In rafa we trust?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:25 pm

Before i start i want you all to know that i am Liverpool mad, i have supported them for over 17 years.

Firstly i would like to say that im very dissapointed at todays result as most of you are,

But in all honesty i have lost confidence in Rafa, ok let me have an opinion and i dont care if you lot slate me, but all this tinkering shít has to stop Rafa just pick a strong starting 11 and keep to it, Liverpool at this time cannot compete with the likes of manchester, chelsea and arsenal, for the last few seasons while rafa has been boss i have not been confident of liverpool beating these teams, and if we did Liverpool had played out of there skins, to day for example did arsenal play out of there skins to beat no they didnt. i have no idea what is wrong with the individual players but somthing has to be done, if this keeps up as in the way we are playing im afraid we are gong to lose the best players we have ie gerrard alonso sisoko.

like i said you lot can slate me all you want but at this moment in time i have no confidence in the team to qualify for the CL next season, somnthing has to to give.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:27 pm

all I know is our record v the big boys is shocking
puroresu

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:31 pm

Mate, I won't slate you or curse you or anything, but I want you to rethink again, remember what Rafa brought us... just remember again.

Remember Manc too when Sir Alex joined the club, how many years did take him to get his first premier league title? think about that.

It isnt the end of the world, we are in huge trouble yes, but we can fix it and we need to fix it right now and not later. Its not only the manager, but the players are letting us down! All these Liverpool players played today are quality players! they should have gotten a good result against a young arsenal side.

We may end up finishing 5th, who knows, but remember at Valencia Rafa finished 5th with them in the 2nd year, but next season he won the League... He may surprise you
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:32 pm

it is shocking, but with the players we have we should atleast give the likes a game of it. i find it really depressing
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:33 pm

Maybe a bit knee-jerk.
My mates (all season ticket holders) are starting to fear that he may not
have what it takes.

One thing is for sure - he deserves time
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:35 pm

metalhead wrote:Mate, I won't slate you or curse you or anything, but I want you to rethink again, remember what Rafa brought us... just remember again.

Remember Manc too when Sir Alex joined the club, how many years did take him to get his first premier league title? think about that.

It isnt the end of the world, we are in huge trouble yes, but we can fix it and we need to fix it right now and not later. Its not only the manager, but the players are letting us down! All these Liverpool players played today are quality players! they should have gotten a good result against a young arsenal side.

We may end up finishing 5th, who knows, but remember at Valencia Rafa finished 5th with them in the 2nd year, but next season he won the League... He may surprise you

i appreciate your comment, but when rafa took over yes we won the CL, but like most teams when they have a new manager the players put that much effort into their game to impress, since the first season what have liverpool done regarding the league?
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:40 pm

I hope this thread fills up with people declaring their lack of faith in Rafa, I will then proceed to bump it towards the end of the season.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:45 pm

you can bump all you want mate, its my opinion, dont get me wrong i want Rafa and Liverpool to sucseed, but at this moment in time the future its not so red.
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:47 pm

The fans that thought we would seriously challenge for title were deluding themselves, last season we were virtually injury free after November. It was always going to be a sloppy start to the season with all the new signings for the first team squad but obviously it has been worse than expected.

I was hopeful we could finish in the top 2 thus giving us automatic qualification for next season’s champions league and a bigger transfer budget from the beginning, but that is looking out of reach now.

I have no doubt that we will finish in the top 4, people may say that this isn’t good enough for LFC, but the reality is that their 3 other very strong sides in the Premiership that are improving every year. When Rafa came in there was a big job to do, and what he achieved last year has given some people false hope.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:48 pm

Red@heart, Liverpool did get 3rd in the second season and a staggering 82 points! thats amazing for a 3rd place team, plus we won the F.A cup.

Rafa has signed till 2010, he is capable of winning us the league, the Liverpool players need to show more passion away from home.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:54 pm

so what if liverpool got 3rd a few seasons ago and a staggering 82 points, shouldnt they try to atleast match that target and do better,? i have every right with  liverpool doing better than last season we have the players and manager to do so, but why arent we doing this? the rotaion sucks, the players attitude sucks,
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:57 pm

Red wrote:so what if liverpool got 3rd last season and a staggering 82 points, shouldnt they try to atleast match that target and do better,? i have every right with  liverpool doing better than last season we have the players and manager to do so, but why arent we doing this? the rotaion sucks, the players attitude sucks,

You expect too much!

We should do better yes, but time will tell we still have until may and as CHL said we finished really 5 tough away fixtures maybe we can do better.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:01 pm

metalhead wrote:
Red wrote:so what if liverpool got 3rd last season and a staggering 82 points, shouldnt they try to atleast match that target and do better,? i have every right with  liverpool doing better than last season we have the players and manager to do so, but why arent we doing this? the rotaion sucks, the players attitude sucks,

You expect too much!

We should do better yes, but time will tell we still have until may and as CHL said we finished really 5 tough away fixtures maybe we can do better.

how many games have we lost?
how many games has chelsea lost or even manchester? we are better than this, we all know this, we will be lucky to finish 5th
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby deaks » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:04 pm

Consistency is the word, which we will not have if Rafa keeps switching and changing.  He should pick his strongest 11 no matter what and stick with them.  Players need to play games to build confidence etc etc.  They can't do that if they don't play, week in week out.  Lets see how it goes over the next few games, but to be honest, i would stick the best 11 and get Gerrard off the wing, get him where his most potent, which is center.  We can do much better than this, cause we have the players.  But sadly it seems at times that they don't wanna know.  We'll see over the next few weeks, how they react.........???
deaks

Postby floppo » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:25 pm

Rafa needs to be given some time yet, there are a lot of new players in the squad this year and they need time to bed in. Let's face it, we won't win the league this year.

The most disappointing thing for me this season so far, is the form of the established players. Carra and Gerrard are not performing anywhere near their best, Alonso played ok today but he's been one of our worst players this season so far yet was great last term.

Rafa has brought success to the club and will continue to do so, but the league title may take a season or two yet.
floppo

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion