Djimi traore - New contract?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloAimar » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:25 pm

wooo hooooo 100 posts!

neway.... just read on skysports that djimi will open new contract talks soon... i thought he'd jus signed a new 4 yr contract?

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....iership

this pleases me... i hope rafa gets rid... he was ABYSMAL in the champs league final... actually he been pretty $h1t all season  :Oo:
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:45 pm

PabloAimar wrote:wooo hooooo 100 posts!

neway.... just read on skysports that djimi will open new contract talks soon... i thought he'd jus signed a new 4 yr contract?

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....iership

this pleases me... i hope rafa gets rid... he was ABYSMAL in the champs league final... actually he been pretty $h1t all season  :Oo:

To single Traore out in the CL final is fair enough but the whole team was abysmal in the first half.
In the second half the team played much better Traore included.

And i wouldnt say he has been pretty :censored: all season i think he made an improvement to previous ones.

oh well thats just my opinion.
66-1112520797

Postby MCYan » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:33 pm

Please sell Traore ASAP... as if clubs would want this piece of SHIET...
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RafatheGaffa » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:22 pm

Just a little bit harsh- the guy has come on leaps and bounds this year-easily the most improved player on the squad. How about giving him a break
RafatheGaffa

Postby L-type » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:45 am

The guys put in effort, if you want to single a guy out for putting in the effort and coming away with nothing would be Milan Baros!!  I respect Traore, but in the long run he isn't good enoguh.  If he leaves I wish him the best, and hoep he'll get the move to PSG that he wants.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:44 am

MCYan wrote:Please sell Traore ASAP... as if clubs would want this piece of SHIET...

Firstly your statment is just stupid, how would we be able to sell him if nobody 'would want this piece of SHIET...'

I dont understand why people would want him to leave, ok, maybe he doesnt have the ability to cement a first team spot (especially as we continue to buy over the coming seasons!), but he is decent back-up both as left back and i also think Rafa see's him as cover in the long term for the centre backs.
He improved a whole heap under Rafa last season, and will only continue to do so.
Keeping Djimi is a much better option than buying the likes of Pellegrino, yes he WAS good,(key word being WAS) but when he came he was simply over the hill, so between the likes of him and Traore, Traore winds hands down.

Traore is also still young and as i said can still improve under the coaching team, but more to the point he has the right attitude to be a LIVERPOOL player, he spent many a time on the bench under GH, but he never complained (the only time he did was when GH had gone!) he didnt want to rock the boat, but rather kepp quiet and stay patient (and look what that got him - A champions league {oh yea WINNERS btw} medal!!).

When he had the option of going to EvertS.*i*e last season, he agian decided that he wanted to stay and FIGHT for a place. This is the attitude I WANT to see from our players, be they first team regulars or squad/reserve players.

Just look at any of the CL Final footage and you can see how happy he is and just how much it meant to him, as I say that is probably due to the fact that he KNOWS that it has been a struggle to make it (and still seems to be with many fans) at LFC.
So just give the guy a break, he ALWAYS gives his all for us, despite the obvious lack of top class ability, and ALWAYS will.

I'm sure many of Djimi's detractors were happy he was on the line in the final though !!!!   :bowdown
76-1115222408

Postby 2520years » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:49 am

He was totally useless in the first half against Milan, but my guess is that it was nerves.  I'd be happy to keep him because of his improvement this season.  There's competition for his place, which is important if he goes back to how poor he used to be.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:58 pm

he's garbage. end of story. if rafa sells gerrard and keeps players like this we'll never win the league.
115-1073096938

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:01 pm

stu_the_red wrote:he's garbage. end of story. if rafa sells gerrard and keeps players like this we'll never win the league.

stu who else was garbage in his early 20's carra.  Defenders get better as they get older.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloAimar » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:15 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:he's garbage. end of story. if rafa sells gerrard and keeps players like this we'll never win the league.

stu who else was garbage in his early 20's carra.  Defenders get better as they get older.

if that happens, we'll buy him back.. but i doubt it. he might be a great guy but to be honest, his technique sucks. always falling over n :censored:
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby red marauder » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:24 pm

djimi's bambi on ice display in the 1st half was more than compensated for by his performance in the 2nd. We have to stick with him, he has climbed a steep learning curve under Rafa and can only improve at his age.
RED MARAUDER
red marauder

Postby MCYan » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:17 pm

He is just not good enough to play for us that's what I mean, and he is not good enough for any clubs to be interested in him...

Next season i doubt if he will ever get a chance to play.. with Riise/Warnock at LB, Kewell/Zenden at LW... He might be cover for H&C in the middle, but he is too nervous at times and makes too many mistakes... The only thing good about him is probably his pace...
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kops_revolution » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:39 pm

he's not so bad i think. he jus made an big improvement compare to last season, jus give him a chance to develop a quality player like cara'. cara' was a garbage under houlier as he played as a right back. but now he's a big influencial defender in Liv. i would say that traore would make a big impact next season.
kops_revolution

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion