Hypia out? - Newcastle?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:44 pm

just a quiet day at the journa office, i reckon. we are trying to beef up our backline not thin them. beside why would sami wants to go to that barcode circus?
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby daddyo » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:49 pm

All quiet on the football news front then?

Must be for tripe like this to make it to post!

'YAWN' Wake me when its over!!!
daddyo

Postby banana » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:02 pm

If liverpool can get a little money for Hyypia it wouldn't be bad at all. I am pretty sure Rafa has lined up one if not two central defenders and I think Hyypia will struggle to get first team football.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:10 pm

banana wrote:If liverpool can get a little money for Hyypia it wouldn't be bad at all. I am pretty sure Rafa has lined up one if not two central defenders and I think Hyypia will struggle to get first team football.

Not sure about that Banana

Hyypia is still a top class defender, and the reason his form dipped early last season was because he's just not able to play 2 games a week anymore.  It was no coincidence that he started playing well again when Pellegrino got brought in to provide cover and give him a rest.

I agree that Hyypia is probably going to be used as cover for Carra and a new CB, as his lack of pace is an issue in Rafa's style of play (Rafa wants the defence to push up and press into the midfield when we have the ball, whereas Houllier's tactics were to defend on the edge of the box, and this disguised Hyypia's lack of pace to an extent).  But there is no way I'd give Hyypia away to Newcastle, even for a decent fee.  He's still got a big part to play for us next season if we use him in the right way.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:11 pm

The only reason Sami would leave is if Rafa said he was'nt wanted and thats not the case!And why would he go to Newcastle and play for Souness anyway!Sami's a Pool player full stop.
66-1120597113

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:46 pm

Why would Sami want to go to Newcastle? Looking at Sheperd's past behaviour, Souness will not last very long on this job.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:43 pm

Hyypia shouldn't be first choice however I think it's important to have him around because we're short of CB's. We only have him and Carra, and Traore can play that in position and nobody else.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:56 pm

Speaking of which, he was pretty poor during the 1st half of the Olympiakos game. His pace was clearly exposed by a couple of Olympiakos's through passes and counter attacks.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:04 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Speaking of which, he was pretty poor during the 1st half of the Olympiakos game. His pace was clearly exposed by a couple of Olympiakos's through passes and counter attacks.

I hope Souness isn't watching the game. Suppose Hyypia's market value has dropped remarkably after his performance in the first half.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion