Finally, josemi could be going in jan - Is this the news we've all hoped for?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:00 pm

Liverpool - Defender set for exit? EXCLUSIVE
26 Oct 2005 12:30

Liverpool defender Josemi could be set for a return back to La Liga, according to clubcall.com Spanish correspondent Ivan Modia.

The defender has not enjoyed the best of times at Anfield and Modia believes a return to his homeland could be on the cards.

"Despite being a hard working player, he could go in January," revealed Modia.

"Although Liverpool would want the maximum they could get for the player,  I think he will return back to Spain."

Following Liverpool's exit in the Carling Cup and dismal form in the Premiership, new faces are expected in the New Year with several Liverpool players linked away with Josemi's name being mentioned.

"Josemi came from Malaga and he has been the biggest failure of Benitez's transfers. Liverpool would want the maximum they can get for the player which would be around £1 million."

The source of the above quote is very dubious as it is from 'Cubcall.com' and anything sites and phonelines like this say is to be taken with a pinch of salt but in this case it will hopefully prove to be true. If true it also proves that Rafa isn't afriad to admit that a player he has bought isn't upto the job and is prepared to move him on.

(take note monsieur Houllier   :rasp )

It is also to be noted that he has made his mind up about him pretty quickly when you consider that he missed a large portion of last season through injury.
If it does come to fruition and it is a BIG IF it will have Morientes , Keewell and some of the other under performers shaking like sh!itting dogs, hopefully.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:24 pm

yay wahoo
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby Owen 10 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:56 am

Biggest failure?

Bit harsh, he's not done THAT bad IMO. There are far worse signings i can think of.
Owen 10

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:08 am

Owen 10 wrote:Biggest failure?

Bit harsh, he's not done THAT bad IMO. There are far worse signings i can think of.

Definitely. The worst example is the signing of Djimi Troare by Gerard Houillier. The lad having won enough trophies with liverpool, including the famous one for the best own goal of football history, it's time for him to move on. :D  :D  :D

We should keep Josemi. He took some time to settle but is getting better.
Last edited by Fernando Morientes > 19 < on Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:02 pm

Josemi is very, very average, he's done very little to impress. Finnan is by far the better player, anyone who thinks otherwise really is kidding themselves.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:14 pm

There's a little problem about that news stating that he will return to Spain - there's no way a Spanish club is willing to pay 1 million quid for Josemi. Spanish football hasn't the money that used to have 6 year ago, only a great club would pay that money for a defender that besides has not done much there in Liverpool, and when I think of the biggest squads in the Spanish pile, I don't quite see Josemi laying there.

There are some clubs that might want him (not mine) , but then, would be very far of that 1 Million pounds.

SAbre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:52 pm

In my opinion,every time,Josemi plays,he shooks my nerves.He never seems confident on the pitch & most of the times ends up giving free kicks to the opposition.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:56 pm

Bye Bye ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby jammydodger » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:08 pm

Who is our cover at RB if he goes?

If Benitez sells him, it means we have to sign another RB in January, which leaves less funds to be spent on the much need RM.. (and CB)

Agreed though, Finnan is definately the better player, but there is no point in shipping him out for a nominal fee in January, atleast wair until June transfer window, when we get our new budget.
jammydodger

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:56 pm

Who is our cover at RB if he goes? If Benitez sells him, it means we have to sign another RB in January, which leaves less funds to be spent on the much need RM.. (and CB) Agreed though, Finnan is definately the better player, but there is no point in shipping him out for a nominal fee in January, atleast wair until June transfer window, when we get our new budget.

Don't worry .... David Raven will be backup ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Garymac » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:19 pm

And with Traore set for a move to Arsenal we look set to get rid of two of the biggest liabilities in the squad  ???  :D

Raven will provide cover if he went and Barragan is also quality all along the right side.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 2520years » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:20 pm

Maybe, we'll sign a Centre Back who can also play at right back.  I know Gallas is out of the question, but someone like him would be good.  Also, don't forget Carra can play there if necessary (though it's far from ideal) with Traore moving into the centre.  What I'm saying is that we don't need to keep Josemi if we can get a decent offer.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:19 am

And with Traore set for a move to Arsenal we look set to get rid of two of the biggest liabilities in the squad

That's just another rumor ....
LiverpoolMadman

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion