Fumin !!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:35 pm

[quote="woof woof ! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:29 pm
If we're ok with what we've got then what the fk were we doing even talking to the Toblerone Gyppo and the Chernobyl Mutants   ???[/quote]

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:36 pm

The manager is doing a great job, he's been let down himself as much as the fans, but if he wants to build a 'Shankly-esque'  type relationship with the fans he shouldn't be putting his name to PR spin which insults the fans intelligence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:36 pm wrote:The manager is doing a great job, he's been let down himself as much as the fans, but if he wants to build a 'Shankly-esque'  type relationship with the fans he shouldn't be putting his name to PR spin which insults the fans intelligence.

Spot on ,couldn't have put it better myself.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Some of you guys have got to be f*cking kidding me right now…?

How can anybody possibly be mad at BR?  He's done everything right, implying we needed transfers so the fans know he's trying to work with the club, but also keeping things calm between the board and himself.

What do you expect him to do? come out and say our season's over because we didn't sign anybody, no more top four, that's it sorry guys, lets just go home and wait for summer… Seriously? how daft are some of you guys? He came out said I'm happy with what I have because I BELIEVE in the players I have. He's showing confidence in who plays for the club, and that's what you need. Why would you want your manager to come out and say I don't believe in the players we have? If he said that I can guarantee you we would go on a lovely long streak of awful performances with players feeling their club, manager and fans don't believe that they can do it.

I'm been a huge fan of FSG  since they came here. These sponsorship deals are hugely important because we actually follow the rules of FFP, and it's sounding like some of the clubs who completely cheat FFP are beginning to struggle to continue and spend money like they have. But I'm pretty ***** they've dropped the ball AGAIN. This is completely on them, waiting until the last minute and trying to negotiate like they're the f*cking Godfather or something.

Lay off Rodgers… He's handled this exactly how he needs to.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:14 pm

ethanr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:43 pm wrote:Some of you guys have got to be f*cking kidding me right now…?

How can anybody possibly be mad at BR?  He's done everything right, implying we needed transfers so the fans know he's trying to work with the club, but also keeping things calm between the board and himself.

What do you expect him to do? come out and say our season's over because we didn't sign anybody, no more top four, that's it sorry guys, lets just go home and wait for summer… Seriously? how daft are some of you guys? He came out said I'm happy with what I have because I BELIEVE in the players I have. He's showing confidence in who plays for the club, and that's what you need. Why would you want your manager to come out and say I don't believe in the players we have? If he said that I can guarantee you we would go on a lovely long streak of awful performances with players feeling their club, manager and fans don't believe that they can do it.

I'm been a huge fan of FSG  since they came here. These sponsorship deals are hugely important because we actually follow the rules of FFP, and it's sounding like some of the clubs who completely cheat FFP are beginning to struggle to continue and spend money like they have. But I'm pretty ***** they've dropped the ball AGAIN. This is completely on them, waiting until the last minute and trying to negotiate like they're the f*cking Godfather or something.

So speaks the angry American  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:25 pm

ethanr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:43 pm wrote:Some of you guys have got to be f*cking kidding me right now…?

What we don't expect is an obviously pre-written Pravda-esque PR exercise to appear on the official site minutes after we learn another transfer has fallen through.
The last thing we need when we are all feeling gutted is to be patted on the head and patronised.
He should have just said nothing until he was asked about it at the next press conference.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:50 pm

I thought the timing of that Rodgers interview was almost indecent ,and in  particular it showed little in the way of discernment in respect to the
feelings of the fans.....All subtlety seemingly dispensed with in a rushed and futile attempt at diffusing the discontentment and frustration of the
disbelieving fans.

I believe this is where Rodgers should have politely declined the owners inconsiderate requests .....Other than that Rodgers has been brilliant
for this club and long may he continue ,at least not pandering to the owners every whim with ill advised and lamentable sound bites that is.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:48 pm

He needed to get it out there as soon as possible. What we don't need is anything disrupting our next game against WBA, and if he deosnt come out and say he's happy, there's no guarantee how fans would react to it.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:04 pm

I completely agree with Ethan here about Rodgers. Shouldn't be blamed in any way.

I doubt that doing the PR exercise was up to him. I'm pretty sure he's feeling the same way we are about the situation, disappointed and letdown.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Like I said earlier, it was proffered with indecent haste ,and nothing anyone says can refute that.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:29 pm

ethanr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:48 pm wrote:He needed to get it out there as soon as possible. What we don't need is anything disrupting our next game against WBA, and if he deosnt come out and say he's happy, there's no guarantee how fans would react to it.

A stupid, blatant, contrived PR memo (which looks like it was written by the customer complaints department of a multinational utility company) just makes a bad situation worse.
Especially when it's released at midnight and everyone who was following the goings on during transfer deadline day knew that Rodgers left Melwood in the early evening.
It just makes it look like that the club knew they weren't going to sign konoplyanka at least 4 hours before the end of the deadline because obviously Rodgers and the PR department must have been working on it before he went home. That memo basically suggests the rest of the evening (with Liverpool fans watching the news and biting their fingernails) was a charade.
They should have just left it until the following day and held a proper press conference or at least released a club statement which didnt make the manager look like a two faced corporate lackey.
To release such a polished PR job almost the moment the window closed just made it seem like the whole thing was scripted, if one of them would have tweeted 'FFS it's fell through' it would have at least seemed genuine and fans could have related to that but to read a load of polished spin when you are already gutted is just adding insult to injury.
Anyway it's pointless going on about it it's gone now, win tomorrow and it's forgotten about.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:09 am

Grow the ***** up ya set of old drama queens.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:57 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:29 pm wrote:
ethanr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:48 pm wrote:He needed to get it out there as soon as possible. What we don't need is anything disrupting our next game against WBA, and if he deosnt come out and say he's happy, there's no guarantee how fans would react to it.

A stupid, blatant, contrived PR memo (which looks like it was written by the customer complaints department of a multinational utility company) just makes a bad situation worse.
Especially when it's released at midnight and everyone who was following the goings on during transfer deadline day knew that Rodgers left Melwood in the early evening.
It just makes it look like that the club knew they weren't going to sign konoplyanka at least 4 hours before the end of the deadline because obviously Rodgers and the PR department must have been working on it before he went home. That memo basically suggests the rest of the evening (with Liverpool fans watching the news and biting their fingernails) was a charade.
They should have just left it until the following day and held a proper press conference or at least released a club statement which didnt make the manager look like a two faced corporate lackey.
To release such a polished PR job almost the moment the window closed just made it seem like the whole thing was scripted, if one of them would have tweeted 'FFS it's fell through' it would have at least seemed genuine and fans could have related to that but to read a load of polished spin when you are already gutted is just adding insult to injury.
Anyway it's pointless going on about it it's gone now, win tomorrow and it's forgotten about.

There was probably another statement ready saying how glad he was Kono signed, just depended on the outcome.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:17 am

Kono's agent apparently Tweeted that we had the medical done, triggered the release clause and their owner refused to sign/submit the paperwork
Red Indian

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:15 am

Red Indian » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:17 am wrote:Kono's agent apparently Tweeted that we had the medical done, triggered the release clause and their owner refused to sign/submit the paperwork

All the more reason why negotiations should be conducted and concluded with contracts signed well in advance of the window slamming shut.

You'd think those responsible for signing new players would have recognised this by now.   :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion