Fumin !!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:54 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:15 pm wrote:I remember all this type of kerfuffle about Dempsey
Did us no harm not getting him did it...?
:grinning:

Your right Thommo BUT I think most of the angst being expressed is over not so much that we didn't sign a "particular" player but more so that in a season where we have a real chance of getting back to the top table we completely failed to strengthen a first team eleven that is already paper thin.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:00 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:46 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 am wrote:From what I understand from reading post on twitter Ayres was told the deal was done, they sat and waited for the paperwork to come via fax, the player was making his was to us. but no fax come , the club was told it would be with them in mins but again nothing. then they were told the deal is off as the president of the club changed his mind.

not sure who is to blame but I am shocked it happened, will say that there was chat that the deal was done after 1am this morning and we might still get him but not seen anything on that since 3am.

these things happen and Dnipro are famous for being difficult to deal with for transfers.  However, I'm not sure it warrants such outcry. As I've said in another thread, the owners made the cash available and the deal was 'done' as far we were concerned...

I am disappointed at some of the stick BR is getting though. He's done a brilliant job this year and he can't really come out and say much more than "he's disappointed" with the transfer window.  I mean, what else should he do or say?

Slag off the board to the press? lament Ayre to the BBC?  I mean, honestly, what do people want him to do?

I for one don't miss the days of airing our dirty washing in public and I'm confident that BR speaks his mind to the owners in private.
here here, exactly.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 pm

lakes10 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 am wrote:From what I understand from reading post on twitter Ayres was told the deal was done, they sat and waited for the paperwork to come via fax, the player was making his was to us. but no fax come , the club was told it would be with them in mins but again nothing. then they were told the deal is off as the president of the club changed his mind.

not sure who is to blame but I am shocked it happened, will say that there was chat that the deal was done after 1am this morning and we might still get him but not seen anything on that since 3am.

these things happen and Dnipro are famous for being difficult to deal with for transfers.  However, I'm not sure it warrants such outcry. As I've said in another thread, the owners made the cash available and the deal was 'done' as far we were concerned...

I am disappointed at some of the stick BR is getting though. He's done a brilliant job this year and he can't really come out and say much more than "he's disappointed" with the transfer window.  I mean, what else should he do or say?

Slag off the board to the press? lament Ayre to the BBC?  I mean, honestly, what do people want him to do?

I for one don't miss the days of airing our dirty washing in public and I'm confident that BR speaks his mind to the owners in private.

The outcry is because the foreseeable future of the club is on the line here, if we get 4th (or better) Suarez stays and we use the carrot of CL football to add one or two marquee names in the summer the sky really is the limit.
But if we don't get 4th, Suarez leaves and we do our usual trick of looking for value in the market again in the summer we could literally become a fixture in the middle of the table.
We need CL football to try and bridge the wealth gap between us and the top clubs but even when we have a great chance of achieving it our first priority seems to be 'can we do it on the cheap?'
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:16 pm

:no   :no   :no

I'm confident he doesn't want to rock the boat and lose the best job he's ever had, he goes cap in hand, expresses his thoughts in his low measured manner, and then like a good employee, does exactly what he's told.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:18 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:16 pm wrote:

I'm confident he doesn't want to rock the boat and lose the best job he's ever had, he goes cap in hand, expresses his thoughts in his low measured manner, and then like a good employee, does exactly what he's told.

I think that's a tad unfair Woof...none of us know what's said behind closed doors and there's NOTHING to be gained by slagging off the owners in public.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:27 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:18 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:16 pm wrote:

I think that's a tad unfair Woof...none of us know what's said behind closed doors and there's NOTHING to be gained by slagging off the owners in public.

Fair enough, none of us know what's said behind closed doors, and yet you come out and say

I'm confident that BR speaks his mind to the owners in private

but then have a problem with my version of what happens behind closed doors   ???

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:38 pm

I think I take issue with the portrayal of our manager being a spineless cretin...what would you have preferred him to do Woof?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:59 pm

im not so sure fenway deserve much stick over the transfers, its the ar$ehole committee that they set up that is fooking it up. they are handing over money but its that those numpties cant get it done.
back in the summer we faffed about and missed out on two top targets in miktaryan and costa, both of those were backed by fsg and where north of £20mil. rodgers had identified salah as his main target in this window but we wouldnt pay the money and then tried to sign a backup for more  :glare:  the money is their for these players but again its the idiots charged with spending it.
they are a bunch of mongs for the fact that they waited till the last 48hrs to seek a replacement for salah anyway.
brendan can waffle away all he wants about how he's happy with the efforts of the committee but in truth he needs to do more because if it keeps happening then its obvious he's part of the problem. not signing anyone isnt going to unify and strengthen the lads or boost their confidence that the club actually wants to get to that place they keep saying they want to be.
for us though its a big chance wasted as this window should have been about building a side that could compete in the CL and give us a push over the line, now your talking massive business needed in the summer and serious convincing of our best player to stay because we really do want to be in the CL. we have taken a massive step forward this season but losing him will put us back several.
as for that cretin ayre  :veryangry  he probably holed himself up in some hotel for 2 days with a rent boy
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:29 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:38 pm wrote:I think I take issue with the portrayal of our manager being a spineless cretin...what would you have preferred him to do Woof?

Take all the issue you like mate. After his comments about bringing in someone to immediately add to the first eleven I'd have preferred some real show of disappointment at our failure to do so instead of an instant reversal to the "party" line. "We're ok with what we've got blah blah blah.................."

If we're ok with what we've got then what the fk were we doing even talking to the Toblerone Gyppo and the Chernobyl Mutants   ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:05 pm

Dempsey
Sigurdsson
Salah
Konoplyanka
Mkhitaryan
Willian

etc etc etc...
maypaxvobiscum

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:07 pm

On a lighter note nobody seems to have mentioned that we also failed to sign Soldado. Is that because most of the time he couldn't he a donkeys air.se with a banjo. It's not all bad news. Mata at £37m helped Man United to lose for the eighth time this season. If we are feeling a tad upset imagine how those glory hunting fkrs must feel - suicidal - hopefully  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:22 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:29 pm wrote:
If we're ok with what we've got then what the fk were we doing even talking to the Toblerone Gyppo and the Chernobyl Mutants   ???

:D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Ciggy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:08 pm wrote:I was like Phil Mitchel on the beak last night when we didnt sign no one  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:

Don't you f*cking dare go away again girl .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:32 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:59 pm wrote:im not so sure fenway deserve much stick over the transfers, its the ar$ehole committee that they set up that is fooking it up. they are handing over money but its that those numpties cant get it done.
back in the summer we faffed about and missed out on two top targets in miktaryan and costa, both of those were backed by fsg and where north of £20mil. rodgers had identified salah as his main target in this window but we wouldnt pay the money and then tried to sign a backup for more  :glare:  the money is their for these players but again its the idiots charged with spending it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head...the guys dealing with the transfers are not doing their jobs and it has to change.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:32 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:05 pm wrote:Dempsey
Sigurdsson
Salah
Konoplyanka
Mkhitaryan
Willian

etc etc etc...

This ^^^^^ didnt want Dempsey but we went into the season without replaceing Andy Carroll, that we failed to sign any of the above mentioned players that B-Rod wanted questions need to be asked why the manager wrote a list of players even this transfer window and we failed to sign any of them. FSG have done well in other areas we just need to improve on the transfer front.
Rodgers has grown on me I love the style we play and scoring goals in abundance, I just hope we continue on this run and finish in the top 4.  Should we fail to do so fingers will be pointed as to why the owners didnt add 1 or 2 additions to help us get over that winning mark.
Plus we havent got the squad to compete in the CL & prem next season thats why the manager needed new additions should we end up in the CL.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion