Gordan is the man - Gordan strachan as new manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:50 pm

Theres only one gordan Strachan, i am starting a campaign to get in Gordan Strachan as the next liverpool manger, your support and comments would be very welcome.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:03 pm

:( Er,... no thanks! we would be scraping the barrel with strachan!! :laugh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:08 pm

Has.  I'm with you mate 100%. Red till dead I appreciate many of your opinions but I don't think getting wee gordon would be scraping the barrel.  outstanding player, outstanding, although I agree largely unproven manager. Scraping the barrel din't derek Moore's do that when he appointed Houlier.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:09 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote: :( Er,... no thanks! we would be scraping the barrel with strachan!! :laugh:

That is harsh.[quote]

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:18 pm

??? Mmm..I must have missed something here? tell me what GREAT things has strachan done? or won since becoming a manager? now let me see Mmmm? ... there must something??? [ answers on a postcard please!]  :laugh:
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:23 pm

What does it matter if he's unproven, he got Southampton to the UEFA Cup. Hell thats nearly a better achievement than winning the Champions League with a big club with money to spend. I hear eveybody talking about Shankly, Paisley, Daglish, Fagan,yet they weren't "proven" either before they took charge yet they are the best managers Liverpool ever had. Even nowadays look at Arsene Wenger, before he was appointed Arsenal manager who ever heard of him. I think Strachan would be an excellent appointment myself, he plays attractive football, takes no sh*t and speaks with common sense to the media. Also I think saying getting Strachan would be scraping the barrel is unfair, the club could do an awful lot worse than getting someone who would bring passion and pride back to the club.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:24 pm

Redtill dead  that's a fair point. But even gerat managers like Ferggie, Pasiley, Fagan, Robson wold struggle to win anything at Coventry or Southampton in this day and age. things were more equal When Sir Booby brought ipswich to the heady heights.  truth is who knows. I'm simply agreeing with Has the wee man has all the qualities of a potentally great manager. If its a proven manager you want the Ericson is the only possible choice.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:38 pm

??? Er.. Imight have been a bit harsh on strachan? but to be honest he wont attract much support amongst L.F.C. fans, will he? we need MARTIN O" NEILL experienced in europe, england, taken celtic to treble, won the title with celtic, now thats what i call a PROVEN track record!! and as for passion, he is second to none.
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:52 pm

Red if its European experience you want then we might as well give Houlier are backing after all he's won more their than O' Neil ever has.  Change should be about making things better not change for change sake  So my point is lets decide in our own minds why we want Houlier out. before we put candidates forward who he obviously out qualifies.  I think we have some good players we need three more to win the premiership ie A striker, A centre mid-fielder and A centre halve. I don't believe Houlier is getting the best out of his team and am looking around to see who is making the most out what he's got. truth is I don't think Moores will change Houlier but if he does Strachan should be in the frame.  He has made the most of a bad lot. I want him to take world class players and make them world class players.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:15 pm

:( Saturdays game could be the "make or break" for Messers.. houllier/reid? moores will be forced to act if we lose that one. A draw would not appease the fans either.The trouble is that GH has to many average players, [apart from SG,MO,HK, and one or two others]some of these players couldn,t pull a cat off a glass counter!!..No energy, passion, or commitment and limited skills.[come to that GH hasn,t shown much passion himself lately] arms folded,hands on chin! he never moves out of the dug out, we will see on saturday. :(
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:05 pm

we dont want no ginger f##ker in charge of us
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:16 am

cheesecakery wrote:we dont want no ginger f##ker in charge of us

quite right cheesy!
Ginger f##king minging tw#t who used to play for Manchester f##king United!
116-1065305004

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:36 am

Strachen is a good coach, but I don't think he would be the man for Liverpool.

Fair enough, he is doing an excellent job at Southampton, but a lot of his success is down to one player: James Beattie. If Southampton didn't have Beattie they would be fighting relegation.

Also, people must remember that Strachen got Southampton into the UEFA Cup through the back door of being BEATEN in the FA Cup Final, rather than through the League. I think that is not a big achievement as George Burley getting Ispwich into the UEFA Cup by finishing 5th.

People forget that Coventry were relegated for the first time in over 35 years under Strachen.

I think that if you are going to look at an up and coming manager in the Premiership you have to look past Strachen and consider Alan Curbishley.

Strachen is a decent manager, but no better than Houllier.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:47 am

Ok cheesey you don't want Strachan but who then? TRoBeavis who did Houlier ever play for.  I fact mate what about all the past Liverpool managers. You don't like Man u because They are currently better than us, I remember when it was Arsenal, Before the The rivalry with Everton Was even fiercier And to some of those who can remember it even had a sectarian twist. So is David moyles a good manager then. As for O' Neil he played in A Notts Forest team that was at one stage liverpools's only rival for the league and the European cup. Strachan has petigree as a player and he's showing how good he is as manager.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby tockycol » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:21 am

I agree Srachan is a good manager but would an ex manc go down well with the fans i think not.
i've said along we need someone who has liverpool running through him like a stick of rock jhon aldridge would do me.
you'll never walk alone
tockycol

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion