Djimi traore - Keep him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby banana » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:03 pm

Traore is a good squad player. He is not very demanding, not very expensive and his ego is not a problem. He can cover both left back and the centre and he is still young. Definately a player we should keep.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby RifleRusher » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:40 pm

He has potential.. just keep him for a lil longer, see how it goes, but i think Warnock should get the first team spot..
RifleRusher

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:32 pm

if we can't get a reasonable price, keep 'em since -I understand, his salary is relatively low. But sell him if we get a good price. He's not good enough for our main line-up.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:22 pm

I think traore is the best at slide tackling in the
premiership , think we may need to sell him though
to get a little bit cash but we have a good enough
replacment in Warnock anyway . :D
kopite

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:26 pm

Djimi's performance away against Juventus proved if his concentration is not allowed to wane he can truly develop into a world class defender ,but the silly mishaps need to be erradicated from his game . 
I think Benitez given time will mould Traore into the new Thuram, but it depends on whether the Gaffer can afford him the patience
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:16 pm

the return of HAS wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:He's simply woeful and i can't for life of me see why i ever thought there was an ounce of potential there.

Not worth a carrot.

Bit harsh Stu hes saved our @rses on some occations this season.

Correction, he's saved his on @rse on some occasions this season. :D

Often his had to make up for a positional error with a recovery challenge.

well i remember the watford semi at home when carragher mistimed a clearance and the forward was clean through, djimi showed exceptional pace to get back and get a foot in.
djimi aint the finished article but as i have said here a few times he has all the natural attributes to make a good centre half. dont forget when carragher was left back people slagged him off but he developed into a top class centre half, and djimi is a lot more of a natural athlete than jamie.
djimi needs to learn when to dive in and when not to, and when to hoof it and when not to, and most importantly dont forget centre halfs dont usually hit their peak untill their late 20`s early 30`s.
i think he`s worth keeping.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:25 pm

Traore is a good squad player. He is not very demanding, not very expensive and his ego is not a problem. He can cover both left back and the centre and he is still young. Definately a player we should keep.

OMG!!!

Owen, Hyypia, Murphy and Kirkland were never good enough.

But Traore is?

Are you on crack cocaine?
115-1073096938

Postby the return of HAS » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:30 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Djimi's performance away against Juventus proved if his concentration is not allowed to wane he can truly develop into a world class defender ,but the silly mishaps need to be erradicated from his game . 
I think Benitez given time will mould Traore into the new Thuram, but it depends on whether the Gaffer can afford him the patience

LOL.

You have to be joking.

Develop into the a world class defender?

The new Thuram?

Are you crazy?
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:33 pm

No ! but I suspect Rafa has a little more football acumen than you my learned mouth piece
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:41 pm

the return of HAS wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Djimi's performance away against Juventus proved if his concentration is not allowed to wane he can truly develop into a world class defender ,but the silly mishaps need to be erradicated from his game . 

Djimi is a world class and a new young thuram?

great, sell him, buy ledley king and keep the change
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:41 pm

I didn’t mean any offence but it seems people get so carried away. Troare the new Thuram? People describing Baros and Cisse as world class? Saying that Rafa is the best manager in the world and saying we will be challenging for the title next season?

I think we as fans sometimes expect way too much. Do we really think that Rafa will be able to transform us into title contenders in 1 season? Hugely unlikely.

I say be patient, let the man do his job, don’t go over the top and put undue pressure on him. Expecting him to turn Troare into the next Thuram, what next, ask him to part the red sea?
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:53 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:
the return of HAS wrote:

Djimi is a world class and a new young thuram?

great, sell him, buy ledley king and keep the change

Ledley King ! If your going to register an opinion at least make it one I can deem plausible ,and not one I can laugh my proverbial co*k off at the mere suggestion .
I have concured with some of your views in the past Anfield but your inability to accept someone elses views leaves me dumbfounded ,once again Ledley King ?
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:02 pm

King ISN'T the answer. Traore isn't either and should be sold/binned.
115-1073096938

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:06 pm

Whats the story,
Djimi Traore,
what would yer like to know?
you`ve had yer chance,
now fu*k off to France,
On the P&O.

YOU LIKE?? HEARD ON MY WAY BACK FROM SPURS ON THE BUS. our bus broke down to! i wasnt home till 12!!

also heard......................

Igor Biscan,
he should be playing in Japan,
with his mother and his nan,
Igor biscan,...........repeat
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:21 pm

I will concede that our acclaimed Manager knows a lot more than any view forcast on this forum so thats basically the track im going to run.
Rafa was also the first to refute claims Traore was on his way to Goodison stating he saw Djimi's future at Liverpool who are we to argue with such an esteemed view ,and if his performance in Turin was a glimpse of the future then he could flourish .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion