Dic the truth! - Reason behind the pull out!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:44 am

Funny you mention Chav Chelsea, Abramovich pumps hundreds of millions in but they dont seem to be under pressure to make a profit and as soon as they have a downturn in results the Portuguese fisherman is linked with other clubs. Makes you kinda value what we have at Anfield huh ?

There's nowt queerer than football.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:55 am

Chavsea are a disaster waiting to happen.

They exist at the pleasure of a tempremental Russian who has already begun to interfere with the sporting side by pressurising Jose to buy Ballack and Shev.

They have spent absurd amounts of money, they are not operating as a business and their brand identity is worthless, appealing to only fickle gloryhunting fans who will ditch the club just as quickly as they jumped on the bandwagon.

No future planning is being made. Chavsea are doomed. Right now, they should enjoy their brief moment in the limelight.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:59 am

They have no 'soul'.   Pagan barstools.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:10 am

Manhattan, Mourinho wanted Ballack who he described as "tactically and physically very strong" and he has been singing Ballack's praises all of the time, it was Schevenko (a good friend of Abramovich) who Abramovic tried to bring to Chelski since he owned them.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:36 am

Once again David Moores proves he's more astute than many want to believe. :;):

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:22 am

Gillett flies in to seal £470m Liverpool deal

Dominic Fifield
Saturday February 3, 2007
The Guardian

Liverpool's prospective new American owners, George Gillett Jr and Tom Hicks, will fly to Merseyside on Monday to submit a formal bid worth about £470m for the Premiership club.
The club's chairman, David Moores, is expected to convene a board meeting that day to confirm his commitment to the sports franchise owners' offer, accepting some £88m for his 51.6% shareholding in the club. Hicks and Gillett are expected to hold a press conference confirming that their bid has been accepted by the majority shareholder on Tuesday, with the £5,000-per-share offer then presented to shareholders. Liverpool hope the takeover will be resolved in the next few weeks.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The club's chef executive, Rick Parry, who is likely to retain that role under the new owners, confirmed yesterday that Hicks' involvement in the bid - he and Gillett have gone 50-50 to lodge the offer - has made the Americans an enticing opportunity. "While we have always had a good relationship with George Gillett, it's clear the involvement of Tom Hicks adds another dimension and considerable strength to the bid," he said.
Javier Mascherano's career in England remains in limbo after the Premier League confirmed that it had still to ratify the Argentinian's registration as a Liverpool player after his loan move from West Ham. Rafael Benítez had hoped to hand Mascherano a debut in this lunchtime's 205th Merseyside derby but the Premier League indicated that it wanted to scrutinise the deal. The midfielder was jointly owned by investors when he played for Corinthians in Brazil. The Premier League, whose rules stipulate that a player must not be part-owned by a "third party", maintains that his transfer to West Ham did not contravene any of its rules, but it will need to be equally certain before it rubber-stamps his move to Anfield.

Everton are to give their England striker Andrew Johnson a fitness test at Bellefield this morning in the hope that he has recovered sufficiently from an ankle injury to feature in the Merseyside derby.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:09 am

I dont know, but could it get messy if there are two prodominent owners ?

Say if its time to sell the club for one of them but the other doesnt want too, things like that. Apparently they are rival in their sports accross the pond. Will they both have the same vision to take the club forward. Will they want too take the club (on the pitch) or are they looking for finacial gain soley from an investment.

My only comparison to having these two running the club, and I know its probably know where near or the best comparison. But similar in principle is Houllier-Evans managing one team. ???
66-1112520797

Postby Effes » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:44 am

If someone "invests" £470M in a football club, how the hell will they ever get their money back?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:52 am

Effes wrote:If someone "invests" £470M in a football club, how the hell will they ever get their money back?

By selling it and its assets for more  ???
66-1112520797

Postby Effes » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:11 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Effes wrote:If someone "invests" £470M in a football club, how the hell will they ever get their money back?

By selling it and its assets for more  ???

True but, that person would have to be confident that they'd then make money??

It's a false economy really
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:28 am

Through success and affiliates im guessing. The club needs investment, times are changing and theres no doubt Liverpool need the money. All football clubs rely on many sources of income, for the lower clubs, survival, relegation means no absurd amounts of cash from the premiership, whereas survival means they will be ok. I dont think whoever invests this cash will be looking to sell the club because what profit will they make?? The future looks good, we'll be out of debt thats the thing to look forward to.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scouse_legend » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:17 pm

I just thought they got the money back through over investments and kit selling and ticket sellng lol :p  ???  :laugh:

Scouse_legend

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion