Double deal imminent in january - Exclusive

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mighty mo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:31 pm

not one winger but two,finally some wingplay is going to be seen in a liverpool shirt after a long hibernation
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:38 pm

metalhead wrote:when does the stadium finish?

It hasnt even started yet, I dont think its going ahead anyway they will announce the details at the next AGM meeting, its costing 750.000 a month with all this delay. How many players could we have bought in a year alone at them costs?
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:08 pm

Still think joaquin is the better buy, i think we could get him for around the 13m mark. In light we were going to spend close to that on simao end of August, and we must still have some spare cash for a defender, Simao looks a good player but joaquin is more of an out and out right winger just what we need.Gonzalez and a fit kewell back to his best to do a job on left.Joaquin on right then a young pacy centre back as to replace hypia.With cisse still probably going kuijt to replace him.But getting simao for 8m in january when we got turned down with a 10m offer recently doesn't come true for me.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:19 pm

the question about whether simao and gonzalez are right or left sided players is interesting. as both of them can play either side it could offer us a style of play that i love to see - the two wide men swapping sides throughout the game. look at the way robben and duff, giggs/park and ronaldo, and other top teams with top wide men swap wings when they're on their game. defenders hate it, any kind of man marking goes to pot and the constant adjustments the defending team have to make opens up all sorts of space.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:25 pm

slaughter me gently on this  :p  but, i cant help dreaming of how our stadium would look and indeed stand proud and  spectacular on the kings dock site.... think bayern's extravagence alongside an absolute MASSIVE crest, and i mean 50 maybe 60 feet high! permenantly lit and beacon like in its 'cosmopolitan' perch rotating 'above the roofline...maybe one at each end, to reflect the two mystical stone ones up the road..imagine visitors going weak at the stomach at the vision of it,for the sheer scale of it. the 'prescence' of such an ampitheatre... of dreams? no, of class mate!

then, imagine a night game..the derby,an FA cup tie. a champions league clash with real or inter, say..

it of course isnt going to happen. and maybe the view i have portrayed of my club and its prospected new home is the suff of 'fantasy' also. maybe wrongly so?  but other than the proposed stanley park project, or the unrealistic redeveloping of anfield to meet a commercially 'fashionable' level playing field (npi).. there is bound to be frustration. at all levels.for a long time yet.

is it too much to ask the keepers of this club to remain true to shankly's vision ON the pitch for a couple more seasons at least?

or have we gone past that. are bricks and mortar now paramount to generating invincibility once again? sadly and for all the 'world class' additions and their aspirations aside, im afraid money talks. the new bastion.

personally though 'romantically' id rather see the investment out on the pitch right now than represented corporately....unless there are two abramoviches in the world.
sharp thing to say but, eventually and if all our dreams are to be fulfilled, theres going to have to be.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby neil » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:31 pm

are'nt property prices falling pretty drastically, relatively speaking? why not wait? (cat , pidgeons)
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:59 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Still think joaquin is the better buy, i think we could get him for around the 13m mark. In light we were going to spend close to that on simao end of August, and we must still have some spare cash for a defender, Simao looks a good player but joaquin is more of an out and out right winger just what we need.Gonzalez and a fit kewell back to his best to do a job on left.Joaquin on right then a young pacy centre back as to replace hypia.With cisse still probably going kuijt to replace him.But getting simao for 8m in january when we got turned down with a 10m offer recently doesn't come true for me.

13 million you are having a laugh,his buyout clause is around 25 to 30 million pounds
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:08 pm

Betis need the money and joaquin wants to leave so if there are no takers or bidders in january then 13m close to they might except it. The only team i could see showing an interest would be madrid.You never know!!!!!!!!1
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:24 pm

I'd be very wary of any reports from so called exclusive sources such as what 'Clubcall' are, they tend to be the kind of exclusives advertised on teletext as "Stunning signing made by Liverpool that will rock the world of football" and it then turns out to be someone like Jean-Michel Ferri. The Simao story was supposedly revealed in the papers last week and the Gonzalez deal was pretty much done and dusted apart from the work permit back in the summer and is on some sort of 'LOAN' to albacete until he is either given a work permit of until he gets his spanish pasport next summer ('06).

There is a bit of a mystical aura surrounding Joaquin; don't get me wrong he is undoubtedly a quality winger that is capable of being the worlds best winger but he is still a very rough diamond that can be very frustrating to the watching fans, examples of this are things like beating one or two players and instead of putting a cross in he'll go and try to beat them again, I've also seen instancs of him trying to walk through defences on his own when there has been a quite simple ball on that could have proven to be killer passes. Signing Joaquin would undoubtedly be a coup for Rafa and he club but in reality it is ever likely to happen; those of you who follow the Spanish footy on $ky will have heard the ec=xcellent Guillem Balague rporting that it is know secret that Joaquin has a desire to play for 'Los Shiticos' in Madrid and they want him but as yet a deal has never been struck.

[quote]As for Simao, he looks good for Benfica, but the fact that he flopped at Barcelona makes me a bit more cautious about signing him.

The reason that simao was considered a flop in his time at Barca as far as i am aware was because he was brought in on the back of Figo leaving and he was given the unrealistic expectation of filling his boots which was very unfair given his young age at the time, now he seems to have been allowed to develop his own game and reputation without such a big expectation weighing him down.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:42 am

AlanHansen wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I think Rafa will wait and see how Gonzalez plays upon his return from injury before he offers any dosh.

Nah, he was willing to sign him injured wasn't he?

Only on loan.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shankly turns in his grave » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:48 am

I wouldn't get over excited about simao sabrosa if I was you, if we do sign him. I watched him for Benfica against man Utd, ok he scored a free kick, but I was not overly impressed.

He's not that good,
Shankly turns in his grave

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:55 am

red37 wrote:simao is he left or right sided?

against man utd he was deployed on the left. and bearing in mind the much anticipated..."second coming" of kewell, or  even the third...fourth etc. added to gonzales who i presume to be also in favour of that area of the park (should he be given a permit). plus, not forgetting the unfortunate riise and  the profligate zenden..... this would if correct, produce far too many 'jacks of all, master of none' scenarios .. unless its too much to ask that at least one of the above manage to cement the position for their own,firmly?

can someone clarify this please.

that still leaves a dearth of office at right wing/midfield, even if the mooted transfer of simao transpires should he actually be any good on that side of the pitch...

as expensive as he is.. and possibly justifiably so, given the markets present imbalance (ahem.. RA!) allied to the 'fact' that the boy can play a bit, not-withstanding the required physical prowess thats met, amply so. i still hold out a slither of hope that rafa is both capable enough and willing enough to test Betis' hand after christmas. as well as the procurement of gonzales (hyped?)... none of us here can claim to know better than benitez, at what he wants in his team and who he feels best suited for it, but i repeat, (btw i hear you when you are saying...its not going to happen).  joaquin is as near as dammit 'the' perfect 'type' of player we could profit from..in this current set-up i hasten to add. and unless there is another similar, cheaper alternative out there, well just have to remain patient and see..

simao just looks a little frail..which is unfair, i know. however at the moment the very last thing we need is another technically gifted headless chicken of a playmaker bereft in a foreign land, sat warming the bench next to 2 or 3 'battlers' who've never seen the length of a pitch, never mind had the good fortune to even find out.

ok so the joaquin debate seems irrelevant, though it isnt quite dead in the water and it will surely rumble on until well after germany...but it would be a crying shame if somewhere in this world, be it uruguay or half way down utting avenue, even. that there isnt a strong fast right midfielder, committed and able to 'whip' a ball in anywhere.

"Have you swallowed a dictionary?"...

...Is no doubt what you've been waiting to hear?

Well I'm afraid grammar, syntax and structure are just as important as using uncommon words.
My advice; go back to school and take your English GCSE again. It may help you.  :eyebrow

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:55 am

Shankly turns in his grave wrote:I wouldn't get over excited about simao sabrosa if I was you, if we do sign him. I watched him for Benfica against man Utd, ok he scored a free kick, but I was not overly impressed.

He's not that good,

How can you judge a player on one game you silly tw@t?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:57 am

has no one woken up to the fact yet that this fella is hustler?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:01 am

Yeh i just realised once I read his other 2 posts. I was supsicious as soon as I saw his screename tbh.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion