Argentinian on loan - Emiliano insua

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:06 pm

this was in the echo today;

Reds close in on teen star Nov 22 2006

EXCLUSIVE by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are close to snapping up Argentina starlet Emiliano Insua in a deal worth around £1m.

The 17-year-old left-back arrived on Merseyside today from legendary South American club Boca Juniors.

He'll be at Anfield in time to watch tonight's Champions League clash with PSV.

It's anticipated he'll initially sign on loan until the end of the season, with the deal agreed to make the move permanent next summer.

Insua is part of the exciting Argentine Under-20 side who are currently world champions at their level, and his arrival is part of an ongoing strategy by Rafa Benitez to recruit elite youngsters from across the world and provide a stable foundation for the future of the club.

Chief scouts Frank McParland and Eduardo Macia have been entrusted to scour the globe for potential stars of the future.

Insua comes into that category, having been spotted excelling for his country's youth team, and there are expected to be more recruits in the New Year.

Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona were tracking Insua, but Liverpool were the first to show an interest in the teenager, prompting him to reject recent moves from Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford.

There are those at Anfield who believe Insua could challenge for a first team spot before the end of this season, and will certainly be an option in time for the 2007-08 campaign.

Good to see new blood in the ranks, and the likes of Aurelio/Riise/Warnock will be monitoring this lads progress. Not much you can say without seeing him though. still, lets hope the boy settles in.

Insua     ???...........

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby jkop » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:10 pm

Cheers for the update red37, the young Insua will have to be good to keep our wee Riise out of the team. :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:52 am

YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:42 am

:censored: me, he looks a bit like Franco Zola!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:43 am

Surely if this guy settles in well, Warnock's gonna be on his way out.

I know Rafa likes to have options for each position, but 4 Left Backs?

I can't see Aurelio going after just one season, and he'd have to be nuts to get rid of JAR, so it must be Warnock.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:11 pm

I don't think Aurelio will be at Anfield for long. I can see him being sold in January or in the summer!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:30 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I don't think Aurelio will be at Anfield for long. I can see him being sold in January

If this happens I will put my testes in between my legs like a women and run bollocko onto Anfield in the derby.

He is bedding in and working on his defensive game. He looks more of a footballer than a lot of our squad at the moment.
Last edited by Rafa D on Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:36 pm

You guys, you tend to forget he is only 17, surly he is another youngster who needs to improve inorder to get a first team opportunity. He is more of a long term player, so Warnock won't be going anywhere.

You can expect this guy to play regularly in 2 year times or 3... i hope
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:50 pm

Hopefully the end off Riise isint too far away.   Cant wait for the day the horrible :censored: leaves.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:52 pm

murphy0151 wrote:Hopefully the end off Riise isint too far away.   Cant wait for the day the horrible :censored: leaves.

Cue the dogs!
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:02 pm

Perhaps a little disturbing that all our young talent seems to be taken from abroad rather than developed at home.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:19 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Perhaps a little disturbing that all our young talent seems to be taken from abroad rather than developed at home.

You do my fuc.kin tits in!

Every single one of your posts is either a moan,whinge or something negative about LFC!

You never post anything merely positive or even seem to like anything about Liverpool FC...you yap about the manager,about the players and now your fu.cking disturbed cause we are signing young foriegn talent!

Do yourself a favour and go and support a team that will actually give you something to smile about!
66-1120597113

Postby alessandromagno » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:23 pm

Just pointing out a fact. Where are the Owens, Fowlers and Gerrards these days?...I advise you to take an anadin and calm down. Shooting your mouth off proves nothing.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:59 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Just pointing out a fact. Where are the Owens, Fowlers and Gerrards these days?...I advise you to take an anadin and calm down. Shooting your mouth off proves nothing.

Why does it matter where the talent comes from?

People were moaning about the fact Wenger had cornered the foreign market the other day and now when Rafa signs someone who is foreign, people argue we are not bringing through youth development!?!

A passport does not matter, if he is good enough. English talent has been drying up for years much to the deteriment of our national team. Why do you think Rooney, Walcott, Richards all have or had very inflated prices? English talent is rare these days.

I am all for us getting in young foreign talent, the best player should play.

And for the record:

Paul Anderson, Jack Hobbs, Adam Hamill and James Smith are all thought of very highly in our youth setup. People should look at the bigger picture instead of posting silly , uneducated posts.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:07 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
alessandromagno wrote:Perhaps a little disturbing that all our young talent seems to be taken from abroad rather than developed at home.

You do my fuc.kin tits in!

Every single one of your posts is either a moan,whinge or something negative about LFC!

You never post anything merely positive or even seem to like anything about Liverpool FC...you yap about the manager,about the players and now your fu.cking disturbed cause we are signing young foriegn talent!

Do yourself a favour and go and support a team that will actually give you something to smile about!

Well in
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion