Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:46 am

A.B. wrote:you fat fecking OOTER.

:D :laugh:

Finally! Some sense! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:46 am

Now I'm going to bed--so you have the chance to get the last word in again Lando, you thick t*wa*t you.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:47 am

:eyebrow

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:51 am

alessandromagno wrote:Now I'm going to bed--so you have the chance to get the last word in again Lando, you thick t*wa*t you.

Thank feck you're going to bed. We don't have to read any more sh!te until the next time you post.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:51 am

alessandromagno wrote:Perhaps a little disturbing that all our young talent seems to be taken from abroad rather than developed at home.

What are you talking about man if the player has enough quality then does it really matter what country he comes from?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:26 am

I've known in the last months a guy from Chile that knows throrughly the CHilean, Brazilian and Argentinian league. He has bombarded the Spanish forums with info about players, some interesting like Matias Fernandez, some that are not.

And I asked yesterday a full report about this player. He has answered back that he knows very little about him ??? which is strange coming form him, but that he'll research. I'll translate it for you. I guess it's a signing up for the reserves team, right?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:40 am

bavlondon wrote:
alessandromagno wrote:Perhaps a little disturbing that all our young talent seems to be taken from abroad rather than developed at home.

What are you talking about man if the player has enough quality then does it really matter what country he comes from?

apart from which you are wide of the mark:

Anderson, Hobbs, Carson, Martin, even Pennant, Crouch, Bellamy etc.. to name but a few. All british based;  all prospects recruited by Benitez. Regardless of the light in which you offer their assessment. The Acadamy is far from neglected either, it still has a vital role in the future of the clubs production line of talent.  I suspect though, whether the essence of your comment lies more within some discriminatory xenophobic perspective, as opposed to a balanced, reasoned derivation with which it should of been considered...leaves quite a bit to be desired.  I dont suggest for one moment you are alluding to any 'prejudice' of a more sinister nature in Rafa Benitez' policies outside the facts that you fail to acknowledge the concept of simple economics in the first place.....and hold any apparant cogniscent grasp of the current transfer markets inflated fluctuation as a whole.  Player development is of course evident at Liverpool, maybe the onus of which has lessened as a result of having 'more choice'. Thats a direct result of the so-called european 'common-market'  (its not another name for the bargain bin though...).  This club will continue to attract players of all denomination/purpose/origins by way of its status as an international football institution that operates at the very edge of sporting excellence, yet without destabilising its financial security along the way.  not through any flawed ignorance in arguing the merits of its selection process.  Ultimately whether or not foreign recruits make the grade abroad, is an entirely different issue. What isnt in doubt is the facts.  Know them.  :cool:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby alessandromagno » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:12 pm

Do we have a young player at present of the calibre of Owen, Fowler, Gerrard, Carragher, Mcmanaman, Fairclough, Tommy Smith, Lawler, Callaghan?

I rest my case. We should be nurturing local talent and not making fanfares over kids like Barragan who run back to Spain a year after signing.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:25 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Do we have a young player at present of the calibre of Owen, Fowler, Gerrard, Carragher, Mcmanaman, Fairclough, Tommy Smith, Lawler, Callaghan?

I rest my case. We should be nurturing local talent and not making fanfares over kids like Barragan who run back to Spain a year after signing.

So what clubs do have these exciting young english talents that you are referring to ?
Because United Arsenal and Chelsea arent bringing players through very often are they ?

The players that you listed come over a long period of time and its very rare that one club would have many coming through at the same time that are of that category.

I think this criticism of the club that you are labelling is so wide of the mark its untrue.
Rafa since he has been here has emphasised that youth is the key as he cant compete with Chelsea and United, rather like Wenger has been doing and in a couple of seasons we will reap the benefits.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:39 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Maybe for some of you your appreciation of LFC begins with Rafa or Houllier. Personally I am perhaps more discriminating as I have supported the Reds for 35 years and am from Kirkby down the road. I remember the growth days under Shankly when for a long time we were second in the city to Everton. I remember the championships won under Shanks, the first FA Cup win against Leeds, the disappointment of losing at Wembley to Arsenal when Heighway--now in charge of the youth team scored a great angled goal from the left wing only for us to eventually lose to Arsenal 2-1.  I remember the glory days after Shanks retired and handed over the reins to Paisley, the glory of 4 European Cups and the deep sadness of Heysel and Hillsborough.

I think I've earned the right to critcise and a board like this really makes little sense if all the posts only talk of sweetness and light. Like the director who resigned, I don't see that Rafa's summer acquisitions have improved our results or style of play. I also don't feel he gave  Cisse or Pongolle much of a chance and his present treatment of Fowler is also baffling--and I have a right to say those things. Finally, I expect to still be red at heart long after Rafa has left the city.

You know, everything you've posted today suggests that this lifelong support you speak of is rubbish and that you're really just a wind-up merchant.  It's sad really.  :sleep
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby alessandromagno » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:43 pm

Can I ask what is "bad" about you, Bob? Is it just your attitude.

For your information, my friend, lots of supporters think exactly as I do.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:50 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Can I ask what is "bad" about you, Bob? Is it just your attitude.

For your information, my friend, lots of supporters think exactly as I do.

Clueless and vaguely xenophobic 'supporters' like yourself do exist, true.  Thankfully, you lot are much thinner on the ground than you'd like to believe.

And, I ain't your friend sunshine.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby alessandromagno » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:56 pm

My friend, did you notice that you and I seem to be the only people  bothering with this topic anymore?
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:24 pm

alessandromagno wrote:My friend, did you notice that you and I seem to be the only people  bothering with this topic anymore?

Easily solved...I intend to ignore your wind-up merchant antics from here on.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 67-1161385641 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:28 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:a multi-national institution.

I hoping you're not referring to Liverpool football club here, the rest of your post is spot on, minus the insults and swearing, but please refrain from calling Liverpool a "multi-national institution".

On a side note can' we all be friends? We all support the same club; we just have different opinions in how the club should be run and what needs to be done to achieve that one common goal we share. We all share that common goal, we just employ different methods and ideologies to achieve this, and we should be united, not bickering like Lee Bowyer and Kieran Dyer.
67-1161385641

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion