Fumin !!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:57 am

Ian Ayres has been busy recruiting sponsers during the transfer window funny that none of them fell through though isnt it? Oh yes I forgot thats not money being spent, not one single person I know was jumping with delight at the handshaking & pictures on LFC website of the guy from Gurada Airlines, Vauxhaul motors or Dunkin feckin donuts. Why did the club boast and brag about these deals during the transfer window? When the manager & fans wanted to see 1 or 2 new additions to help us push on to a CL or even a title push because we are not out of the title race just yet. Just feel so let down that the board dont share our ambitions of making us successfull again and backing our manager.

Not to worry though atleast we brought in this fella hes very good in the air.........

I know this fella is getting on a bit but he will add strength in depth and has plenty of experience Vauxy will sell plenty of shirts.......

And the best addition to the team is this fella he will really help us push for the title & CL place next season he will have the Mancs, Chelsea & City quaking in their boots Real madrid & barca will be terrified facing this monster of a player next season in the CL. I rate him up there with Messi, Ronaldo & Suarez. Hands off him in the summer when the top clubs come sniffing around for our world class signing......... Duncan !!!

Would just like to say what an amazing job FSG have done in the January transfer window adding these 3 quality additions to Brendan Rodgers's team well done Ian Ayres and everyone involved *clap clap*

All joking aside im fumin that our manager was not backed by FSG with any new players there seems to be a trend setting in here, what an anti-climax last night was after our fantastic derby win over them bitter b@stards, god that felt feckin great like the good times we had under Rafa on a CL night it was brilliant well done Brendan & the Redmen  :buttrock 

Now take how happy we all felt on tuesday night to how deflated most of us felt at 12 last night when that news came through it wasnt so much that we had missed out on Konoplyanka it was the manner in which we did, wtf was Ayres doin fannying around in the ukraine for the past 3 days? gettin p!ssed up on some cheap Russian Standard Vodka ? the whole thing was a total embarressment for us & the manager after being in talks with Saleh for the past 3 months Chelsea come along and within a few hours he was their player. So how was that possible? how was that allowed to happen?

Its not for the first time either this is Rodgers 8th player he has missed out on as far as we know there is possible a few more we didnt get to hear about. We have just been outspent in the january transfer window by Hull yes Hull  :glare:

And I cant wait for the open letter off FSG PR spin within the next day or so and my reaction to John Henrys tweet about Liverpool having a 64% chance at CL qualification is......

They are not fooling me and before anyone says oh your back to moan about the owners again to feckin right I am I know a p1ss take when i see one, and this lot are takin the p1ss !!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:06 am

:laugh:

Welcome back Cig    :D 

Where've you been ?  we missed yer .

It does seem more time has been spent on signing  new sponsors and not new players. Ayres probably isn't soley too blame but ever since I saw him riding his motorbike in that "Being Liverpool" documentary I've had no confidence in the fella.

Toolin' round Liverpool on his motorbike thinkin he was cool. Grow up Ayres you kn'ob, you're 40 years old for fks sake !" . Sooner he drives off the Pierhead the better  :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:47 am

Rodgers has spent all season complaining that his squad is threadbare and he's working with '15 fit players' and yet last night within moments of the deal falling through there's a Pravda-esque piece from him up on the official site saying everything's fine and dandy and extra players are for wimps.
He left Melwood in the early evening so that must have been written before he left as a contingency plan, they must think our fan base is daft or something.
It's bad enough not signing any players when CL qualification and Luis future is hanging by a thread (and with United now having Rooney and Van Persie back and Mata in their team plus we've yet to go to Old Trafford, it is hanging by a thread) but to have your intelligence insulted when you are already feeling low is just adding insult to injury.
If Brendan opens his mouth about squad depth from now to the end of the season he has got some gall that fella after that straight-out-of-business-college PR shyte he wrote last night, or should I say wrote yesterday afternoon  :glare:
The really disappointing thing is that FSG had been doing a lot of things right recently (like when John Henry flew 2,000 miles to speak at the hillsborough memorial and their hard line stance with Luis in the summer) but this is taking us back to the days when we seemed to stumble from one crisis to another.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:18 pm

From what I understand from reading post on twitter Ayres was told the deal was done, they sat and waited for the paperwork to come via fax, the player was making his was to us. but no fax come , the club was told it would be with them in mins but again nothing. then they were told the deal is off as the president of the club changed his mind.

not sure who is to blame but I am shocked it happened, will say that there was chat that the deal was done after 1am this morning and we might still get him but not seen anything on that since 3am.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:47 am wrote:Rodgers has spent all season complaining that his squad is threadbare and he's working with '15 fit players' and yet last night within moments of the deal falling through there's a Pravda-esque piece from him up on the official site saying everything's fine and dandy and extra players are for wimps.
He left Melwood in the early evening so that must have been written before he left as a contingency plan, they must think our fan base is daft or something.
It's bad enough not signing any players when CL qualification and Luis future is hanging by a thread (and with United now having Rooney and Van Persie back and Mata in their team plus we've yet to go to Old Trafford, it is hanging by a thread) but to have your intelligence insulted when you are already feeling low is just adding insult to injury.
If Brendan opens his mouth about squad depth from now to the end of the season he has got some gall that fella after that straight-out-of-business-college PR shyte he wrote last night, or should I say wrote yesterday afternoon  :glare:
The really disappointing thing is that FSG had been doing a lot of things right recently (like when John Henry flew 2,000 miles to speak at the hillsborough memorial and their hard line stance with Luis in the summer) but this is taking us back to the days when we seemed to stumble from one crisis to another.

Good post mate totally agree and they have the audacity to put on the offal this morning about a tour around America starting in July  :glare: hardfaced feckers !!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:07 pm

lakes10 » Feb 1st, '14, 12:18 wrote:From what I understand from reading post on twitter Ayres was told the deal was done, they sat and waited for the paperwork to come via fax, the player was making his was to us. but no fax come , the club was told it would be with them in mins but again nothing. then they were told the deal is off as the president of the club changed his mind.

not sure who is to blame but I am shocked it happened, will say that there was chat that the deal was done after 1am this morning and we might still get him but not seen anything on that since 3am.

Good to have you back on board Ciggy!

Lakes, Would be a nice surprise if it was done. Let's  hope....

I don't understand why we don't do business right from the start, when the window opens, get in quickly, but quietly, sort the deals etc instead of trying to do deals in the last couple of days. F**ing stupid strategy that. At the moment, we're just  acting as scouts for every other club. Totsh1te, Cheaski et al will all be in for konoplyanka this summer.

From a strategic point of view, the whole finance, negotiating set  up needs sorting out with immediate affect, starting this minute.

BR are will be fuming, and that statement was probably written for him by IA.
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:08 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:06 am wrote::laugh:

Welcome back Cig    :D 

Where've you been ?  we missed yer .

Argh woofster hows me favourite dog doin? your lookin well mate  :D   :hearts

I was like Phil Mitchel on the beak last night when we didnt sign no one  :laugh:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:33 pm

Ciggy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:01 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:47 am wrote:Rodgers has spent all season complaining that his squad is threadbare and he's working with '15 fit players' and yet last night within moments of the deal falling through there's a Pravda-esque piece from him up on the official site saying everything's fine and dandy and extra players are for wimps.

Good post mate totally agree and they have the audacity to put on the offal this morning about a tour around America starting in July  :glare: hardfaced feckers !!!

It is only recently that the size of the squad has gone down to 15 as a result of injury so I think your suggestion that Rodger's has spent all season complaining that the squad is threadbare is simply wrong. Losing Enrique, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Sakho and Coates less so are the real reasons the squad is threadbare. Sh.it happens. It's unfortunate. We've been very unlucky with injuries. We've also been very unlucky with decisions against both City and Everton back in November that probably cost us four points.

This transfer window was an opportunity to bring in players and for reasons most of us haven't got a clue about it didn't happen. Life goes on and we have to work harder with what we have got. The reaction towards our owners and Ian Ayres by our own supporters has been pathetic and I'm not just having a go at the culprits on this forum who I would have expected better from.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:50 pm

lakes10 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 am wrote:From what I understand from reading post on twitter Ayres was told the deal was done, they sat and waited for the paperwork to come via fax, the player was making his was to us. but no fax come , the club was told it would be with them in mins but again nothing. then they were told the deal is off as the president of the club changed his mind.

In today's echo it says at some point during negotiations we 'increased' our offer to trigger the buy out clause in konoplyanka's contract, hmm.....that sounds ominous to me.
I wonder if we tried our famous lowballing tactics on this billionaire owner of Dnipro, maybe he became so exasperated with our shenanigans early on in the negotiating process that he couldn't bring himself to sign off on the deal right at the death?
All speculation of course but I wonder what would have happened if we would have just met the buy out clause from the start?
According to Salah's agent we spent two months haggling with Basel, I think we need to tone down our aggressive negotiating, driving a hard bargain is all fine and dandy but it's not much good if every deal you enter into collapses because of it.
Good to see you back ciggy!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:02 pm

devaney » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:33 pm wrote:
Ciggy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:01 pm wrote:

It is only recently that the size of the squad has gone down to 15 as a result of injury so I think your suggestion that Rodger's has spent all season complaining that the squad is threadbare is simply wrong. Losing Enrique, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Sakho and Coates less so are the real reasons the squad is threadbare. Sh.it happens. It's unfortunate. We've been very unlucky with injuries. We've also been very unlucky with decisions against both City and Everton back in November that probably cost us four points.

This transfer window was an opportunity to bring in players and for reasons most of us haven't got a clue about it didn't happen. Life goes on and we have to work harder with what we have got. The reaction towards our owners and Ian Ayres by our own supporters has been pathetic and I'm not just having a go at the culprits on this forum who I would have expected better from.

Oh come on, he has been going on about how small our squad is practically since the day he arrived.
He never fails to remind journalists that we are trying to compete with clubs with huge resources and squads.
it's a bit galling to see him do a total 180, especially minutes after we lose out on another transfer target.
It just insults fans intelligence
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:50 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 am wrote:From what I understand from reading post on twitter Ayres was told the deal was done, they sat and waited for the paperwork to come via fax, the player was making his was to us. but no fax come , the club was told it would be with them in mins but again nothing. then they were told the deal is off as the president of the club changed his mind.

In today's echo it says at some point during negotiations we 'increased' our offer to trigger the buy out clause in konoplyanka's contract, hmm.....that sounds ominous to me.
I wonder if we tried our famous lowballing tactics on this billionaire owner of Dnipro, maybe he became so exasperated with our shenanigans early on in the negotiating process that he couldn't bring himself to sign off on the deal right at the death?
All speculation of course but I wonder what would have happened if we would have just met the buy out clause from the start?
According to Salah's agent we spent two months haggling with Basel, I think we need to tone down our aggressive negotiating, driving a hard bargain is all fine and dandy but it's not much good if every deal you enter into collapses because of it.
Good to see you back ciggy!

famous lowballing tactics .......yes think you might be right.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Yakka if you had originally said reminded instead of complaining I would have accepted that. I certainly don't think he is trying to insult anybody's intelligence. He is getting on with a difficult job with the players at his disposal. Let's face it we have loaned out several players that could be of use to us at the moment. No one could have predicted all of the injuries we have suffered. I am not sure what you expected Rodger's to say? Would you have been happy if he had criticised the board and Ian Ayres for not signing anybody and suggested that Liverpool were a laughing stock?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:15 pm

I remember all this type of kerfuffle about Dempsey
Did us no harm not getting him did it...?
:grinning:
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:21 pm

devaney » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:15 pm wrote:Yakka if you had originally said reminded instead of complaining I would have accepted that. I certainly don't think he is trying to insult anybody's intelligence. He is getting on with a difficult job with the players at his disposal. Let's face it we have loaned out several players that could be of use to us at the moment. No one could have predicted all of the injuries we have suffered. I am not sure what you expected Rodger's to say? Would you have been happy if he had criticised the board and Ian Ayres for not signing anybody and suggested that Liverpool were a laughing stock?

I'd rather he said nothing than insult our intelligence with a contrived PR exercise.
He very we'll knows that we need to bring in more quality, he's said it himself enough times over the course of the season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:46 pm

these things happen and Dnipro are famous for being difficult to deal with for transfers.  However, I'm not sure it warrants such outcry. As I've said in another thread, the owners made the cash available and the deal was 'done' as far we were concerned...

I am disappointed at some of the stick BR is getting though. He's done a brilliant job this year and he can't really come out and say much more than "he's disappointed" with the transfer window.  I mean, what else should he do or say?

Slag off the board to the press? lament Ayre to the BBC?  I mean, honestly, what do people want him to do?

I for one don't miss the days of airing our dirty washing in public and I'm confident that BR speaks his mind to the owners in private.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion