In rafa we trust?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby deaks » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:36 pm

Rafa needs to be given some time yet, there are a lot of new players in the squad this year and they need time to bed in. Let's face it, we won't win the league this year.

The most disappointing thing for me this season so far, is the form of the established players. Carra and Gerrard are not performing anywhere near their best, Alonso played ok today but he's been one of our worst players this season so far yet was great last term.

Rafa has brought success to the club and will continue to do so, but the league title may take a season or two yet.

Yea established players haven't stepped up, but also Pennant, Bellamy haven't played like they can do.  Also very very disappointed in Gonzales, every game I have watched him in, hasn't impressed me at all, done nothing, really poor.  How long before Harry comes back:(
deaks

Postby Hebz » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:56 pm

Yet again we depend on new arrivals. We're a great team, and we'll show everyone how great we are. The new guys just need time, usually half a season goes by before they show their true potential. I've never been a fan of Bellamy, but he has talent and when that talent shows, it'll do us wonders. We just need to be patiant, we're not used to losing this much but teams have bad seasons.

Just because we're not right at the top, doesnt mean we can just lose faith in our team. We've seen rougher times than these, and just because our manager hasnt won us the title yet, doesnt mean he isnt going to!

Time, and patiance is all we need and we'll be fine.

The players atm aren't as confident as they used to be, but IMO thats because there are new players, which mean they need to get used to each new players individual style.

In time, we'll prove the critics wrong and the big boys. And we'll show everyone that Rafa is our man, we just need to believe we can do and stick by the lads.
Hebz

Postby puroresu » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:59 pm

I dont see why Pennant and Bellamy need time.  They are not knew to this league and I dont see why neither has impressed so far. Belamy I dont think is good enough but I aint convinced with Kuyt with crouch due to the lack of pace.
puroresu

Postby Hebz » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:02 pm

They havent played with players like Gerrard and the squad before. Thats why they need time, everyone slates new players just because their not banging them into the back of the net. Well excuse me, how long was it before people actually were showing some respect for Crouch? It wasn't straight away because people were saying he should have been sold in the Jan transfer window.

Every new player to a new team deserves that little bit of time
Hebz

Postby jkop » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:13 pm

I really dont know what to say about the situation, i trust Rafa and the players but where are we going wrong away from home ?
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:18 pm

Rafa just needs to stop trying to figure out why Gerrard worked so well on the right last season, and not this one.
tel

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:22 pm

boys,rafa is building and it will take a few years to get the perfect team as it did with man utd
rafa is a tactical genious but he is still human like ourselves.
He can be beat,give him another 2 years be4 he can have a squad that is capable of winning the league as now we dont
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:57 pm

I am a Raffa fan, yes he will get there, yes it is a tough period for us. 

I thought we actually looked quite good today in possesion, but when i saw how we lined up to start the game i was baffled as to how on fecking earth Zenden was put in the middle of the park instead of Stevie G.

Wenger must have been rubing his hands together, no one biting the ankles of his techically gifted midfield. For the first time today i was pi ssed off with Raffa but hay ho onwards and upwards.

In Raffa I Trust :bowdown
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby deaks » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:00 pm

hmmmmm, i wonder
deaks

Postby Hebz » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:55 pm

no need to wonder - believe
Hebz

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:00 am

DO some people on here not realise the enormity of the task facing Rafa?

Could any boss in the World win the Premiership at LFC, other than our own Benitez? Could they f*ck.

Any placing Rafa gets us is better than any other manager could achieve.

You'd do well to remember that.  :no
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:14 am

Do we trust the man who gave a well needed heart-beat by winning the European Cup? I don't know, if we can't trust him who do we trust?

Alan Curbishley?
Martin O'Neil?
:laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:24 am

No mate - Sven Goran Eriksson! :D

He was good on tactics, wasn't he!?! :D

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:No mate - Sven Goran Eriksson! :D

He was good on tactics, wasn't he!?! :D

How about Graeme Souness? Did you know that he was talking about where Rafa should play Gerrard today on Sky?  :D  :laugh:

Souness, out of all people giving advice to Benitez.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:29 am

:wwww

I'll post when I stop laughing! :D

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext