Good piece by carra

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Is that where he phoned up after tosspot durnham was slagging him off after quiting england ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:44 pm

it was when he was called a bottler. jamie called em up.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:44 pm

yeah remember it - durham is a :censored: through and through and cant believe anyone would ever ever call carra a bottler
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:40 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:it was when he was called a bottler. jamie called em up.

Can understand why he did it, but it was a bit disappointing that he took the bait in some ways. Those idiots basically say controversial things to provoke a reaction and get morons ringing in to rant at them, they're the Sun journalists equivalent on the radio.

It gave him exactly what he wanted, a degree of notoriety and fame, some mileage about getting the desired reaction from the target of the criticism - couldn't have worked out better for him really could it?

What baffled me was that a few weeks back, the same radio station and the same presenter was doing a live book launch and an audience with Carra in Liverpool apparently!
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby GYBS » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:02 pm

The thing with Carra is he is a pure scouser and loves the club and football and he wouldnt take any :censored: from no marks on the radio - it prob wasnt the best reaction from a pro footballer but first and foremost carra is a liverpool boy at heart and i think if durham hadnt of said bottler then carra wouldnt of phoned up but that word bottler is something no one could ever say about carra , bet the guy has never bottled anything in his life and guess just wanted to stick up for himself - fair play to the lad
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:51 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:jamie on talksport

i can hardly make out what he is saying coz of the accent.

I dont even know who this Adrian Durham is, but what a patronising tw2t.

Bottler and Carra are two words that dont go, and that obviously pi$$ed Carra off enough to ring in. I dont blame him and I understand what hes saying.

That Durham bloke is a right Philly Blunt, like Carra said nobody made such a big fuss when Scholes and Shearer retired early yet carried on play at club level. They were England regulars Carra wasnt.

Durham the WUM  :nod

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:31 pm

GYBS wrote:The thing with Carra is he is a pure scouser and loves the club and football and he wouldnt take any :censored: from no marks on the radio - it prob wasnt the best reaction from a pro footballer but first and foremost carra is a liverpool boy at heart and i think if durham hadnt of said bottler then carra wouldnt of phoned up but that word bottler is something no one could ever say about carra , bet the guy has never bottled anything in his life and guess just wanted to stick up for himself - fair play to the lad

I had to take a breath in the middle of reading that - it's one long sentence!!!
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby taff » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:08 pm

I l;ove Carra and loved the book but I do agree with the sentiment about writing it when you have finished although I went out to buy it and loved reading it.

IMO the daft thing he did was talk about his mates phoning him to do Lucas in in a shopping centre, am pleased that this seems to have blown over as it could have made him look really daft
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:52 pm

He gave an interview in either Zoo or Nuts magazine and one of the questions was "If you hadn't become a footballer, what would you be doing" his reply was that he "would be a football fan spending all his time and money following Everton all over the Country and Europe, well THE COUNTRY ANYWAY :D
destro

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion