Fumin !!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:35 am

leeroy74 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:09 am wrote:Grow the ***** up ya set of old drama queens.

Have to agree with this
I have never took any notice to speculation of transfer targets or transfer business. It makes no difference whatsoever if I want us to sign player a or b. I have no interest unless and until they become a Liverpool player.
Biting nails, getting upset and being disappointed is a waste of time because we could end up with a player who cant adapt and is a hindrance rather than a help, as we have found out to our cost. Blame Ayre, blame FSG, blame B-Rod. Blame who you like but the fact is the owner didnt want him to leave otherwise he would be here. Its his loss not ours.
By the way I would be gutted if we had lost out on a decent left back because what weve got now makes Djimi Traore look like Pele
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:30 pm

too much focus on blaming our club and the regime but in all accounts it was their owner who didn't do his job, not BR or IA. people need to start looking a bit further than their own doorstep to cast blame when things don't go to plan. that player was ours, he'd done the medical , we'd done our work but we were let down be a rich owner who didn't do his job.

Now grow a pair and move on.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:45 pm

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Liverpool blamed for collapse of Yevhen Konoplyanka deadline day deal

Dnipro have denied claims they were responsible for Yevhen Konoplyanka’s deadline day switch to Liverpool collapsing, laying the blame firmly at the feet of the Reds’ dallying officials.

The Ukrainian winger was expected to finalise a move to Anfield on Friday, only for the deal to fall through at the final minute.

Konoplyanka’s agent claimed Dnipro’s club president Igor Kolomoysky had refused to sign the papers despite Liverpool meeting the release clause in the player’s contract.

However, Dnipro managing director Andriy Rusol has angrily rejected this version of events – insisting the Reds failed to get the money in place in time for the transfer to go through before the deadline.

‘Firstly, our president had no choice to keep the player,’ he said. ‘His contract has a specific release clause.

The truth is Liverpool did not have time to complete the transaction. We could not sign the documents until we received the money in our account and they did not send it before the deadline.

‘The president, Igor Kolomoysky gave the go-ahead for the deal as soon as the clubs reached agreement.

‘The time issue was not our fault. Liverpool’s executives could have arrived a day or two earlier.’

Despite the argument, Dnipro are still open to the move going ahead in the summer.

‘Yehven is a very strong person,’ said Rusol. ‘He knows his move to a big club is only a matter of time.’

Something reeks ,these owners are starting to stink the place out.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:49 pm

I can well believe it, if the club had any real intentions of bringing anyone in they wouldn't have had Ayre spending half the month tying up sponsorship deals with Xolo, Dunkin Donuts, Vauxhalls And Garuda.
Those deals could have been done at any time, signing players can't.
FSG are trying to mirror the old Arsenal model of getting into the CL on the cheap.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:50 pm

er money never changes hands on the day?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:54 pm

I agree Lakes. Absolute load of utter bollux. Very surprised the likes of RBG are taken in by such garbage.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:04 pm

In places like the Ukraine it wouldn't surprise me if they did their transfer deals differently.
Anyway It's happened too often to be a coincidence, this isn't the only deal that's fell through with accusations from the other party that Liverpool f##ked it up. Fulham even reported us to the F.A over the way we do business.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:22 pm

devaney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:54 pm wrote:I agree Lakes. Absolute load of utter bollux. Very surprised the likes of RBG are taken in by such garbage.

I like to retain the propensity for surprise it makes me less predictable ........I'm venting my spleen ,leave me the fuck alone  :;):

The truth is I didn't really want the Russian guy , but what a f*cking placebo it would have been for those players that laboured today on the
pitch at  West Brom.   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Think a fkg lorry load of plutonium would have struggled to get the lads going today  :help

Rotten day at the office. We move on. Hopefully very quickly considering who we play next !!!!!!!!!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:32 pm

devaney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:04 pm wrote:Think a fkg lorry load of plutonium would have struggled to get the lads going today  :help

Rotten day at the office. We move on. Hopefully very quickly considering who we play next !!!!!!!!!

It's just classic Liverpool it really is, those 4 points we've thrown away against villa and west brom would have put us on 51 points, never mind 4th that would have put us right in the mix for the title and 11 points ahead of United.
The really disappointing thing for me is that we weren't asking the players to beat Bayern and Barca here, we weren't asking them to perform miracles, the bookies had us as big favourites for both games and all the aces were in our hand but yet again we somehow manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
What an opportunity wasted.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:39 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 am wrote:
Red Indian » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:17 am wrote:Kono's agent apparently Tweeted that we had the medical done, triggered the release clause and their owner refused to sign/submit the paperwork

All the more reason why negotiations should be conducted and concluded with contracts signed well in advance of the window slamming shut.

You'd think those responsible for signing new players would have recognised this by now.   :p

The problem is that if the player is highly regarded then somebody else will step in. At least if you leave it until the last possible moment it reduces the chance of some other fkr pi.ssing on yer chips !! Frustrating I know but there is no easy answer unless the rules are changed.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:40 pm

devaney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:04 pm wrote:
Rotten day at the office.

We have to use a manager whose been brilliant with a stapler to compensate for the personnel he's lost ,and we have to ask our supervisor to use a fax
machine he is unfamiliar with ,whilst  the owner fills the office full of temporary workers who don't understand simple instructions.... Yeah exactly like
an office. ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:55 pm

devaney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:39 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 am wrote:
Red Indian » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:17 am wrote:Kono's agent apparently Tweeted that we had the medical done, triggered the release clause and their owner refused to sign/submit the paperwork

All the more reason why negotiations should be conducted and concluded with contracts signed well in advance of the window slamming shut.

You'd think those responsible for signing new players would have recognised this by now.   :p

The problem is that if the player is highly regarded then somebody else will step in. At least if you leave it until the last possible moment it reduces the chance of some other fkr pi.ssing on yer chips !! Frustrating I know but there is no easy answer unless the rules are changed.

The reason we were so late opening negotiations with Dnipro for konoplyanka was that we wasted two months f##king Basel around insulting them with lowball offers.
I don't think it's any coincidence that in both deals the agents of Salah and Konoplyanka criticised the way we conducted ourselves in negotiations. They aren't the only ones to have commented either.
We saw the result of our transfer ineptitude today, when Rodgers had to go to the bench when we were chasing the game the best he could do was Allen and Kelly.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:11 pm

If that was all there was to it then we are employing a right bunch of toss.ers  :laugh:  Unlike you I'm prepared to give them a little more credit. I think you're very simple assessment of transfer dealings is naive in the extreme.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext