Why? - Djimi Traore

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:29 pm

jammydodger wrote:The midfield decision was right, as was the decision to play Traore. As much as i dislike the lad, i can't;t fault him for his play yesterday, he even showed that he does posess a small attacking threat.

Did you see the game yesterday mate?

I'm assuming you didn't otherwise you couldn't possibly defend the selection of Traore.  Ok he had nothing to do with the first goal, but he had a big hand in giving away the second and his general play was pathetic.

For the second goal he got caught the wrong side of Diouf.  The central defenders had been drawn to the right, it was Traore's job to cover the run made from diouf from Bolton's right wing, he :censored: it up and they scored.

Did you also not notice how many times yesterday Traore was caught yards behind the other three defenders?  One in particular when Stelios I think it was got through one on one with Reina but was called offside, replays showed Traore had played him on.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the team and he was poor again yesterday, end of.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:55 pm

:)
115-1073096938

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:03 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Traore is a liability. Everytime he plays, we conceed. Not a coincidence.

totally agree...Djimi Liability should be sold...he's a joke waiting to happen every time he is unleashed
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:47 am

hobbes wrote:Both goals were due to keeper's fault. Its not my own opinion only but that what most football pundits commented.

Traore is not to be blamed.

We would have won the match had Kewell not been selfish. Foolish strikes and attempts to score from out of range caused us too much. Kewell was trying to prove that he is back to his old form and can score goals. He was playing not as a left winger but as a centre forward. Forcing Traore to move forward in the left. Its a waste and increased vulnarability.

Kewell is not the player for Liverpool. I know there are fans who keep faith in him, but I can tell you this, Kewell is not needed and is the actual liability.

Dear hobbes

You really need your head examined , maybe they'll locate your brain for you.

What else to do you expect from Kewell? He had one of his best games in a Red shirt, and was one of the best players on the pitch in that game IMO. Who would you replace him with?

The chances he created and some off his crosses were awesome. He is a play maker and showed it that game.

I (with the rest of the fans) have been upset with Kewell in the past, for his attitude, his participation and lack of skill in a red shirt and his injuries. But he's finally doing it, long may it continue - you numpty.

as for Traore he is to blame - FOR EVERYTHING - especially for my heart palpitations when his name appears on the teamsheet.

now b.ugger off

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:54 am

yeah, he indeed scares the bejesus out of me whenever the third official flashes his number.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Judge » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:01 am

agreed
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:14 am

Did you see the state of the firggn pitch at Bolton. Disgraceful. If they cant produce a pitch fit to play on, they should have points deducted.

The pitch had to do with team selection as much as anything else

Alonso wouldnt be able to play his normal passing game on that c rap.

Traore was put in because Bolton love to put high balls into the box. So one more head to deal with them.
tel

Postby tel » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:31 am

I've watched Bolton a couple of times this year and their tactic is to get the ball down to Davis on their right flank who holds it up until Diouf and Stelios can break into the middle. Or he wins a free kick there which suits bolton as well.

How many times do you see Davis run to the left side of the pitch to receive the ball? Almost never.

This is why Traore was picked because Davis has no pace and uses his body to hold the ball. You'd expect him to be able to deal with Davis better than warnock.

Bolton is the only game you'd expect a hack like Traore to be picked for
tel

Postby Effes » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:39 am

Riise could have coped quite easily with him
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:07 pm

tel wrote:Did you see the state of the firggn pitch at Bolton. Disgraceful. If they cant produce a pitch fit to play on, they should have points deducted.

Traore was put in because Bolton love to put high balls into the box. So one more head to deal with them.

Firstly Alonso's a class player. Class players adapt to the conditions. He passed the ball alright for Luis Garcia's goal... well i thought anyway.

As for Traore's height... so what? Wright-Phillips beats him in the air. He's shockin in the air, Riise is far far far better and about three or four times more physical.
115-1073096938

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:37 am

Perhaps Rafa played Madame to give the pile of cack a chance to earn himself a contract elsewhere.

Come on Rafa - you know he's rubbish. Pull a swap deal for Ashley Cole so we can see Cheryl Tweedy at Anfield every fortnight. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:48 am

stu_the_red wrote:
tel wrote:Did you see the state of the firggn pitch at Bolton. Disgraceful. If they cant produce a pitch fit to play on, they should have points deducted.

Firstly Alonso's a class player. Class players adapt to the conditions. He passed the ball alright for Luis Garcia's goal... well i thought anyway.

As for Traore's height... so what? Wright-Phillips beats him in the air. He's shockin in the air, Riise is far far far better and about three or four times more physical.

I'd rather argue with you about something else than Traore because you'd have to be pretty stupid to argue he's good enough for this team.

Alonso however, if you're going to rest him, the Bolton game is as good as any. Its not somewhere you're going to play your best passing football, particularly with the pitch the way it was.

It would have been a very different game if we hadnt given them an easy goal so early.
tel

Postby oakton » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:12 am

Just wondering, out of the 10 straight wins we had, How many of those Traore played? how many of the 10 wins was Traore in the starting lineup?
oakton

Postby DAV » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:20 am

looks like Fulham are after Traore for 2 million
I say
Come on Fulham, sign your man, you know it makes sense.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:02 am

DAV wrote:looks like Fulham are after Traore for 2 million
I say
Come on Fulham, sign your man, you know it makes sense.

that has to be a wind up right?
where did u hear that? we need sources
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion