as 14 points below the first place and they eventually won (I didn't recall such a difference to be honest, I'll have to check it out)

Have you read similar quotes from Rafa up there? I just don't know when Marca is reliable.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion