Rushie gives a piece of his mind to wenger

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Tue May 10, 2005 9:21 pm

LFC.tv

Liverpool legend Ian Rush has defended Rafael Benitez and his players in the wake of stinging criticism from Arsene Wenger regarding the Reds' glorious march to the Champions League Final.
The Arsenal boss is of the belief that the Reds have been lucky in reaching the Istanbul final but former striker Rush does not agree and he's keen to point out the reasons why.

"Arsenal are a great side, but they could do with checking their facts before they accuse Liverpool of being 'lucky' to get to the Champions League final," says the 1984 European Cup winner.

"Only one team has remained unbeaten in the knockout stages of Europe. Even Milan have lost twice on their way to Istanbul.

"As for Arsene Wenger comparing Liverpool's success to that of Millwall in last year's FA Cup, I didn't notice any First, Second or Third Division teams in the Champions League this season.

"If Liverpool win it, they'll have had to beat the champions of Italy and England to do so. Luck has nothing to do with it.

"Besides, it was clubs such as Arsenal who lobbied UEFA so hard to extend the competition, while England is determined to extend the number of entrants from the Premier-ship to five.

"Yes, it was harder to win years ago, simply because it was so tough to qualify in the first place. But, having changed the rules, there's no point complaining if a club takes advantage."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue May 10, 2005 9:32 pm

Good on ya Rushie
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Erica » Tue May 10, 2005 9:42 pm

Well said, Ian. :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Erica

Postby Jari's mullet » Tue May 10, 2005 9:43 pm

Tony Adams came out with a statement saying the usual :censored: about the Champions league being devalued, etc.  He criticised Viera the other day.  What a :censored:, he made such a :censored: up of his managerial career, he now fancies himself as a whinging ex pro 'a la Rodney Marsh'
Jari's mullet

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 11, 2005 1:02 am

Rushie is a master! Up the 'pool!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed May 11, 2005 1:06 am

Well in Rushie !!!!!

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby hobbes » Wed May 11, 2005 4:34 am

We are the one team whose Manager is so cool. Never be bothered about such useless comments from other teams.  People like Rush is an assets for the club. Responded quickly and shut Wenger .

Wenger is talking about luck.. probably he belives in it and how would he respond if we say probably luck is the reason why they beat us last Saturday. They were just plainly lucky ..
That shows what a backward mentality he has. Football is all about strategy and powerfil display of talent... it is not based on luck

Wenger must be still having a hangover from Neol Mellor's goal. That's why he is seeing only STARS...**** lol
hobbes

Postby hobbes » Wed May 11, 2005 4:35 am

He would probably even see a GURUJI and check on his luck for every game
hobbes

Postby cptrios » Wed May 11, 2005 7:50 am

Wenger's comments are such garbage, as are any that say we don't deserve to win the CL on the basis of our premiership performance. The last few years, Arsenal's been brilliant in the prem but has floundered in the CL...does that mean they didn't deserve their prem titles? Garbage!
cptrios

Postby akumaface » Wed May 11, 2005 8:22 am

Sour grapes. Enough said. The fact is we are in the Final and they are not. In fact, maybe I will be cheering for Manure when they play :censored: in the FA cup.

From the way Wenger talks, this just show how classy Rafa really is. He never says anything that will disrespect the opponent. :censored: was out of the CL long time ago. Its not like LFC was the club that knock them out. They just couldn't admit they sucks in CL. We will win and show them how lucky we really are haha!!  :laugh:
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Wed May 11, 2005 9:41 am

Now I'm confused about who to cheer for in the FA cup final- usually whoever plays Manu but Ferguson has said nothing to knock LFC.

I loved the MIllwall reference, Milwall got to the fA cup final due to a lucky draw, they didn't beat a single premiership team along the way and I agree that them being in the final and being outclassed took away from it.

LFC have just beaten Juventus and Chelsea, 2 of the best 3 teams in Europe and if we win the tournament we'll have to beat the other one so how can he complain.

Arsenal with Henry & co are great in England but cannot hack it against Europe's elite. I don't think LFC will be asking for Arsenal's opinion on how to preparef for a European cup/champions league final.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Wed May 11, 2005 9:54 am

nice one rushie!  Wenger's been on one lately, moaning about us and the champions league, moaning about chelsea and terry's ambition to go undefeated next season, moaning about injuries....  I used to really respect the guy, his tactics, his shrewd acquisitions, all that cr*p.  Now, I see him for what he is ... the worst LOSER ever.  He's even worse than Ferguson and that's a serious f**king achievement.  All this sh*te he's spouting is just the biggest case of sour grapes.  Shut up tosspot.
haps

Postby BringBackTiti » Wed May 11, 2005 11:39 am

wenger just jealous
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 11, 2005 1:36 pm

good on rushie indeed
as fr admas, he was right in waht he said. the champions league should just be champions, but as its not, we are in the final after beating some of the best in europe to get there
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed May 11, 2005 1:38 pm

this is the 2nd time this week that wenger has showed jealousy towards a fellow manager. the other being today when he said that david moyes deserves to be manager of the year and not mourihno
Last edited by stapo1000 on Wed May 11, 2005 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion