Consistency & Balance

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:32 pm

It's the youth/experience balance that intrigues me.  If you look at it now, outside of Carra and Gerrard, Agger is our most senior player at 28. This season has regularly seen us field lineups with an average age of 23 which is the youngest in the League.

I cant imagine many people are thinking its a good balance . I'm happy with the youth but if you're losing Maxi, Kuyt and Bellamy who where all good experienced squad players, then you have to replace them. One of our major problems has been that in the 4-3-3 we've had nowhere near enough goals from the wide forwards in the front 3 apart from Suarez. Fortunately Sturridge has rectified this somewhat in January but you have to wonder what might have been had he signed in the summer.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Got to agree with you StMike the whole culture of the squad has changed from a balance of age/experience to youthful enthusiasm based on stories of past glories. I don't even know who's left at the club to instill the Liverpool way and folklore into them?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 am

We are Liverpool, once mighty and all conquering and although we have been through turbulent times over the last 5 years we have a god given right to be winning every competition we enter or finish in the top 4 at the very least, anything else is unacceptable   

Try not to put words in my mouth please   

I had no need to.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Kenny Kan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:06 am wrote:

We are Liverpool, once mighty and all conquering and although we have been through turbulent times over the last 5 years we have a god given right to be winning every competition we enter or finish in the top 4 at the very least, anything else is unacceptable   

Try not to put words in my mouth please   

I had no need to.

So you agree with the above statement?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 pm

I did not say that, did I?  :lookaround

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby KingKennyDalglish :) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:50 pm

How do I create my own conversations thing ? Someone please tell me !!! I'm using an android phone .
Thank You :)
YNWA
KingKennyDalglish :)
LFC Basic Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Kenny Kan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:17 am wrote:

Well, when you've got no hope and have used up 23 years of patience in waiting for the league title, expectations change and 4th becomes the target. You may want to decrease Liverpool's aspiration further, declaring 8th is an achievement but most Liverpool fans I know certainly won't.

Now even pts aren't the most important thing anymore. It's about feel, direction blah blah blah. So even if you finish 8th, say same as last season it's a step forward now as the feel of the team is different...
Where you end up in the table isn't the most important, but the feel of how the team is progressing. And should you finish midtable it's all down to poor luck or bad refereeing or super goaltending...
Let me tell you something, 8th is still 8th no matter how you try and sugercoat it!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Kenny Kan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 pm wrote:I did not say that, did I?  :lookaround

So you dont then?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Penguins » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:08 pm wrote:

Well, when you've got no hope and have used up 23 years of patience in waiting for the league title, expectations change and 4th becomes the target. You may want to decrease Liverpool's aspiration further, declaring 8th is an achievement but most Liverpool fans I know certainly won't.

Now even pts aren't the most important thing anymore. It's about feel, direction blah blah blah. So even if you finish 8th, say same as last season it's a step forward now as the feel of the team is different...
Where you end up in the table isn't the most important, but the feel of how the team is progressing. And should you finish midtable it's all down to poor luck or bad refereeing or super goaltending...
Let me tell you something, 8th is still 8th no matter how you try and sugercoat it!

Who is saying 8th is a step forward?
Thommo's perm

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:06 am

Penguins » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:08 pm wrote:

:D

You forgot to add patience to feel and direction.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion