Early impressions - For ****** sake

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue May 06, 2008 11:18 pm

I honestly can't believe the stick Insua is getting on here. The lads played a handful of games for the club and people are already getting the pitchforks out for him.

So he might not of been Roberto Carlos or Steve Nicol in those early performances, but the lad is young and still trying to bed his way into the first team. We can't expect a player so young to be a world star so quickly. He's still learning the language, he's still trying to feel at home with the other first teamers and more importantly he's trying to get to grips with the pace of the premiership. It's a very different style between reserves and first team. So give the lad a chance, and stop whinging already that he's average. He's one of the brightest prospects the club has, and in time will make the left back position his own with any luck.

I just really think it shines a bad light on us as fans when people are whinging about the lack of youngsters coming through, then one does break through, he's slaughtered just because he's not a world beater in his first five or six games. I have high hopes for the lad, and hope he along with four or five others youngsters can really stake a claim in our starting eleven from next year. The talent is there, and it'll allow Rafa Benitez the chance of saving on millions of money so he can buy quality in the positions our youngsters aren't yet capable of filling.

Next season onwards Insua should be our left back if Gareth Barry has been signed as a central midfielder. Nemeth should be making the step up to replace Voronin. Spearing should be ahead of Lucas in the pecking order. Martin as back up keeper. Darby is a quality right back in the reserves, and may also make the grade. But if these players aren't the world stars many of us think they are in their first 10 games, don't get on their backs and knock their confidence even more. Give them a couple of months, let them get used to the same players and pace of the premiership.

Same goes for new signings. This lad Degen is already being labelled as not good enough by fans, without even seeing him play in a Liverpool shirt. Barry is already getting stick because none of the other top four want him, which is a pathetic statement in itself. We've been linked with Maik Taylor apparently, and I don't personally want him at Liverpool, but I'll reserve judgement if he's good enough to play for us, after he's played a string of games.

We keep being told that Rafa Benitez needs time to get it right. He needs time to gel the players together to get them used to one another, well that works both ways. The players need time as well. Only the manager can tell if he thinks the player is good enough for the club or not, but no manager can make that decision based on five or six games. Players need time to settle and time to gel and I just think far to many fans are getting on the backs of players so quickly. Yes we all crave instant success because it's been far to long since we had success in the league, but to expect these kids to walk in and become instant heroes with the fans at Anfield and around the globe is total nonesense.

Lets try and reserve criticism on our players for a little longer shall we. If Barry comes in the summer and misses two penalties on the opening day I can already see people saying "10 million down the drain" or "why did we lose Riise for this" Just give the new lads (signings and new youngsters bedding) some bedding in time first.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby neil » Tue May 06, 2008 11:23 pm

Barry misses 2 pens? ffs get shut
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 06, 2008 11:28 pm

I can't say I have seen any criticism of Insua, most people including myself seem to think he had a good game?
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue May 06, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue May 06, 2008 11:32 pm

s@int wrote:I can't say I have seen any criticism of Insua, most people including myself seem to think he had a good game?

in the "what do liverpool need" thread saint. there's two or three already saying drop him. it was readin that which got me thinkin about this one.

there might be more examples of him being called average already, but that's the one that springs to mind.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 06, 2008 11:51 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
s@int wrote:I can't say I have seen any criticism of Insua, most people including myself seem to think he had a good game?

in the "what do liverpool need" thread saint. there's two or three already saying drop him. it was readin that which got me thinkin about this one.

there might be more examples of him being called average already, but that's the one that springs to mind.

To be fair to Stu, he usually calls them right when he gives his opinion on players. No matter how irritating it is to admit it  :D 

I think he got it wrong about Pennant so maybe Insua still has a slim chance of making it  :D

Postby JoeTerp » Wed May 07, 2008 12:02 am

the other person that slagged Insua off was someone who couldn't spell to save his life.  And stu didn't really say anything bad necessarily, "Insua??? please......"   I guess that could also be interpreted as he certainly hasn't proven enough to stand up and be counted as a top of the table premiership left back.

I am Insua's personal defender on this site, and even I wasn't offended much or tacked aback by the comments. and certainly on the overall, lots of positive things to say about Emmy (read from another forum when I was reading about the Dallas trip, some Dallas LFC fan did some in depth reporting and was able to get pretty close to the ressies, apparently his nickname is Emmy.  Also the only words he said was " :censored: off" and "Fcuking 'ell")
JoeTerp

Postby Thingy » Wed May 07, 2008 12:36 am

Someone said somethin smiliar yesterday too, saying we should sell Gerardo Bruna. Same with Insua, a top talent in the making, played a handful of games, in Brunas case hes only played in the reserves, yet they think we should sell them. When Voronin was scorin at the start of the season someone said he would outscore Torres, now look at him.  Some people need to give them a chance.
Thingy

Postby Kukilon » Wed May 07, 2008 12:58 am

Most people seem to rate Insua very highly if you ask me.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed May 07, 2008 1:32 am

this isn't about insua alone, it's about giving all the lads time in general.

people expert these youngsters to be brought in and instantly become the world stars. unless you're something special (gerrard, rooney) you don't become overnight hits. it takes a long process and to many fans are jumping on the backs of players to quickly.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Rush Job » Wed May 07, 2008 1:34 am

Needs to concentrate on defending then how to put a decent ball in the box, you need your fullback to keep it simple you cant go off on a mazy run eveytime you get the ball in the prem ( from watchin ressies ). All in all loads of talent but needs to learn his possition, put him out on loan and have him scrap it out at the bottom  like Guthrie then we`ll see what he`s made of.
Whether a team in a scrap would want a 5ft fullback is another matter.
Last edited by Rush Job on Wed May 07, 2008 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 07, 2008 1:38 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I honestly can't believe the stick Insua is getting on here. The lads played a handful of games for the club and people are already getting the pitchforks out for him.

So he might not of been Roberto Carlos or Steve Nicol in those early performances, but the lad is young and still trying to bed his way into the first team. We can't expect a player so young to be a world star so quickly. He's still learning the language, he's still trying to feel at home with the other first teamers and more importantly he's trying to get to grips with the pace of the premiership. It's a very different style between reserves and first team. So give the lad a chance, and stop whinging already that he's average. He's one of the brightest prospects the club has, and in time will make the left back position his own with any luck.

I just really think it shines a bad light on us as fans when people are whinging about the lack of youngsters coming through, then one does break through, he's slaughtered just because he's not a world beater in his first five or six games. I have high hopes for the lad, and hope he along with four or five others youngsters can really stake a claim in our starting eleven from next year. The talent is there, and it'll allow Rafa Benitez the chance of saving on millions of money so he can buy quality in the positions our youngsters aren't yet capable of filling.

Next season onwards Insua should be our left back if Gareth Barry has been signed as a central midfielder. Nemeth should be making the step up to replace Voronin. Spearing should be ahead of Lucas in the pecking order. Martin as back up keeper. Darby is a quality right back in the reserves, and may also make the grade. But if these players aren't the world stars many of us think they are in their first 10 games, don't get on their backs and knock their confidence even more. Give them a couple of months, let them get used to the same players and pace of the premiership.

Same goes for new signings. This lad Degen is already being labelled as not good enough by fans, without even seeing him play in a Liverpool shirt. Barry is already getting stick because none of the other top four want him, which is a pathetic statement in itself. We've been linked with Maik Taylor apparently, and I don't personally want him at Liverpool, but I'll reserve judgement if he's good enough to play for us, after he's played a string of games.

We keep being told that Rafa Benitez needs time to get it right. He needs time to gel the players together to get them used to one another, well that works both ways. The players need time as well. Only the manager can tell if he thinks the player is good enough for the club or not, but no manager can make that decision based on five or six games. Players need time to settle and time to gel and I just think far to many fans are getting on the backs of players so quickly. Yes we all crave instant success because it's been far to long since we had success in the league, but to expect these kids to walk in and become instant heroes with the fans at Anfield and around the globe is total nonesense.

Lets try and reserve criticism on our players for a little longer shall we. If Barry comes in the summer and misses two penalties on the opening day I can already see people saying "10 million down the drain" or "why did we lose Riise for this" Just give the new lads (signings and new youngsters bedding) some bedding in time first.

Calm down.  Calm down.

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Rush Job » Wed May 07, 2008 1:41 am

Bad Bob wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I honestly can't believe the stick Insua is getting on here. The lads played a handful of games for the club and people are already getting the pitchforks out for him.

Calm down.  Calm down.

:D

And from a mod. :D
Feckin hate us in yellow.
Last edited by Rush Job on Wed May 07, 2008 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed May 07, 2008 1:41 am

:laugh:
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 07, 2008 2:12 am

:laugh:

Postby The_Rock » Wed May 07, 2008 2:42 am

Hold the horse.........Did anyone even complain about INSUA in the 1st place ? Most of the ppl here were praising his effort if i am not wrong.

As for the Bruna dude, i am pretty sure no-one has complained about him too.....I have seen him score a goal only where he dribbled past the whole opposition and hit a screamer. This guy is the real deal. Soon we will be saying our team has 4 world class players (torres, gerrard, mascherano and bruna)...

As for degen....he is $h1t and you can quote me on that...  I rather we kept finnan and arbeloa as they are much much better than degen. I have not seen degen play (how can i when he doesn't even make the 1st eleven for his Borussia Dortmund team ? As you have said...i rather give a chance for Darby as a RB. If he is still not ready, then i would give a go to Spearing (its about time..surely)....yes, he plays in the middle of the park, but he has also featured in a few matches as a RB.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion