Town pull off coups - Sky sports 03 june 2005

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:50 pm

TOWN PULL OFF COUPS
SKY Sports 03 June 2005 

Liverpool showed an interested in released Manchester United youngster Steven Hogg, his new club Shrewsbury Town have revealed. 

The 19-year-old midfielder was in talks with Rafa Benitez's UEFA Champions League winners but has moved down the leagues to play at Gay Meadow.

Hogg represented Liverpool in a reserve team trial against local rivals Everton in March but he was one of two new signings unveiled by Shrews boss Gary Peters on Friday.

"He's a player that a lot of people wanted - when United released him, the first club to show interest was Liverpool," Peters told Shrewsbury's official website.

"He's a central midfield player, 19 years old, but his potential is awesome; he could be anything.

"When Liverpool were talking to him, he was still talking to us. And he hadn't made his mind up where he wanted to go."

Peters has also pulled off the signing of Watford's rookie right back Ben Herd, despite competition from Bournemouth.

"He had a lot of interest from other clubs and Bournemouth really wanted to sign him," he added.

"Ben was going to sign for Bournemouth but it was only because Villa allowed James O'Connor to sign for them that Ben didn't go.

"I got Ben on the recommendation of [former Watford boss] Ray Lewington. He phoned me up and told me this kid was way above what anyone releases and Watford didn't really know what they had got."
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion