Deisler bid imminent

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:15 pm

After his injury, he had a long bout with depression.

I remembered Mark Viduka had a depression problem shortly after joining Celtic and went walkabout for 1 month or so. He turned out OK but has a violent streak. Perhaps this was a result of the depression...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:33 pm

Patrice Loko, former French international who was part of the same French side as Lizarazu, Petit, Duggary, Zidanne and Djourkeaff in the mid 1990s was tipped to be one of the stars of European football, but he went nuts and ended up in a looney bin.

Our own King Kenny cracked under the pressure back in 1991.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby barnesrush » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:45 pm

often wondered what happened to loko. now hes loco!!!
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:14 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Patrice Loko, former French international who was part of the same French side as Lizarazu, Petit, Duggary, Zidanne and Djourkeaff in the mid 1990s was tipped to be one of the stars of European football, but he went nuts and ended up in a looney bin.

Our own King Kenny cracked under the pressure back in 1991.

:D  :p   :D   :Oo:   :D
Al that money and they're all fking nuts ?
I'm crackin' up .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:58 pm

King Kenny cracked under pressure but did not went cuckoo - 2 different things.

I was in uni in Norwich in 1991 when Kenny suddenly resigned after we drew Everton 4-4 in an FA Cup tie. If I remembered correctly, Peter Beardsley was let go to Everton and he and Ablett played very well in that game and the replay which Liverpool lost. We were also leading (or was it near leading) the old First Division and was dicing with Arsenal for the title.

I think King Kenny later said that he had to "get out" as the pressure since Hillsborough had been unbearable and he was losing his temper all too easily at home. If he did not leave, he would have gone nuts...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:01 pm

Deisler is supposed to have been a brilliant prospect, very much like Andy Moeller when he was younger. Pity that Moeller never really made it especially at international stage. Deisler is still young but can he come back to becoma a better player or at least as good as he was before?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion