Carlos tevez! - Loan deal imminent.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiralstairs00 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:49 pm

Liverpool have reportedly agreed the loan signing of Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez for the coming season. Boca Juniors have released a press statement saying negotiations have been ongoing for the past three weeks & they have reluctantly decided to let the unhappy player join the european champions. Liverpool have been looking for another striker for a while now & Tevez joining surely signs the end for Baros who recently claimed he wanted to stay at Liverpool. Source Reuters. YNWA
spiralstairs00

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:54 pm

Liverpool have reportedly

:O  :help  :O
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:54 pm

I really hope this story is accurate. I saw him play for Argentina during the olympics and this guy is world class. Headers, left foots, right foots, pace. This guy has everything. What puzzles me is why only on loan and not just permanent?

And p.s. where is this story from?
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:00 pm

yawn!.. :sleep  lets keep the rumours where they belong eh?
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:05 pm

Didn't Tevez join Corinthians from Boca Juniors last season?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:28 pm

XSD wrote:Didn't Tevez join Corinthians from Boca Juniors last season?

Yeah I did initially think that because Corinthians have come into a lot of money recently because their club has been taken over by someone.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:30 pm

"In December 2004, he transferred to Corinthians for 20 million US Dollars plus a five year contract of 10 million US Dollars, the biggest transfer ever in South American football."

So I don't see him coming to Anfield, at least not for reasonable fee.
Last edited by Pablo_Escobar on Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:33 pm

Tevez is a Corinthian player and no longer a Boca player although he is always in their heart.

Corinthians in Brasil and CSKA Moscow are two holding pens for Abrahamovich's international signings until Mourinho needs them. Abe has so many players that he doesn't know what to do with them. Abrahamovich's group runs things in Corinthians and though they MAY loan him out to us, I would suspect something dubious.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:41 pm

The rumours are really flying now. Come forward Carols Tevez  ??? , like who the heck is he lol. Aww man this just gets better by the minute  :laugh:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:08 pm

lol...
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:38 pm

yawn..yawn.. all this rumour bull sh1t is putting me to :sleep
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:21 pm

parchpea wrote:The rumours are really flying now. Come forward Carols Tevez  ??? , like who the heck is he lol. Aww man this just gets better by the minute  :laugh:

This is the profile on Tevez.  So I seriously doubt he'd come to us, even on loan.  Another day, another rumour!!!

Carlos Alberto Tévez (born February 5, 1984) is an Argentine football striker who made his name with Argentine giant Boca Juniors and currently plays for Brazil's Corinthians. He is currently regarded as one of the most promising and desired prospects in the world, and his fellow Argentinians often refer to him as the next Maradona.

He was born and raised in the humble neighbourhood of Ejército de Los Andes, known as "Fuerte Apache", from where he got the nickname of Apache. Carlitos has a scar from the right ear to his chest, product of a burn with boiling water when only ten months of age. He declined plastic surgery since he would have to be off the playground for four months.

He joined Boca at 13 years old, and played his first professional match with Boca on October 21, 2001 against Talleres de Córdoba. Then played for the team until the end of 2004. With Boca Juniors he won an Argentine Championship (2003), a Copa Libertadores (2003), an Intercontinental Cup (2003), and a Copa Sudamericana (2004).

Tévez was essential for Boca's victory in the 2003 Copa Libertadores, but his greatest achievement was during the 2004 Olympic games, where he obtained the gold medal with his team, and made eight goals in six matches to be the top scorer of the competition. He also participated in the 2004 Copa América, helping Argentina to the runner-up spot.

The Argentine Football Writers elected him as Footballer of the Year 2003 and 2004, and also Sportsman of the Year 2004. He was named the world's second Top Goal Scorer 2004 (International Federation of Football History and Statistics) with 16 goals, one less than Ali Daei from Iran.

In December 2004, he transferred to Corinthians for 20 million US Dollars plus a five year contract of 10 million US Dollars, the biggest transfer ever in South American football.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:21 am

Tevez is class no doubt about it. If we do sign him, it'll be a good step into creating a foundation for the future if he is young.

But he is a Corinthians player (why i don't know, Boca to an Brazillian team, i was expecting somewhere in Spain or Italy) so I think this rumour is full of :censored:. I reckon this is just popping up from bored Journalists or rumour spreaders due to Maradonna's comments about Liverpool winning the Champions League since he is a Boca God
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:14 am

Can't seem much truth too this, but I would love to see us tap into the South American market which is realistic with the number of Spaniards we have at the club. Guys like Tevez, Figueroa (now at Villareal) and Robinho (could be moving to Madrid) are very talented players and I would love to see a guy like Tevez at the club, a real star in the making.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:10 am

Why not get Ronaldinho or Kaka instead ? Lol...
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion