Important message to all users of this site - Read this post

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:34 am

We have always tried to promote freedom of speech from all members and that does extend to supports of other clubs we want this message to be as tolerant as possible. What is the point of inviting open discussion and then deleting posts or topics if we don't agree with comments made.

That said, this message board is moderated and if members continually post abusive, stupid, irrelevant, annoying items then we are happy to warn that member, delete their posts or entire topics if necessary. This is in addition to posts that contain death threats, racism etc.

If a member is warned and does not take note we will ban them. Whilst we want lively discussion we are not prepared to allow a few idiots to disrupt this forum.

This message board is very busy with visits and posts made it is very difficult for us to read every post so we need you to tell us if there is a problem.

If you are not happy with posts made you will see a link 'Report this post to a moderator' click this link and submit we will act on your report. If you use this facility please do make sure that you make comments as to what the issue is as this will help us a lot when we are reviewing the item.

If you have other general comments that do not specifically relate to a particular topic or post, please contact either supersub or myself using the private message facility. In this boards main/index screen you will see 'Forum Led by: LFC, supersub' just click on either link, then click on 'Click here to send a Private Message'.

We are here to make things run smoothly for everyone please do communicate with us.
Webmaster

Please submit your comments and suggestions for enhancing this site to webmaster@liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk
LFC
LFC Admin

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:22 pm

Thank God for LFC's intervention!

The forum was destroyed last Friday by all those Leeds' idiots who used it like a chat room to pull the p#ss.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:12 pm

I recommend you don't argue with them, just dig down to a topic you want to post in and bring all the good threads back to the top (like I did the other morning)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:15 pm

Well said. But there has been an increasing level of abuse between LFC fans over the past month or so which has been disappointing.

One of the features of this board is that it is more reasoned and frankly better to read than all other footy boards which I have looked at.

Let's keep it that way. And if we happen to disagree, well, that's fine. It would be dull if we all thought the same way.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:30 pm

Yeah, I agree.

I am severely annoyed by whats going on but the rascist and viscious abuse against Houllier is not on.

Most of the regular members of this forum are very discerning in their analysis and criticism of GH and its only those people who join up for a few days before getting bored who deal the abuse.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:40 pm

Please report any posts which contain any racist and vicious abuse and we will edit or remove them.
Webmaster

Please submit your comments and suggestions for enhancing this site to webmaster@liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk
LFC
LFC Admin

Postby ICE-MAN » Tue May 11, 2004 4:20 pm

here here, some of the stuff said about houllier and certain players was bang out of order if u disagree with something fine, but no need to go slating the man with torrid abuse! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Dalglish » Tue May 11, 2004 4:59 pm

I posted the following the other day in an effort to get members who have PERSONAL issues between themselves to resolve thier differences.

Hi Guys, I have a suggestion which might save this forum from becoming a personal slanging match between fans.
Recently i've noticed an increasingly amount of posts descending into personal spats between 2 or 3 members......

This detracts from the subject of the POSTS and well to be honest is a bit boring.....Now before you tell me well don't read them then I often click on what looks like an interesting thought provoking post only to have to scroll through page after page of personal and often very aggressive messages going back and forth.

Anyway here's my suggestion , when you join this forum you get amnongst other things a persoanl messenger which enables you to send PRIVATE messages to anyone else in here. Why not send the person your having a spat with a PM instead of subjecting the rest of us to your personal tirade

Some of the older members have left beasue if the increasing amount of these types of posts and the forum has become poorer for their leaving.

As in all things this is just my OPINION but would appreciate others giving it some thought before posting abusive and offensive posts .

Walk on .........."
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby African-red » Tue May 11, 2004 5:11 pm

May be then we should also ban som of this graphic used? Some are really insultive to others.
African-red

Postby Steph Gleave » Tue May 11, 2004 5:19 pm

Well said dalglish at the end off the day(it goes dark)no but serious where all red's and should just stop slagging each other off fair enough if you don't like what someone has said just ignore it and move on to the next topic.
Steph Gleave

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 11, 2004 5:37 pm

Is it ok if I smoke and drink whilst using this forum ?
I know things occaisionally get heated but I think this is PC gone mad. :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby long sleeved joe » Tue May 11, 2004 5:39 pm

what i liked about this forum is that because it is not 'official' people can give honest views and it is refreshing to hear opinions that are not LFC propoganda like you read in match programmes, and on the official website.  I'm sure once the team gives us something to be pleased about things will improve
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue May 11, 2004 5:47 pm

Steph Gleave wrote:Well said dalglish at the end off the day(it goes dark)no but serious where all red's and should just stop slagging each other off fair enough if you don't like what someone has said just ignore it and move on to the next topic.

If only it was that easy.

This is Liverpool Football Club we are talking about here, and I'm sure most of us would sell our grannies in exchange for three points. What I mean is we are all so unbeleivably passionate about it, we are sometimes drawn into swareing, cursing, slagging off etc. We would all defend the club to the hilt, so when someone says something about a player or the like its personal. If it isnt personal, your on the wrong forum.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 11, 2004 6:56 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Steph Gleave wrote:Well said dalglish at the end off the day(it goes dark)no but serious where all red's and should just stop slagging each other off fair enough if you don't like what someone has said just ignore it and move on to the next topic.

If only it was that easy.

This is Liverpool Football Club we are talking about here, and I'm sure most of us would sell our grannies in exchange for three points. What I mean is we are all so unbeleivably passionate about it, we are sometimes drawn into swareing, cursing, slagging off etc. We would all defend the club to the hilt, so when someone says something about a player or the like its personal. If it isnt personal, your on the wrong forum.

Spot on, But can I just add that I love the passion shown on this forum. OK sometimes it goes a bit far but it's only a cyber fight . No big deal.  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Tue May 11, 2004 8:30 pm

Hi guys , thanks for the feedback. Its interesting that some people rate passion on how abusive and insulting a person can get, I don't.

My post wasn't about passion but about the level of personal abuse towards players, manger and each other sometimes. I am constantly opening posts with interesting looking subjects only to read line after line of messages between TWO members who are obviously having a  disagreement, my point was why if its between the two of you don't you simply PM each other instead of boring the pants off the rest of us who want to talk abiout football and not meeting up for a fight at the Arkles, slagging each others Mums off etc etc etc ....

I suppose the REAL reason why people do isn't cos their "passionate" but because they want everyone to see how really angry they can get and IMO mistakenly believe it demonstrates how much they love the club.....??? 

Defend and objectivly reason all you like, thats what the forum is for but lets cut out the "My Dads bigger than your Dad " mentality and act like adult :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion