Finally the news weve all been waiting for - Stevies staying hoooooooooray

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:29 pm

Hes just been on SKY sports news and he's staying, hes going to pledge his future to Liverpool. Thank god for that.  :love:

Steven Gerrard claims contract talks are planned with Liverpool, but the England star says the ball is firmly in the club's court with regard to a new deal being struck.

Gerrard fulfilled a dream last month when claiming the UEFA Champions League in amazing fashion in Istanbul and many felt the success would prompt the all-action midfielder to commit his future to the club.

The cream of Europe's crop are watching the situation at Anfield with interest and the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea could pounce if talks stall.

Gerrard expects to start the season with his home-town club and says talks are scheduled to take place this summer.

"There are talks that are going to be happening at the end of June and beginning of July," Gerrard told Sky Sports News. "The ball's in Liverpool's court now.

"I'm ready to talk and waiting for them to give me the nod where and when myself and my advisers need to be."

Gerrard is looking to clarify his future before the new season gets underway in August.

"I've got two years left," he added. "We haven't spoken about a new contract yet and I don't know how long those talks will go on for.

"But the sooner they start the better because I want my future sorted before the start of the season."

Gerrard believes Rafa Benitez will clear the decks in the summer in order to make The Reds credible Premiership challengers.

"I'm sure changes will be made," he added. "The manager has said that and there has been a lot of speculation in the papers, so I am sure new faces will be added to the squad.

"Players leaving happens at every club and I am looking forward to seeing a fresh squad when I link back up."
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:34 pm

Lynds did he actually say he's staying/wants to stay? On the skysports website it says that he's ready to talk and wants to get his future sorted which though being very similar, is not definately the same thing. I just don't want to count me chickins to be honest.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:35 pm

Well watching him there hes not going anywhere, said he wants to stay and wants a new contract before the season starts. :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:46 pm

just saw the interview meself, he was sgning tops and looking calmer than he has done in a long time.

top news that the lad will be staying with us
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:48 pm

Oh well.....................until next summer I suppose  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Jimmymac » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:49 pm

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/ARTICLE.ASP?ID=284469

Thats the article from sky sports, basically he said he wants to stay and they should open contracts end o june, start o july
Jimmymac

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:56 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Hes just been on SKY sports news and he's staying, hes going to pledge his future to Liverpool. Thank god for that.  :love:

Steven Gerrard claims contract talks are planned with Liverpool, but the England star says the ball is firmly in the club's court with regard to a new deal being struck.

Gerrard fulfilled a dream last month when claiming the UEFA Champions League in amazing fashion in Istanbul and many felt the success would prompt the all-action midfielder to commit his future to the club.

The cream of Europe's crop are watching the situation at Anfield with interest and the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea could pounce if talks stall.

Gerrard expects to start the season with his home-town club and says talks are scheduled to take place this summer.

"There are talks that are going to be happening at the end of June and beginning of July," Gerrard told Sky Sports News. "The ball's in Liverpool's court now.

"I'm ready to talk and waiting for them to give me the nod where and when myself and my advisers need to be."

Gerrard is looking to clarify his future before the new season gets underway in August.

"I've got two years left," he added. "We haven't spoken about a new contract yet and I don't know how long those talks will go on for.

"But the sooner they start the better because I want my future sorted before the start of the season."

Gerrard believes Rafa Benitez will clear the decks in the summer in order to make The Reds credible Premiership challengers.

"I'm sure changes will be made," he added. "The manager has said that and there has been a lot of speculation in the papers, so I am sure new faces will be added to the squad.

"Players leaving happens at every club and I am looking forward to seeing a fresh squad when I link back up."

I dont think Gerrard would've been on holiday, Parry in Barbados or Rafa in Spain if Gerrard's future wasn't sorted out. Surely it's just a matter of time before we get official confirmation that he's pledging his future to us.

:buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:03 pm

simply brilliant.stevie's going to be a different player for us next season.hopefully,he'll be lifting the cup(EPL)next season.looking forward to it.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby RED ANT » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:05 pm

Never in any doubt :)
RED ANT

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:13 pm

I also recall his little welsh buddy saying almost the same thing last summer\ an what happened there.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:15 pm

murphy0151 wrote:I also recall his little welsh buddy saying almost the same thing last summer\ an what happened there.

i was thinking the same thing, hopefully the same thing wont happen again. Personally i wont be happy till he has signed a new contract.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:20 pm

How the fu ck is he welsh when he plays for England
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:22 pm

murphy0151 wrote:I also recall his little welsh buddy saying almost the same thing last summer\ an what happened there.

he went to win medals. ah the irony :rasp

gerrard's going nowhere. he'll be our best signing of the summer. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:30 pm

Take a pinch
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:41 pm

As far as i remember it, Owen said he would not let his contract run down and leave us on a Bosman (which he didn't), he didn't actually say he'd sign a new deal.

Nevertheless by letting his contract run to one year to go his value decreased immensely, so he still screwed us.

Gerrard staying was never in any doubt IMO
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion