EMILIANO INSUA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:57 pm

Cut our losses with Dossena in January.  This kid is ready for the first team, at least as an understudy to Aurelio (when fit).  Looks like a first teamer in the making, but lets not get too carried away.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:24 am

Alex G. wrote:
metalhead wrote:He is still 19 and looks decent  :)

he´s not decent, he´s consistent and good.
He can make good crosses, can Dossena? Can Arbeloa? No.

Have to agree with Metalhead there, Dossena's crossing is VERY good. It's the rest of his game that is lacking.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:48 am

Well Insua is better than Dossena, but then again so was I a few years back (just kidding but you know what I mean). I thought he had a good game today, tidy enough and gets the age old conundrum of when to pusha and when to tuck in right almost every time. He looks like the being the first one of World all-star teenagers to nail down a first team slot. He's better than Dossena, and he's not far behind Aurelio. Even if he only plays when Aurelio isn't fit, that will probably be just about enough to count as a first team regular.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:06 am

Agree with all that Insua is a bright prospect with steady game, plus he's only 19 so he shoud only get better. My right toe is better than Dossena am very surprised Rafa signed him at all as he just can't defend and his lack of pace often seeing him get caught at the back. Taxi for him and Babel pluezzeee..
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:19 am

metalhead wrote: He is a better defender than Dossenna and I think its time for him to get run of games in the team because he does look like a decent prospect.

Thats the most important trait for a fullback...ability to defend.

It doesn't matter if you got pace....or you can put in awesome crosses when u can't even defend.

Hope Insua plays more games now.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby WhIpLaSh » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:33 am

Insua was immense against Arsenal IMHO
Everytime you win, you're reborn. Everytime you lose, you die a little.
WhIpLaSh

Postby Rorschach26 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:36 am

Insua for Prime Minister i say
Rorschach26

Postby DanAn » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:33 am

For me he should be our starting left back ahead of both Aurelio and Dossena for the time being. Aurelio is no good because he will never provide us with the continuity we need in that position and Dossena looks like dogs balls at the minute.

I think we should sell both Dross and Aurelio and use the cash to buy a quality LB.  Insua has shown he's good enough to be used as back up/on rotation already (and he's only going to get better). I'd personally make a play for Taye Taiwo and use Insua for CL matches. Big ask against the likes of Ramos and Higuan but I shudder at Dossena playing against them and have no faith in Aurelio's body holding up.
DanAn

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:06 pm

I think Dossena did enough to show that, while Aurelio is out, Insua should be LB. Aurelio must be running out of chances to prove he isn't The Kewell e2. I think he's a decent LB, but if he's never fit he's no f in use. Still reckon Arbeloa looked half-decent at LB way back, but we sold Finnan so that's not an option anymore with Degen who f in nose where
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:17 pm

Insua looks to me is poised and quite steady. At least you will know what you get. Dossena tbh, I never watched him played or heard of him before he came to Liverpool. So, hard for me to say if he is the same player when he was in Italy. Regardless of how he played before, he seems to me as a left footed Josemi (enough said). I think he is the kind of player that is not suited for big 4 club. He might play well for some middle tiered team that is well under the radar. He just can't handle the spot light I think. In fact, we have a lot of players like this on this team. Playing scared and not motivated enough to win.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:28 pm

EMILIANO INSUA

Position: Defender, Left Back 
Date of Birth: 07/01/1989, 19 years old 
Height: 5'8 
Weight: 12st 2 
1st team games:
1st team goals:
Former clubs: Boca Juniors 
Birth Place: Buenos Aires, Argentina 

Argentinean starlet Emiliano Insua is one of the brightest hopes among Liverpool's reserve ranks.

The left-back has impressed during a handful of first-team appearances since making his debut against Portsmouth on April 28, 2007.

He was also a key man as Gary Ablett's second string clinched the national title in 2007-08.

Insua started out at Boca Juniors, though never played a first-team game at La Bombonera.

Noted for his attacking prowess, he is a regular for Argentina Under-20s and helped them win the 2007 FIFA World Cup.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:47 pm

Insua must be seen as the back up to Aurelio ahead of Dossena.
It's another one of those 'I know it's early but....' scenarios, he's looked a couple of notches above what we have in that position but has yet to face a real test in opposition. However he's young and still learning and deserves a run of games to gain experience and really show what he's made of.

As for Dossena, I really think that Rafa has dropped a major bollok signing him. It's blatantly clear that he may have looked a decent option in Italy but considering the Premier League is played about 10 times faster he hasn't adapted.

Out of the three options we have at LB I'd say that Aurelio and Insua are on a par, Aurelio being first choice only because of experience at the moment.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:49 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:he's looked a couple of notches above what we have in that position but has yet to face a real test in opposition.

Bacary Sagna wwould beg to differ.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:10 pm

I was surprised by how he played today , i expected him to be raped by arsenal , but he held his own and played well . Should be given a run of games to see if he can do it consistently
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:20 pm

He's great on footie manager as well

:D

On a serious note, I am pleased that one of 'our' talents finally start to show something that can possibly be top 4-material
RedBen
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion