Carra the great - Carra

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Nippa61 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:29 pm

Just to say what another emmence performance for carra on tuesday the unsung hero, bigger and better than terry and people dont even reliase it that he has now earned the accolade as one of the best. Someone that has learnt and applied his trade consistently for liverpool and for england when he has played. Sven needs to relise that JT is not there only option at the back and  need to give carra some respect
Nippa61

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:30 pm

I actually think Englands CB's should be Carra and Terry together.  What an amazing defence that would be.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:33 pm

Wasn't Carra battling an injury during the last international break? I thought that's why he wasn't picked.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Hot Mama » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:35 pm

Just wondering what the lad has to do to gain a regular place in the England squad.  He far outshines all the others.
Red Hot Mama

Postby gary106 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:44 pm

in a selfish way im quite glad he isnt playing for england all the time
gary106

Postby Garymac » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:31 pm

Sven Goran Ericcson was on Goals on Sunday last week and they picked his 1st choice team to see if it was right, which had woodgate? and Terry center half and Sven said "But you forget about Sol and Rio who are both excellent to" Carra didnt even get recognition by the manger of england after playing in his 8th consecutive clean sheet, Some fu*king manager he is.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:27 pm

All the better for us in my opinion, no doubt the partnership should be Carragher and Terry, but if he doesn't play it mean's no chance of him being injured and no chance of fatigue.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:45 pm

I would prefer for Gerrard and Carragher not to be  involved in all the bullsh1t England friendlies.
Jari's mullet

Postby thegreedo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:04 pm

I won't mention any names but I have previously been shot down in flames for daring to mention Carra was in the same league as messers Woodgate, Ferdinand and Terry by some established members of this forum (you know who you are).

I can't help but smile as I continue to watch Carra grow and grow as a player, he just seems to keep improving as the others plateau.

Anyway fu.ck england, keep Carra where his heart is, in the red shirt of liverpool fc!!!

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:46 am

He isn't in there class. Anyone who thinks he is doesn't know football. He's not international class.

He's an excellent club play who puts his heart and soul into the club.

He's the same now as he's always been. To suggest he's world class though shows a complete and utter lack of knowledge.
115-1073096938

Postby Dundalk » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:32 am

stu_the_red wrote:He isn't in there class. Anyone who thinks he is doesn't know football. He's not international class.

He's an excellent club play who puts his heart and soul into the club.

He's the same now as he's always been. To suggest he's world class though shows a complete and utter lack of knowledge.

Behave youself will you, your club form is what gets you into the England team and he has been class.

Thats like saying Terry has been brilliant for Chavski but he wont do it for England and he will.

Jamie is world class and I mean world class, he is miles better then Rio and Sol this season and deserves his place and this is from an Irishman who would prefer if didnt play for England and just wore the red of Liverpool.

I hope he stays at home his summer and plays golf but on current form he should start in Englands first World Cup game
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:55 am

Dundalk, if Carragher was to go to another club he would never play for that club like he does for us. The reason being is because he pours his love for the club into his performances. He will only play as well as he does for us, but never for England.[btw I'm not saying that Jamie will leave us, he loves the club too much but I'm using an example]
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dundalk » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:59 am

Okay but he is ENGLISH, if it was me and I was playing for Ireland I dont see no reason why I wouldnt give it the same if not even more for my country ???
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:04 am

And? Most of us here love this club more than the country they're from and would rather see LFC win the league than their country win the World Cup. Carra is a local player, and because of that I feel that he loves playing for this club than he ever will for England.

I've yet to see Carra perform for England like he has for us.[although he hasn't played a lot for England and most of the time he's played as a fullback]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dundalk » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:11 am

So therefore he hasnt been given the chance !!

Dont get me wrong I want Jamie to relax this summer and be ready for next season it just annoys me to see the likes of rio in front of him, he deserves better
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion