Is the league title over (no f-ing way) - But just hear me out please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:38 pm

the thing is sabre, you have to realise that the majority of the british media over here do nothing but slag us off the majority of the time anyway. at the same time, they're so far up tha ar$es of manure, arsenal and chelsea it's unreal.

last weekend i had to hear sky sports proclaiming that arsenal were "back in the race" and we were "out of the race" after the results that day. arsenal are precisely one point ahead of us in the league.

you couldn't make it up.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby naza » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:11 pm

if we fail to improve and drop out of the race later in the season that portsmouth win the league! Harry Redknapp is a magician and deserves all the success he gets! As long as the title stays away from cheatski who bought the title and man u im happy (of course everton but that goes without saying) id also like to say i have finaly had enough of andy grey! i cant believe he sed steve finnan is not good enough!
naza

Postby RAGE UK » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:52 pm

I agree 100%.

It’s not over for us at all like it has been said it makes it a bit harder for.
After today against the toons only puts us 5 points behind shitski and shreks ugly united.
and yes Andy Gray is so far up the backsides of chelski the man is 100% a tw@t for a pundit that knows so much about football its about time looked at why our players have to put up with the Chelsea cheats and football bully’s that could well end a good players football career by stamping on um ect.
He sits there week after week with his computer and spouts out we should have done this and that how the hell in gods name would he know what we should have done or any team should do.
I hate it if I can’t get to a match and have to listen to his voice.
But there are a lot of football supporters out there that don’t go to see games and believe every word that come out of his mouth.. They should sack the tw@t and give rednap his job.
infact ill take my computer to sky sports and sit there and chat :censored:.

IT’S NOT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:24 am

If we can go on a decent run from now on our tough fixtures at the start of the season are quite the opposit at the end of it. 21 points up for grabs here, and I expect us to take them all :D

Liverpool’s run-in to the winning line.
Reading(H),  Boro(A), Man. City(H), Wigan(A), Portsmouth(H), Fulham(A), Charlton(H).
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mannyk » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:41 am

Thats actually a good point Ciggy and is achievable. Although no game these days is a gimme.
Mannyk

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:24 am

I agree, we have had a bad patch latley but i get the impression that we will put a run together now after last night and our performances against Chelski and PSV. I can see us beating spurs and if we do put a run together we should be in good shape going into the game against Manure next month. If we sneak a win at their place then it really is game on. I know Manure have had a good start but i honestly believe they will really struggle at some point this season. Their defence is not all that, and against a team that poses any attacking threat they are likley to concede. Also Chelski don't look as strong as they did last season and i can see them also dropping alot more points this season. I think Arsenal are in a similar position to us. A few games in and everyone thinks we're out but just one win against Manure shows everyone that it is not just a 2 horse race.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Raiden Warr » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:22 pm

I was very happy with the win over Newcastle yesterday (In fact I screamed so loudly when Xabi the magnificent scored that the security guards came running to the house to check Iwas alright). Since I am now working and living in Nigeria where I am unfortuanately surrounded by Cheatskies and Manure United supporters. We now have an LFC corner and LFC colours flying in the local Sports cafe (I convinced them to remove Manu flag and place it just above the toilets a very apt place you will agree) :laugh:
Anything can happen and we have only lost two games. I have been very impressed with Craig Bellamy's contribution who I thought has brought some passion and fire to the frontline. Now if we can only get Crouchie to lose his laidback attitude and run down the middle and attack the box and ball the goals should come flying in. I agree that Bolo has not exactly been on his game but he has not played for awhile. I do hope we will see better from him as the league progresses. I remember him playing for Barcelona as a winger and by the time he played in the Premier league he was a the tail end of his career. I think he may have been bought for experience (like Litmanen) but I do not think he has the latters skill and versatility.
Raiden Warr

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:42 pm

Raiden Warr wrote:I was very happy with the win over Newcastle yesterday (In fact I screamed so loudly when Xabi the magnificent scored that the security guards came running to the house to check Iwas alright). Since I am now working and living in Nigeria where I am unfortuanately surrounded by Cheatskies and Manure United supporters. We now have an LFC corner and LFC colours flying in the local Sports cafe (I convinced them to remove Manu flag and place it just above the toilets a very apt place you will agree) :laugh:
Anything can happen and we have only lost two games. I have been very impressed with Craig Bellamy's contribution who I thought has brought some passion and fire to the frontline. Now if we can only get Crouchie to lose his laidback attitude and run down the middle and attack the box and ball the goals should come flying in. I agree that Bolo has not exactly been on his game but he has not played for awhile. I do hope we will see better from him as the league progresses. I remember him playing for Barcelona as a winger and by the time he played in the Premier league he was a the tail end of his career. I think he may have been bought for experience (like Litmanen) but I do not think he has the latters skill and versatility.

Okay but what do you think of Kuyt in a red shirt?  I recall that you did not rate him at all after the World Cup.  Any change of opinion on that one?  ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Raiden Warr » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:21 pm

Nope! but I am going to reserve judgement. At the end of the day Henri did'nt exactly set the season on fire in his first year at Anfield but as my sis pointed out whenever I slate a player they usually go on to do well. Samuel Eto'o being a case in point.  :blush:
Raiden Warr

Postby radun5 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:27 pm

Manure are down 1-0 at Reading, so they only have two points ahead of us ... Chelski have 5... there are 32 games to play ... I say the league challenge is not over yet.

If there was only one game left I would say it is over.   :grinning:
radun5

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion