DAVID NGOG - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:27 am

The Good Yank wrote:I know this may seem a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but it isn't, Anybody else up for giving him another N'gog?  Unless the higuain rumor pans out (highly doubt it) We are still lacking in depth up front.  He can't be on crazy wages, does keeping him around hurt the team?  I don't think so, seems like he has good character and shows some nice glimpses of being a good player here and there.

Given our lack of options, I'd say keep him at least until January.

Been saying the same thing.. I've never liked but  but we really don't have any other strikers.  He's looked so much better in these friendly's as well.  I know they aren't good teams, but he looks so much more comfortable and he's not missing when he gets the chances.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kukilon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:36 am

Anyone that performs should be awarded for that and as long as someone is not offering silly money which won't happen for him he should stay. Still looks like a rabbit caught in a cars headlight but he is at the moment sadly enough the best striker we have behind Suarez and maybe Kuyt.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:12 am

Kukilon wrote:Anyone that performs should be awarded for that and as long as someone is not offering silly money which won't happen for him he should stay. Still looks like a rabbit caught in a cars headlight but he is at the moment sadly enough the best striker we have behind Suarez and maybe Kuyt.

Isn't Caroll a striker then ???
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:23 am

He has scored some goals inthe friendlies.. and he did the same last year, as well as the early rounds of the Europa League.

When it got to the nitty gritty of the season he floundered, apart from a good goal in the opening game against Arsenal.

He too often flatters to deceive. But it looks like he is staying for at least another few months as he is pricing himself out of a transfer with his wage demands.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:20 am

Is he still here then?  :glare:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:37 am

Kenny Kan wrote:Is he still here then?  :glare:

Looks like
He seems like a nice lad but hes not what we need
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:43 pm

John Henry seems to be a fan and has a put a good word in for him along with Acqualani so I would guess that will keep both of them here this year bar a bid we cant refuse.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:11 pm

parchpea wrote:John Henry seems to be a fan and has a put a good word in for him along with Acqualani so I would guess that will keep both of them here this year bar a bid we cant refuse.

What does he know?
:upside:
Thommo's perm

Postby Kukilon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Boocity wrote:
Kukilon wrote:Anyone that performs should be awarded for that and as long as someone is not offering silly money which won't happen for him he should stay. Still looks like a rabbit caught in a cars headlight but he is at the moment sadly enough the best striker we have behind Suarez and maybe Kuyt.

Isn't Caroll a striker then ???

yeah but sadly outpermformed by Noggtodd at the moment.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:19 am

parchpea wrote:John Henry seems to be a fan and has a put a good word in for him along with Acqualani so I would guess that will keep both of them here this year bar a bid we cant refuse.

John W ain't no mug.. talking him up to move him on.. did take his goals well  :;):
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:46 am

He's a finisher... And quite natural at that... Sadly he needs to work on his anticipation to be at the right place at the right time... Unfortunately he doesn't suit the way we play right now... Or vice versa. But with downing and Henderson in our team now, who knows? I would keep him if no other better option is available...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:21 am

maguskwt wrote:He's a finisher... And quite natural at that... Sadly he needs to work on his anticipation to be at the right place at the right time... Unfortunately he doesn't suit the way we play right now... Or vice versa. But with downing and Henderson in our team now, who knows? I would keep him if no other better option is available...

Hes "still learning"
We havent got time to teach someone to be a great striker.
Good luck to him wherever he goes...(hint, hint)
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:28 am

Ngog is not the kinda player we need if we wanna win trophies, a few goals in pre season or against Robotnicki last year shouldn't fool anyone.  We should sell and sign another striker.  Wickham would of been good.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:30 am

jacdaniel wrote:Ngog is not the kinda player we need if we wanna win trophies, a few goals in pre season or against Robotnicki last year shouldn't fool anyone.  We should sell and sign another striker.  Wickham would of been good.

To be honest, some of the kids in the reserves are as good if not better than Ngog
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:Ngog is not the kinda player we need if we wanna win trophies, a few goals in pre season or against Robotnicki last year shouldn't fool anyone.  We should sell and sign another striker.  Wickham would of been good.

To be honest, some of the kids in the reserves are as good if not better than Ngog

:nod  Adam Morgan is one of them, been watching highlights of the reserves recently really think this kid is fowleresque
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion