Hypia out for a while - Will aggar do do do!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:57 pm

ohhhh no hyypia out for a while looks like traore centre back against benfica  as kromkamp and agger inegiable ???  traore is good but a bit dodgy
Kopite-Jud

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:44 pm

Rafael Benitez has been handed some good news ahead of Wednesday's Champions League decider against Benfica after scan results proved that Sami Hyypia's injury is not serious. 
The Reds defender was forced to leave the field at half-time during the draw with Charlton Athletic on Saturday because of a tight hamstring but a scan this morning has revealed the injury is less serious than first thought.

Ian Cotton, spokesman for Liverpool Football Club, said: "The scan did not show up anything serious and Sami will be fit to train with the rest of the squad on Tuesday." 

------------------------------

and that's the end of that chapter :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:52 pm

That is good news!!
                            Team v Benfica
                             Reina
finnan         hyypia              carra              rise

gerrard              alonso           hamman            kewell

crouch

Fowler
Subs
Dudek
Garcia
Morientes
traore
cisse                Liverpool 2 Benfica 0
                       Gerrard 28
                        Fowler 65
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:01 pm

Once again I hope to see a pairing of Alonso and Gerrard on the central mid. We are about to take on a Benfica team that will bleed to avoid conseeding goals, and I think we depend on Gerrard`s contributions to break down their 10 men defence. He will be more involved in the game when playing on the central mid, and I really can`t see how we can afford "hiding" him on the winger.

I hope Gerrard will replace Didi, and would like to see Garcia on the RM.

Btw, great news that Sami probably will be fit for the match. Picturing Traore as a centre back in such an important match; I could have a heart attack from less...
:suspect:
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:12 pm

Fucked up thread this.

:D
jonnymac1979

Postby drummerphil » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:26 pm

its bound to be.........Welsh Wizzard says Hyypia's out for months,its then announced he might play against Benfica.............:D ...his psychic powers have no match....
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:30 pm

I want to make a shout about Daniel Agger.

I'm positively impressed with this signing. Not that with Carra and Hyppia he's going to be in the starting eleven right now, but I've seen quite many centre backs debuts, and I have seen him some details, that makes me think that he's going to be even a better defender than even Carra or Hyppia in some years. Perhaps I'm bold to say this, but I honestly think the lad has great potential.

In last Fulham game, it was a very difficult game for our defence. Note that we played two very attacking men in the wings, Kewell, and Luis Garcia. We normally play a balanced midfield, with one attacking man, a la Kewell, and a midfielder that knows defending like Gerrard. Or alternatively we played Luis Garcia on the right , and Riise to make a more solid midfield in the left.

But last game we played like Spain did against Eslovaquia, with LG on the right and a winger on the left, and curiously enough, we got the same score.

But watch out, winning 5-1 doesn't mean that's the correct way. Until min 70, we had a tough game, due to having two so attacking men in the wings, and Gerrard always helping on attack, Hamman had lots of job to do, and so did our defence. Fulham reached quite a bunch of times to our goal, to be honest.

It wasn't an easy game for the defence due to all this, but all the defence, including Traore, did a decent game. Of course they did some mistakes, that's normal.

And in the case of Agger, I see him real potential to become a hell of a centre back.

Thoughts?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:18 pm

He looks like a good player to me aswell Sabes. Very much the footballing centre-half to complement Carra's up and at 'em style. Lots of potential and a player who needs starts and experience. Obviously traore isn't going to make it and when you compare this lad to the likes of Zak Whitbread it is clear to see there is potential, then there is potential.
He is however very young for a top-class centre half and my suspicion is that we are going tot have to endure the odd dodgy moment or two before we get to really love the player. He has a look of class about him tho' and I think he'll prove to be a good buy.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion