In rafa we trust?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:35 pm

Yes in Rafa we trust but why is that there are people complaining and questioning Benitez when a player like Diao starts in a game?

Why was Diao started?

Before anyone moans and complains about Rafa's decision, look at the situation we are in. Alonso is injured, Biscan is injured,which leaves with the following central midfielders: Gerrard,Hamann,Diao[unfortunately]. Hamann is not a youngster anymore and after a performance against Chelsea how can anybody expect him to play at his best today? Why risk him by letting him start against a poor side?

Obiviously here Benitez had to go with Diao, if he had a better player than Diao that was fit and ready to go I'm pretty sure he would had picked him instead. Is it so hard to see the logic of why someone plays and doesn't? This was the case when we played Everton. All moaned and complained because Alonso didn't start and Diao did  but why when Benitez clearly said that the reason he choose Diao was because he wanted to use players who weren't tired and players who were fit.

It's a nightmare seeing Diao play but what other choice does Rafa have?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mistyred » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:38 pm

Rafa simply chooses these players cos thier is Nobody else to use,Everybody will serve thier purpose untill new players are added.
Last edited by mistyred on Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:45 pm

Exactly but it seems that some ignore that and choose to complain instead.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:49 pm

"If we keep playing Diao we will not finish in the top four"

This is another pathetic comment that I've heard quite often. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that our key players are often rested against poor sides like Hamann for example today. Carragher has played every single minute of every game so far this season, sooner or later he's going to have to rest so when Carragher is benched I'm only hoping that it's understood why he did not play.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ronmeister » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:57 pm

In rafa we trust but i would rather of seen some of the youth out there today instead of Diao,While i agrre whole heartedly with what your saying about resting players against lower lvl sides ie: norwich i still think a youth player wouldve been better maybe Partridge and shuffle the rest about even bring Raven in and put Carra in midfield.
In rafa we trust but that dont mean we cant question
ronmeister

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:58 pm

Nobody says you can't question but it would save a lot of time if stupid things weren't questioned.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby liamac » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:21 pm

I thought Biscan was fit , didnt realise  :down: . saying that tho i still think he could of used Walsh , but im no manager, and yes in Raffa i most definetly trust :)
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:25 pm

It seems that Biscan may be sold along with Henchoz in order to raise bids for either Anelka or Morientes.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:36 pm

I have to agree that Welsh has to be given a chance as he isn't a 'kid' now and is mature enough to be a 'senior' player :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:07 am

Rafa is technical manager. He knows what he's doing. In this situation, he has the chance to test the best position for Diao (if there is). Unfortunately, Diao has not been showing it. But, I do feel he's quite a strong player, very hard on his challange.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:09 pm

RedRider this post say's what most people feel, In RAFA WE TRUST :)
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:32 pm

Once again there are idiots bitching and whinning. "OMG WE SIGNED PELLEGRINO WE ARE DOOMED"

What kind of ****** attitude is that? Pellegrino is a class defender, loads of experiance and he was signed for FREE. I hate to state obivious things but some people are so ****** blinded by their stupidity that they can't seem to grasp the concept of having experienced players on the bench.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby liamac » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:31 pm

Agree totally with you  A.B.  Pelligrino is pure class as a defender, Raffa knows him , and in Raffa we trust .:blues:
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:07 pm

Yes......in rafa we trust...

http://www.wldcup.com/news/2005Jan/20050107_28089_world_soccer.html

Hyypia gets Liverpool vote of confidence

Liverpool's Sami Hyypia celebrates scoring a goal. Rafael Benitez has moved to reassure Hyypia that he remains part of his plans, despite the arrival of Argentinian centre-back Mauricio Pellegrino at Anfield.
Rafael Benitez has moved to reassure Sami Hyypia that he remains part of his plans, despite the arrival of Argentinian centre-back Mauricio Pellegrino at Anfield.

Reds boss Benitez was expected to rest the Finland centre-half for Friday's FA Cup tie at Burnley but insisted nothing sinister should be read into that.

"Sami has been playing very well for us, along with Jamie Carragher," the Spaniard said.

"He is good in the air, and that is important to us because in England it is crucial to have that ability in your defence. But we also know that to win games you need to score more goals than your opponents.

"That means you need a strong defence - because they give you a good base - and Sami helps give us that. If we have a team working hard in defence we can give Steven Gerrard the freedom to attack."

Benitez also dismissed suggestions that Hyypia's relative lack of pace made him a liability at the highest level.

"You can address the problem of pace if you are in the right position," he argued.

"Sami is working very hard in terms of tactical work to be in the right place all the time. Sometimes players are not very quick - but if they are in the right place they can stop goals."

Benitez pointed out that similar criticism had been levelled at Pellegrino, who has linked up with his former boss after a free transfer from Valencia.

"People say he is not quick, which is true. But he is always in the right position, and his tactical work makes him one of the best.

"(His arrival) gives me the chance to rest Hyypia or Carragher. They have played in every league game, and you cannot use players so often.

"Pellegrino can play different roles. But even when he is not in the team he will be working and encouraging the others and trying to pass on his experience to younger players."
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:59 pm

AB don't get stressed over it mate, their are just some fans that talk sh1t and don't understand the 'bigger picture' and just want rafa to sign £15m defenders but don't understand he is working with a budget, 'long sausage' was a great deal as we need a team with experience and use to the pressure of winning, look what Gary Mc did for us and the young players :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion