Chelsea double header - How will we play?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BringBackTiti » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:23 am

I cant wait for the CL game hope the atmosphere is the same as last, ive still got videos on my phone of YNWA ten mins after the game finished.

''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:23 am

Morientes is fit again, maybe he can get 2 past Chelsea again like he did for Monaco, Oh well we can all dream cant we  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:26 am

I think Cisse might be key in this one cant really see Crouch getting that much joy up againt Terry on his own, maybe Djibril can start on the right???
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:58 pm

BringBackTiti wrote:I think Cisse might be key in this one cant really see Crouch getting that much joy up againt Terry on his own, maybe Djibril can start on the right???

and lets hope that luis garcia starts as left back.........................................................in the changing rooms that is
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:01 pm

Judge wrote:
BringBackTiti wrote:I think Cisse might be key in this one cant really see Crouch getting that much joy up againt Terry on his own, maybe Djibril can start on the right???

and lets hope that luis garcia starts as left back.........................................................in the changing rooms that is

So he cam keep Josemi company!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:03 pm

too right hawky.........it started ok, then petered out, they are not good enough consistantly that is
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:10 pm

As both games are home games I think its vital we set the tone by going at them from the start, none of this lone striker bollox that Rafa insisted on playing against Manure. We need 2 strikers and Gerrard freed in an attacking\creative role.

According to LFC.TV Rafa has been endlessly exploring how we are going to solve this lack of goals problem?? My solution - play 2 strikers!

...or is that 2 obvious??
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:16 pm

not bad SCS, but hitting the back of the net also helps :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:21 pm

True but I saw the biggest problem against Manure was we we're using Crouch to anchor the ball up front but with no-one playing off him it ended going back where it came from. Which seems a bit pointless?!

I think Morientes returning will alleviate this but hopefully Rafa will explore Morientes and Cisse more. In my opinion Crouch has limited effect on the game
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:23 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:True but I saw the biggest problem against Manure was we we're using Crouch to anchor the ball up front but with no-one playing off him it ended going back where it came from. Which seems a bit pointless?!

I think Morientes returning will alleviate this but hopefully Rafa will explore Morientes and Cisse more. In my opinion Crouch has limited effect on the game

crouch is great in the garden helping alan titchmarsh prop up some sweet peas  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:33 pm

I just think in big games, especially the Chelski ones, we have to attack. No without caution but with a definite game plan to win. Last season before the Champions League 2nd leg with chelsea Rafa told Mourinho "You'll lose", and they did - great stuff.

But against Manure - we heard nothing, and then had to suffer through a dire 0-0, almost as bad as the '96 FA Cup Final...actually nothing was worse than that :laugh:

Sometimes its good to hear mind games, its gives the players and fans a boast to hear a manager fight talking
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:43 pm

you will see maureen playing the minds games more often in the next few days, as i reckon he is worried we will do his side twice in a matter of days.

they have all to lose, thats maureens mentality
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:45 pm

it will be extremely interesting to see how the sides approach the two games. last season we met five times and to be honest there was nothing between the two sides on most occassions. infact all the games were cagey affairs with the exception of the carling cup final. three of the games finished 1-0 and one was a 0-0 draw which tells you pretty much what both teams are about.

however if i had to be honest, i'd be more confident about winning the CL game than the premiership game at this moment in time. we're a team that is tailor-made for european competition. think back to the semi's last season. our tactics were spot on and we were the better team over the two legs. forget mourihno spouting all this sh#t about how "the better team lost". they had 1 shot on target in 180 minutes of football.

chelsea are a stronger outfit than last year imo. this season it seems like the majority of teams are beaten by them before they even step on the field. del horno was a good signing and essien (despite being way way overpriced) is a hell of a player. however if we perform to the best of our abilities and take the game to them we can win both games. chelsea have been in fifth gear this season and with the exception of wigan, haven't really been tested.

as a spectacle, i expect the premiership game to be better. last season the european games were more like a game of chess. neither team have conceded a goal in the league yet which leads you to believe that there won't be many goals this time around either.

i'll go for 1-0 to us in th CL and 1-1 in the league.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby AlanHansen » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:59 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:What will raffa do? Match them man for man and play the same hence more than likely 2 dull cautious games that will probably both end no score draws?

Yes

Or will go at them for the first 10-20 minutes then sit back.

Or they will take revenge for the CL last year.   :(
AlanHansen

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:04 pm

AlanHansen wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:What will raffa do? Match them man for man and play the same hence more than likely 2 dull cautious games that will probably both end no score draws?

Yes

Or will go at them for the first 10-20 minutes then sit back.

Or they will take revenge for the CL last year.   :(

Or the games will be called off due to a waterlogged pitch and faultly floodlighting.  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion